verysadguy

Fiance' was cheating while PREGNANT

470 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I see that VAWA cases are approved most of the times. The way you put your case I think is not fair for you. I would say don't waste more efforts and money trying to have her deported. I think is more important that you protect your child and yourself from her possible come back after a VAWA approval. You may get more from a civil court, I am not a lawyer but she is also a parent she may have to pay for child support too. I hope you find the best help for you and your baby.

Yes, VAWA's are approved about 80% according to one attorney I spoke with. The USCIS site says evidence must show physical abuse. She filed for emotional abuse per her attorney. Stupid.

Yes, I have locked my doors, made my mail safe etc. Thanks everyone!

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Hi Verysadguy,

I feel really sad for what happened to you. I used to work at court and specialized in illegal immigrant cases. Unfortunately, I have to tell you that your soon-to-be ex-wife is eligible to apply for citizenship because she is the mother of a U.S. citizen.

Actually, my brother-in-law recently married someone from Vietnam too and some of our family members found out this girl has a "significant other" out there and they are planning for something after she got her green card. I for one don't really know if I should tell on her because something inside of me just hope that she will really fall in love with my brother-in-law during the procedure while she's waiting for the green card.

If this would be the case, there wouldn't be thousands of illegal immigrant mothers deported and leaving their US Citizen kids behind. You are totally incorrect on this matter.

02/28/2011 - K1 Application sent

03/03/2011 - K1 Application received

03/07/2011 - NOA1 Date

07/11/2011 - NOA2 Approved 126 days from NOA1

07/27/2011 - NVC recieved

08/05/2011 - NVC sent to consulate

08/10/2011 - Consulate received

09/01/2011 - Interview date

09/15/2011 - Visa Approved

10/06/2011 - Port of Entry - IAD Dulles International

01/25/2012 - AOS Package sent

02/15/2012 - Biometrics taken

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

What about a Violence Against Men Act!? VAMA?? Anyone!? No... :bonk:

:idea:

Never! That will never happen in this country -- politics have placed women in the 'protected class.' That Act was a pay off to feminist and man-haters -- supported by legions of girly men politicians.

Even in the face of studies that show women are just as likely to be the aggressor in a domestic disturbance. Women

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

If this would be the case, there wouldn't be thousands of illegal immigrant mothers deported and leaving their US Citizen kids behind. You are totally incorrect on this matter.

No, you are incorrect. Mothers do get deported. If they stay they are illegal, and only a few of them get citizenship. You need to read carefully what was written and what you wrote.

The now taboo terminology "anchor baby" is incorrectly associated with a mother's right to stay. I have a friend in the DOJ who works alongside ICE. They do indeed deport mothers. FACT.

You can look this up yourself.

According to PolitFact of the St. Petersburg Times, the immigration benefits of having a child born in the United States are limited. Citizen children cannot sponsor parents for entry into the country until they are 21 years of age, and if the parent had ever been in the country illegally, they would have to show they had left and not returned for at least ten years;

In any event, this thread is mostly relating to my unfortunate case where the mother was really really bad with tons of hard evidence and why justice is so slow. Your opinions are fine, but I'd really like facts and anecdotes from people who have actually been through USCIS rejections, ICE investigations, and removal proceedings. Thanks everyone.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

Never! That will never happen in this country -- politics have placed women in the 'protected class.' That Act was a pay off to feminist and man-haters -- supported by legions of girly men politicians.

Even in the face of studies that show women are just as likely to be the aggressor in a domestic disturbance. Women

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Us Men want rights too! :yes::ot:

K-1 Visa Journey
08/05/2011 I-129F sent
08/09/2011 I-129F recieved and signed for by C.Viella @ Lewisville, TX
08/11/2011 NOA1 email recieved
08/12/2011 Cheque cashed by USCIS
08/16/2011 NOA1 Hard Copy recieved
12/05/2011 NOA2 Email recieved: Approved
12/09/2011 NOA2 Hard Copy recieved: Approved
01/10/2012 Medical
01/24/2012 NVC received File
01/26/2012 NVC transferred to Embassy
02/06/2012 Embassy Received
02/08/2012 Packet 3 Received
02/16/2012 Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
02/17/2012 Embassy Received
03/01/2012 Packet 4 Received
03/13/2012 Interview Date: APPROVED
04/05/2012 POE: Dublin, Ireland

Your I-129f was approved in 116 days from your NOA1 date.
Your interview took 215 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

04/25/2012 AOS sent
04/30/2012 AOS Received and signed for by CHYBA @ Chicago, IL
05/03/2012 Cheque cashed by USCIS
05/04/2012 Biometrics letter sent
05/29/2012 I-485 transferred to CSC
06/01/2012 Biometrics appointment
07/06/2012 EAD+AP Card Production (68 days)
07/14/2012 EAD+AP Card Received

04/18/2013 Filed for EAD+AP renewal
04/19/2013 Contacted Congressman
04/19/2013 RFE for form I-693
05/06/2013 RFE response under review
05/21/2013 AOS APPROVED!
05/25/2013 Green Card IN HAND!

Your AOS was approved in 392 days from your send-date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No, you are incorrect. Mothers do get deported. If they stay they are illegal, and only a few of them get citizenship. You need to read carefully what was written and what you wrote.

The now taboo terminology "anchor baby" is incorrectly associated with a mother's right to stay. I have a friend in the DOJ who works alongside ICE. They do indeed deport mothers. FACT.

You can look this up yourself.

According to PolitFact of the St. Petersburg Times, the immigration benefits of having a child born in the United States are limited. Citizen children cannot sponsor parents for entry into the country until they are 21 years of age, and if the parent had ever been in the country illegally, they would have to show they had left and not returned for at least ten years;

In any event, this thread is mostly relating to my unfortunate case where the mother was really really bad with tons of hard evidence and why justice is so slow. Your opinions are fine, but I'd really like facts and anecdotes from people who have actually been through USCIS rejections, ICE investigations, and removal proceedings. Thanks everyone.

The person you quoted and said was incorrect IS NOT incorrect. Neither are you. You are saying the same thing. She quoted a person who said that the mother could get USC because her child is a USC and she was correcting them and saying no she can't and IF it were true then mothers wouldn't be getting deported (which they are).

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The VAWA can be used for men or women. It was called VAWA because women tend to be more likely to be abused by their spouses and especially women are more likely to be KILLED by their partners. http://www.americanb...statistics.html

In the '60s and '70s the women's movement and feminist groups politicized domestic violence, it's called VAWA because those groups wanted gender specific legislation -- they knew at the time that men were victims of domestic violence also, but facts can't get in the way of an agenda.

It's not likely we'll ever get good stats about domestic violence, the stigma associated with an abused man -- makes it less likely for men to report it.

Wow. The act was NOT a "pay off to feminist and man-haters", while it is called the Violence Against Women Act, men can and DO use it as well to adjust their status!

This fact sheet from the USCIS specially uses language such as "he or she" and "spouse" rather than "woman/she" and "wife", so it is designed for BATTERED SPOUSES, it's not just for women.

USCIS Fact Sheet: Guidance for VAWA Self-Petioners

It certainly was a way to please ("pay off to feminist) feminist -- why else would feminist/women's groups seek gender specific legislation with a gender specific title, considering victims of domestic violence can be of either gender? Yes, foreign men do take advantage of VAWA for the purposes of immigration. However, men not seeking an immigration benefit do not get the same level of services as women under VAWA. Try finding a shelter catering to a male victim of domestic violence, good luck. Do a Google search for men's shelter vs. women's shelter, the results are 4.7 million to 35.6 million, respectively. The results for men's shelters focus predominantly on homeless men -- not men that are victims of domestic violence.

Women are more than TWICE as likely to be killed by domestic violence! I think this act was very warranted. Yes, it can be abused by some people, so it probably needs some refinement. But that's no reason to dismiss it and call it a law made by "man-haters".

Without VAWA, would a woman be any less dead? Without VAWA would a male perpetrator face less charges? Would domestic violence be any less violent without VAWA? NO! Women are the ones that scream about gender equality -- how about gender neutral acts and legislation? I dismiss the politics of the law and less so the intent. You say "so it probably needs some refinement." VAWA funds are administered by the Office on Violence Against Women, shall we start the refinement with a name change to like, Office on Domestic Violence? Now tell me IMBRA was not a pay off to feminist.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for derailing the thread - stay on topic.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

mothers wouldn't be getting deported (which they are).

I'm sure there is no statistic for that other than reading the news about the occasional mother that gets deported. It is probably a higher number than we think. Anyone have an testimonials regarding cases in which mothers get deported. Especially after a VAWA denial? Would be much appreciated. I just hope that the VAWA agents in Vermont carefully looked through the A-files and contacted the ICE agents who have all the evidence in my case.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I'm sure there is no statistic for that other than reading the news about the occasional mother that gets deported. It is probably a higher number than we think. Anyone have an testimonials regarding cases in which mothers get deported. Especially after a VAWA denial? Would be much appreciated. I just hope that the VAWA agents in Vermont carefully looked through the A-files and contacted the ICE agents who have all the evidence in my case.

You better protect your child. She will come after the baby. I think you need to make sure everything is ok (Paper wise) You have a lot in your lap. Try to think about your baby nothing else.

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

Thanks! Yes, I have 100% physical custody thank God. I just don't want USCIS to make a mistake in the decision on this case. Clear cut K-1 romance fraud. Why would I ever sponsor and bring over a woman who has a lover during the entire courtship, engagement and pregnancy? If she gets a green card it will be a joke of the entire system.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

Filed: Other Country: Ireland
Timeline

If she gets a green card it will be a joke of the entire system.

Agreed! :thumbs: :thumbs:

K-1 Visa Journey
08/05/2011 I-129F sent
08/09/2011 I-129F recieved and signed for by C.Viella @ Lewisville, TX
08/11/2011 NOA1 email recieved
08/12/2011 Cheque cashed by USCIS
08/16/2011 NOA1 Hard Copy recieved
12/05/2011 NOA2 Email recieved: Approved
12/09/2011 NOA2 Hard Copy recieved: Approved
01/10/2012 Medical
01/24/2012 NVC received File
01/26/2012 NVC transferred to Embassy
02/06/2012 Embassy Received
02/08/2012 Packet 3 Received
02/16/2012 Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
02/17/2012 Embassy Received
03/01/2012 Packet 4 Received
03/13/2012 Interview Date: APPROVED
04/05/2012 POE: Dublin, Ireland

Your I-129f was approved in 116 days from your NOA1 date.
Your interview took 215 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

04/25/2012 AOS sent
04/30/2012 AOS Received and signed for by CHYBA @ Chicago, IL
05/03/2012 Cheque cashed by USCIS
05/04/2012 Biometrics letter sent
05/29/2012 I-485 transferred to CSC
06/01/2012 Biometrics appointment
07/06/2012 EAD+AP Card Production (68 days)
07/14/2012 EAD+AP Card Received

04/18/2013 Filed for EAD+AP renewal
04/19/2013 Contacted Congressman
04/19/2013 RFE for form I-693
05/06/2013 RFE response under review
05/21/2013 AOS APPROVED!
05/25/2013 Green Card IN HAND!

Your AOS was approved in 392 days from your send-date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.