lawren14

issues about calling your fiance "hubby" on emails.

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Now I am worried.I did the same I sent emails that said Good morning my beautiful wife but not very often.Its just an affectionate way to refer to our future.The petition is approved and we will have our interview soon on Juarez.Does anybody think this will be a problem. I have my divorce decree and my fiancee has never been married. Is Juarez considered a high fraud consulate? Thanks

Did you send those emails in with your petition? If so, nothing you can do about it now. Just hope they don't bother to read them and ask about calling her your wife. If you did not send them in with the petition, then do not take those to the interview to show as evidence of relationship. Sometimes couples that are already married try to get a K-1 visa because they think it is a faster way to go. Do not give them any reason to believe you are already married.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, i'm the benificiary and i'm from the Philippines as well. We actually call each other "dad" and "mom" and it never got us into thinking that this would be a problem in our petition. we had an RFE but they never asked us about this and instead they just asked for an ongoing relationship from the last 2 years. I'm just worried since the letters we provided stated "mom" and "dad" in it and we're still waiting for their reply on our case. :wacko: Will this lead to bigger problems? :blink: Although my Fiance mentioned in his statement that it's just our endearment and before we we're in a relationship, we were already teasing each other mom and dad and that's how it lead us to that name calling. Will this cause denial even though my Fiance stated this on his statement? They never mentioned this on our RFE but it just scares me. :(

They're going to think you're marrying your parents

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm in the same line of thought as the folks wondering why you are sending emails in the first place. If you are a legit couple, you should have plenty of evidence without those.

The only email we included was my itinerary for one of my flights. Other than that, we had more than enough real letters. I knew for SEVERAL MONTHS that we would need to produce evidence so we made sure to send letters/cards/postcards--it really isn't rocket science.

That with photos, ticket stubs, boarding passes, etc are excellent evidence.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

I am the beneficiary, I'm from manila, Philippines.. yeah I guess I wont be using those emails anymore. Thank you :)

my pinay wife & i text mostly on Chikka

so we had very few emails , we still got through it & she has her visa in hand

good luck

piglett

06/05/2010 wedding Cajidiocan, Philippines

11/17/2010 I-130 packet sent

11/23/2010 petition has been received and routed to the Vermont

Service Center for processing!!!

11/27/2010 NOA1 recieved by mail

04/23/2011 NOA2 recieved by mail....what a slow process : (

07/22/2011 AOS fee sent in also choice of address & agent form sent

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

02/28/2012 medical done ONE DAY !!!

03/14/2012 VISA APPROVED : )))

MY PICTURES http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Emin TX one of the reasons I use the emails is because the mail is not reliable in Mexico. Chances are if you send a gift in th email it wont make it. I have plenty of phone records and all my boarding passes and ticket info hotel receipts for my 3 trips. I hope it is enough

Timeline

Emin TX one of the reasons I use the emails is because the mail is not reliable in Mexico. Chances are if you send a gift in th email it wont make it. I have plenty of phone records and all my boarding passes and ticket info hotel receipts for my 3 trips. I hope it is enough

:thumbs:

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You know what? I wouldn't worry about it because people use pet names a lot and during my interview they never asked for emails or chat logs. I don't know how this pet name issue started but there's your CENOMAR to prove that you are not married as well as background checks :)

my CENOMAR was provided and of course we're not married yet. If they did consider it a RED FLAG they would've stated it otherwise on our RFE. Hope this won't be big of an issue.

Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you..

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

04/18/2012 - NOA2 :)

05/16/2012 - Medical Done

05/30/2012 - Interview - Visa Approved!

06/09/2012 - Visa on Hand

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

08/17/2012 - I-485 and I-765 Sent

08/23/2012 - NOA1 (I485 and I-765)

08/24/2012 - Cash Checked

09/10/2012 - Biometrics Done

10/22/2012 - EAD Approved

10/29/2012 - EAD Card Received

Timeline

They're going to think you're marrying your parents

:rofl:

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'm in the same line of thought as the folks wondering why you are sending emails in the first place. If you are a legit couple, you should have plenty of evidence without those.

This seems ridiculous - my fiance and I are a "legit couple", but I am having a ton of trouble figuring out what new evidence we should submit when the interview comes up. We see each other every day for hours on video chat, keep in touch texting and calling every day, and yet we will have almost nothing to submit because the video program we use (vZo chat) doesn't record history and texts would be the only thing possible to show history of.

Seems crazy to me to judge if someone is a "legit couple" or not just by whether or not they email?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Seems crazy to me to judge if someone is a "legit couple" or not just by whether or not they email?

It seems crazy that you want something and you have to play by the rules to get it. You want a visa, you have to provide evidence. There is a list of evidence that is successfully used by many people. In the time it takes you to wait on your interview, you have plenty of chances to continue your relationship and keep records (evidence).

Send a letter. It will cost you a little over a dollar in postage. Send a card. Send a post card. Maybe the mail is unreliable, but it isn't always. SOME things should get through okay. For such a cheap and easy thing, I can't get why people gripe about it. It costs less than a Coke or a cheap burger. (Not all of our letters/packages have gotten through, but most have and I never mind doing something easy to demonstrate my love--even if it means re-sending a letter. From July through March, we had several from Christmas cards to Valentines cards to letters with pictures inbedded to silly pop-up cards that I made with our pix to postcards where I circled our neighborhood on an areial photo to whatever. He had something coming regularly to perk up his week. His family could also see the evidence of these regular items or read the post cards and this made them more accepting that *I* am legit!)

I, personally, love the cards/letters that I have gotten. I can smell his cologne and read his words and can carry something with me that he touched very recently. It is wonderful.

When you visit, DO something together. Go to the movies. Go on a tour. Go do something that is great for pictures and has a receipt. Go to the doctor, if you need to. Save that receipt, too. Save your boarding pass/luggage tickets. Make sure you have a variety in your documentation.

You know, once upon a time, it was popular to save momentos of times that you were with your loved one along with all the letters and cards that you've gotten. That is pretty much what a lot of this is.

With all that we had gathered, the interviewer asked for a few pages of the organized-in-plastic-pockets evidences that were in the notebook. This included tickets together with a photo of us there, boarding passes/luggage stubbs, a doctor receipt with a photo we took outside there while waiting for the taxi, pix of us in scenic places near the embassy, and I am not sure what else. I think that 7 of the pocket-pages were looked at. It was a well-organized variety.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OK, after reading about this earlier we stopped using husband or wife in our e amils but we do sometimes use "future husband or future wife"

Thoughts on this anyone?

I have proof of our visit but when it comes to proving an on going relationship all we have are our e mails, my fiancee is in China.

I will have some mail stuff because I have used Fed Ex to send and get some of this paperwork.

We referred to each other as husband-to-be and wife-to-be when it was appropriate in our emails before we were married. We submitted a few of those emails with our petition, but included other evidence of our relationship as well. It is a good idea not to jeopardize the future when you are dealing with USCIS by submitting anything that could be interpreted in a way other than the real one. Calling each other husband and wife indicates that your situation may not be fiancee but already married; Submitting photographs of what looks like a wedding celebration - even if you didn't officially get married - raises doubt and suspicion that you are not telling the truth. Such applications will be given greater scrutiny and other little questions may also arise, and before you know it your petition has moved from a 'yes, can be approved' to a 'needs further scrutiny, may be fraudulent or wrong visa'.

Referring to each other as 'future husband' and 'future wife' does not give a false impression of your relationship but explains it exactly as it is - engaged and planning to marry - so it is fine.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I'm not condoning the use of the terms and if you look at my Engagement party it looks like a traditional Khmer wedding not a Vietnamese Dam Hoi. Vietnam is high fraud Visa country were never asked about it, beings that we filed a K1 not a Cr1. The people you say that got denied more than likely had other red flags. If the evidence was submitted already so be it. Have your fiancee ready to explain why these terms were used. Frankly we used them as comfort terms.

(Sigh, man) Let's talk turkey here:

1) USCIS doesn't require e-mails in terms of the petition. However, everything that USCIS receives is sent to the consulate, and for some consulates it's wise to front-load the USCIS petition with evidence of bona fide relationship (including e-mails).

2) If USCIS receives material indicating a marital status other than what applies to the petition, consider the potentially very unpleasant result.

3) If the consulate receives material indicating a marital status other than what applies to the petition, many visa applicants can kiss their chance at a visa goodbye -- either outright or because it would be impossible to "prove a negative" (i.e., that you're not married after all) upon receipt of a 221g. Just look at what happens at some places when a consul sees photos of a party that could be construed as a wedding -- whether the photos were included in the USCIS petition or were presented at the interview.

4) The I-129F petitioners here who HAVE submitted e-mails referring to themselves as "husband/wife" and got away with it were playing with fire.

5) The posters here who say "I don't think that you'll have any problem" are ill-informed, naive, or consciously offering perilous advice.

6) The posters here who say "I got away with it, so you will, too" are most definitely offering perilous advice and deserve being slapped down HARD, for ALL the right reasons.

7) Redacting text in submitted information (blacking out lines from e-mails, etc.) is a sure way to earn a 221g refusal of the visa from the consulate.

Do not trifle with either USCIS or the consulate!

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Timeline

It seems crazy that you want something and you have to play by the rules to get it. You want a visa, you have to provide evidence. There is a list of evidence that is successfully used by many people. In the time it takes you to wait on your interview, you have plenty of chances to continue your relationship and keep records (evidence).

Send a letter. It will cost you a little over a dollar in postage. Send a card. Send a post card. Maybe the mail is unreliable, but it isn't always. SOME things should get through okay. For such a cheap and easy thing, I can't get why people gripe about it. It costs less than a Coke or a cheap burger. (Not all of our letters/packages have gotten through, but most have and I never mind doing something easy to demonstrate my love--even if it means re-sending a letter. From July through March, we had several from Christmas cards to Valentines cards to letters with pictures inbedded to silly pop-up cards that I made with our pix to postcards where I circled our neighborhood on an areial photo to whatever. He had something coming regularly to perk up his week. His family could also see the evidence of these regular items or read the post cards and this made them more accepting that *I* am legit!)

I, personally, love the cards/letters that I have gotten. I can smell his cologne and read his words and can carry something with me that he touched very recently. It is wonderful.

When you visit, DO something together. Go to the movies. Go on a tour. Go do something that is great for pictures and has a receipt. Go to the doctor, if you need to. Save that receipt, too. Save your boarding pass/luggage tickets. Make sure you have a variety in your documentation.

You know, once upon a time, it was popular to save momentos of times that you were with your loved one along with all the letters and cards that you've gotten. That is pretty much what a lot of this is.

With all that we had gathered, the interviewer asked for a few pages of the organized-in-plastic-pockets evidences that were in the notebook. This included tickets together with a photo of us there, boarding passes/luggage stubbs, a doctor receipt with a photo we took outside there while waiting for the taxi, pix of us in scenic places near the embassy, and I am not sure what else. I think that 7 of the pocket-pages were looked at. It was a well-organized variety.

I had packages of valuables and sentimental items lost, stolen and once had one returned to me with everything but two items missing from it. My cards and letters sometimes never arrived and when they did, it would take them at least over a month to get there. He would also send me things by ordering online and have local flower shops or places like Amazon deliver to me. I did send him stuff through Amazon a couple times too, but it took forever and the shipping costs were outrageous. I gripe about the costs because the only way I was able to get a letter there was to pay for overnight shipping, so long as it only had documents in it, it would get there overnight with no problem. However, I was not about to pay that much just to be able to send a letter regularly. It was easy to abandon sending snail mails and only sending gifts on rare occasions. We talked online and the phone every waking moment we could. We used to keep the talk and or webcam program on MSN open 24/7 so when someone got home from work or wherever they were, they could simply talk through the mic and see if the other was there to hear it or be able to see them if they were in range of the webcam. We fell asleep with headphones on more times that I can count. It was a nice way to wake up 'together' too.

We always went out and did things together when I visited. Why wouldn't we or anybody for that matter? You are a couple, and go out on dates like any couple does. I saved my boarding passes, tickets and receipts from our outings as mementos and took tons of pictures. WHY? Because immigration would need them? NO. Just because I WANTED to keep those things, for ME. I cherished them and still do. He kept everything I ever sent to him as well. I had no idea we would be needing all those things because USCIS would want to see them. I did not go visit him because I had to for immigration purposes, and was on a mission to produce and collect evidence. You got that wrong. We had evidence already when we decided to file for the K-1 because we already were a legit couple that did not need to create evidence once we knew we would be filing. We already had plenty, even if it did not include a lot of regular snail mailings or emails, but mostly MSN talk, text and web chats plus tons of phone logs and all the other items I had saved, etc.

Different couples will have different evidence. The evidence that is suggested to show is a list of any of the types you may have. You do not HAVE to show some from each suggested type. It does not mean someone without a lot of emails, or a lot of snail mails is not legit. It means they have a lot of stronger evidence in a different category of the suggested types you can use. Yes, a variety is good, but someone having more of one particular type, such as snail mailings, does not make them more legit.

We were well organized too, and my husband took a lot of evidence with him to his K-1 interview. None of it was even asked for or looked at.

Timeline

I had packages of valuables and sentimental items lost, stolen and once had one returned to me with everything but two items missing from it. My cards and letters sometimes never arrived and when they did, it would take them at least over a month to get there. He would also send me things by ordering online and have local flower shops or places like Amazon deliver to me. I did send him stuff through Amazon a couple times too, but it took forever and the shipping costs were outrageous. I gripe about the costs because the only way I was able to get a letter there was to pay for overnight shipping, so long as it only had documents in it, it would get there overnight with no problem. However, I was not about to pay that much just to be able to send a letter regularly. It was easy to abandon sending snail mails and only sending gifts on rare occasions. We talked online and the phone every waking moment we could. We used to keep the talk and or webcam program on MSN open 24/7 so when someone got home from work or wherever they were, they could simply talk through the mic and see if the other was there to hear it or be able to see them if they were in range of the webcam. We fell asleep with headphones on more times that I can count. It was a nice way to wake up 'together' too.

We always went out and did things together when I visited. Why wouldn't we or anybody for that matter? You are a couple, and go out on dates like any couple does. I saved my boarding passes, tickets and receipts from our outings as mementos and took tons of pictures. WHY? Because immigration would need them? NO. Just because I WANTED to keep those things, for ME. I cherished them and still do. He kept everything I ever sent to him as well. I had no idea we would be needing all those things because USCIS would want to see them. I did not go visit him because I had to for immigration purposes, and was on a mission to produce and collect evidence. You got that wrong. We had evidence already when we decided to file for the K-1 because we already were a legit couple that did not need to create evidence once we knew we would be filing. We already had plenty, even if it did not include a lot of regular snail mailings or emails, but mostly MSN talk, text and web chats plus tons of phone logs and all the other items I had saved, etc.

Different couples will have different evidence. The evidence that is suggested to show is a list of any of the types you may have. You do not HAVE to show some from each suggested type. It does not mean someone without a lot of emails, or a lot of snail mails is not legit. It means they have a lot of stronger evidence in a different category of the suggested types you can use. Yes, a variety is good, but someone having more of one particular type, such as snail mailings, does not make them more legit.

We were well organized too, and my husband took a lot of evidence with him to his K-1 interview. None of it was even asked for or looked at.

well said :thumbs:

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.