Lililand

High fraud countries

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Agreed, Diana hit it on the mark
She usually does, on any subject. :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Without discussing the political issues if the question is really about Peru, then I would rate it at the high end of medium on the fraud scale. The categories are low, medium, high and Lagos. At most, this consideration impacts the level of evidence one might include when front-loading a petition or is wise to prepare for the interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

The way I see it, high fraud countries are pretty much those that are not a part of the Visa Waiver Program. So if you live in a country where you have to go to the embassy to get a tourist visa, that pretty much means the country is considered high fraud for most visa types. These include most, if not all of Latin American countries, and others from Africa, Easter Europe, Asia, etc.

Diana

Not quite. Countries in the waiver program are there because of statistics showing a low rate of rejection and a low rate of overstay. Can't recall the exact numbers (and this has just being modified -in how the calculation goes-; but is around 10% and 3 % respectively I believe)

Countries like Poland for example, that are in the EU, are not in the waiver program; thus a visit to the embassy and visa are required; at same time, obtaining a visa is not really a big deal -in most cases- other than the time and money.

High fraud in the context of VJ means using a K-1 and/or CR falsely to gain residency status...In other words, entering into a marriage with other intentions.

Timeline

Not quite. Countries in the waiver program are there because of statistics showing a low rate of rejection and a low rate of overstay. Can't recall the exact numbers (and this has just being modified -in how the calculation goes-; but is around 10% and 3 % respectively I believe)

Countries like Poland for example, that are in the EU, are not in the waiver program; thus a visit to the embassy and visa are required; at same time, obtaining a visa is not really a big deal -in most cases- other than the time and money.

High fraud in the context of VJ means using a K-1 and/or CR falsely to gain residency status...In other words, entering into a marriage with other intentions.

Pretty much the same countries have a high instance of fraudulent applications for any visa, so the context is not so limited as you might think.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There is, officially, no such thing. There is, in practice, several. Hence there is no "list" I have not heard of Peru being treated as a high fraud country. The way it can be determined is by the general attitude of consulates in a country or region. Middle East and Africa, India and the sub-continent, the far east except South Korea and Japan, etc. are considered to be treated as high fraud. Genrally South America is not except Ecuador which is for no apparent reason. Europe, Australia, Canada are generally pretty easy.

Nigeria is all by itself in another class of fraud.

And how did you come up with the fact that Nigeria is in its class of its own..... have you been there or is there a report that shows that?

Timeline

And how did you come up with the fact that Nigeria is in its class of its own..... have you been there or is there a report that shows that?

http://en.wikipedia...._Immigrant_Visa

If you look at this wikipedia entry you will see that Nigeria has the highest number of DV lottery winners. It also shows that it has the second highest number of disqualifications for illegitimate entries (82.71%).

Also you only need to spend a few minutes searching this website to see that Lagos is likely the most difficult embassy to pull a K-1 visa from.

So try not to take it personally.

Edited by Operator

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No. I must be wrong. Don't worry. Sorry.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The way I see it, high fraud countries are pretty much those that are not a part of the Visa Waiver Program. So if you live in a country where you have to go to the embassy to get a tourist visa, that pretty much means the country is considered high fraud for most visa types. These include most, if not all of Latin American countries, and others from Africa, Easter Europe, Asia, etc.

Diana

I have to disagree with your statement "if you live in a country where you have to go to the embassy to get a tourist visa, that pretty much means the country is considered high fraud for most visa types." And this is why. The fact that the citizens of any foreign country are asked for a visa, does not mean they are "automatically" looking to commit fraud. It is rather an immigration control mechanism. Imagine if the US Government was to say one day: "Ok let's remove all visa restrictions to everyone. And everyone who wishes to immigrate to the US is free to come, visa-free" ... Can you imagine how our population will growth? exponentially perhaps?

Citizenship

6/24/2016: Mailed N-400 package via USPS from Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan

7/11/2016: Received NOA1 dated 7/5/2016

11/3/2016: Received email from USCIS-Seoul Office with Naturalization appt set for 11/30/2016

11/30/2016: Naturalization Interview on Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan. N-400 Approved

12/1/2016: Naturalization Ceremony

Imagine if the US Government was to say one day: "Ok let's remove all visa restrictions to everyone. And everyone who wishes to immigrate to the US is free to come, visa-free" ... Can you imagine how our population will growth? exponentially perhaps?

Isn't that the current administration's policy on our Southern border?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

:rofl:

Our Journey
12/31/10 - Met my future wife, Dr. Sara
3/1/11 - Approved for B2 Tourist Visa (1 year)
6/1/11 - 3 weeks’ vacation together in USA
9/10/11 - 4 weeks’ vacation together in USA
12/4/11 - 4 weeks’ vacation together in USA
12/28/11 - Married in USA
1/23/12 - Renewed B2 Visa (10 year)

USCIS – Lima Peru - DCF
2/2/12 - Submitted I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (Dr. Sara) via DCF – Lima Peru
3/5/12 - Received "Packet 3 & Packet 4"
3/16/12 - Medical examination - Completed!!!!!!!
3/29/12 - Visa Interview - APPROVED!!! 56 Freakin' Days!!!!!
4/3/12 - Picked up Passport & Visa!!!
4/21/12 - POE at Atlanta. No problems or issues!!!!

5/15/12 - Dr. Sara received her Green Card in the mail
5/21/12 - Dr. Sara got her Social Security Card in the mail
6/21/12 - Dr. Sara got her Michigan Drivers License (watch out!)

4/21/13 - Dr. Sara 1st year anniversary in the USA!

Removal of Conditions

1/30/14 - Submitted I-751 Removal Of Conditions

2/18/14 - NOA I-797, I-751 Receipt Notice - Extended Conditional Residence 1 Year :-)

3/19/14 - Biometrics appointment

12/16/14 - 10 year Permanent Resident Green Card approved and received!!

Citizenship

5/4/15 - Submitted N-400 Application for Citizenship

5/6/15 - NOA for Priority Date of May 06, 2015

5/20/15 - Received NOA for Biometrics appointment

6/1/15 - Biometrics appointment

12/9/15 - Naturalization Interview - Passed!

12/15/15 - Citizenship Ceremony & Oath

no. not at all, unfortunately. obama is such a let down. nice try though..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thats was my point (and that of Marc Ellis)! Politics and prejudices form the basis in many immigration decisions. Somehow Vietnam is viewed as a high fraud country, yet statistics show that most Vietnamese that emigrate to the US reach higher educational and income levels than most native born citizens.

What does that have to do with those entering marriages for the purposes of gaining legal entry into the US? One could argue that the US spouse is used as a tool to get to the US because they can be more successful here than in Vietnam. One could say a lot of things, but this post is about fraudulent marriages not success of immigrants.

Edited by momof1

event.png

Timeline

What does that have to do with those entering marriages for the purposes of gaining legal entry into the US? One could argue that the US spouse is used as a tool to get to the US because they can be more successful here than in Vietnam. One could say a lot of things, but this post is about fraudulent marriages not success of immigrants.

The post is not about fraudulent marriages. The post was to ask the question of which countries are considered high fraud relating to K-1 visa applications.

Edited by Operator

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

My family is from Serbia as well as my husband who came here through the spousal visa. I dont think Serbia is considered a high fraud country even though its poor. Yes people have a harder time getting visitor visas to the US but when it comes to fiance and spousal visas they go pretty smoothly if you have the proof and documents they need. And they are pretty fast, for example my husband went to the interview and they requested my fathers (co-sponsor) w-2 forms (that i forgot to include in our huge binder of evidence) and they requested a letter from me stating why I haven't filed taxes in the last 3 years. We got all of that the same day called them and they told us to come back on the 30th of Sept. (interview was the 27th). We broguht it back they took the documents and handed us the visa within a half hour. The reason I am saying that is because in some countries it takes weeks for them to review those documents where here it was so quick it didn't give me too much to stress over not being approved the exact day as the interview.

[font="Century Gothic"]Married March 27, 2010
Sent out I-130 December 29, 2010
Recieved NOA 1 January 4, 2011
Touched January 6, 2011
Recieved NOA 2 May 9, 2011
Interview September 27, 2011
Visa in hand Septmeber 30, 2011 (it would of been the same day as the interview but they requested some more info)
POE - JFK, NYC October 12, 2011 [/font]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;23/st/20100327/e/Since+our+wedding/k/ccbb/event.png[/img]
[/url]

I think it is some "Friendly Nigerian Banker" that calls people to tell them he needs just $2000 dollars to send ya $50,000, that contributes to the High Fraud reputation Nigeria has, like no one else. :innocent:

But other than that....

WEST AFRICANigeria - High Risk

Nigeria remains one of the largest fraud and scam operations in the world. New tactics by criminals in Nigeria are increasingly sophisticated, and victims range from individuals, to investors, to multi-national corporations. New system technology allows Nigerian criminals to hide their true location, masking their IP address and using non-Nigeria phone numbers and addresses.

Common Fraud:

Advance fee fraud, dating scams, dating fraud, inheritance scams, online dating scams, business fraud, investment scams, charity and employment fraud

Areas of Concern:

Lagos, Abuja, Nationwide

Recommendation:

Nigeria background check, due diligence by Nigeria investigator to avoid fraud.

Wymoo Field Investigators:

Lagos, Nigeria

banker-with-money.jpg

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.