Lililand

Tourist visa denied!

44 posts in this topic

well from my experience my husband applied for a tourist visa twice @ santo domingo embassy and he was denied both times and was given an explanation for both denials the first was that he will come to the us to stay and get married and the second was denied because he told them he wanted to visit me and his kids at that time we werent married and they denied him now that we r married we have our interview on March 5, 2012 hoping he gets approved...:)

Oh, Im sorry... I guess I just assumed everyone would know it was because of not having enough ties to the country... My bad...

But yeah, they don't really tell you WHY they deny your tourist visa, they just tell you it has been denied... And he is not related to drugs or anything illegal, so the ties-to-the-country must be it right?

He wanted to come here to meet my parents =(

The Emabssy in Lima is not the worst (as compared to others), but they are picky and difficult. From the postings, it seems just a problem with ties to the country; however, the multiple past applications and denials might raise an eyebrow in some COs and if I were you, I'd be preparing rock hard evidence of the relationship in case someone decides that your fiance is determined to get to the US no matter what and maybe this is not all legit (not saying it is not, just that you want to be prepared for all contingencies). It is very important that your significant other were honest in the past petitions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The requirements for a tourist visa and for a K-1 are entirely different! Tons of people from especially 3rd world countries get denied a tourist visa just because they can't prove enough ties to their countries (not because the OP is hiding a horrible reason God forbid!)

I know a girl on VJ that was denied multiple tourist visas and student visas and was approved on the K-1, totally different visas!

The USCIS is not "required" to give any reasons for the denial, sometimes you just need to guess it! The OP already said the reason for the denial.

K1 Timeline
03/08/10 - I-129F packet sent to VSC
07/07/10 - Interview Date - APPROVED!
10/28/10 - POE @ Chicago
11/21/10 - Marriage

AOS, AP, EAD.
01/18/11 - AOS, AP, EAD packet sent
03/07/2011 - Biometrics appointment
03/29/2011 - AOS, AP and EAD approved (After 2.5 months)
04/04/2011 - Green card in hand[/size]

ROC
02/12/2013 - ROC packet sent
02/21/2013 - NOA1 Received
03/09/2013 - Biometrics appointment
06/19/2013 - ROC APPROVED!

N-400 Naturalization

06/20/2014 - N-400 Packet sent

07/15/2014 - Check Cashedarrow-10x10.png

08/04/2014 - Biometrics

02/19/2015 - Interview

03/26/2015 - Oath Ceremony
event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

As someone else said living in 3rd world countries or countries that aren't doing so well (including my country of birth) it is harder to get tourist visas. In Serbia most people that get tourist visas easily are older people with really really good ties to the country. A young person well they can go and set them selves up to be denied for it. I don't know if it will affect your K-1 I hope it doesn't and wish you good luck .

[font="Century Gothic"]Married March 27, 2010
Sent out I-130 December 29, 2010
Recieved NOA 1 January 4, 2011
Touched January 6, 2011
Recieved NOA 2 May 9, 2011
Interview September 27, 2011
Visa in hand Septmeber 30, 2011 (it would of been the same day as the interview but they requested some more info)
POE - JFK, NYC October 12, 2011 [/font]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;23/st/20100327/e/Since+our+wedding/k/ccbb/event.png[/img]
[/url]

All Tourist Visas were denied. Is there a reason? Yes Somewhere there is. But tell the OP Not to Worry about the K-1 Petition when it goes through the same Department that has a record that everything is OK. Well, thats Obsurd.

There is One good thing. The Petitioner will be given (Maybe) a RFE and have in writing a reason and allowed to give a reply.

No Problem.. READ! This Case already has problems. There is more to this story and Not Devulged.

There are a million of reasons why the OP could have had the tourist visa denied, not one of them has to be a reason for them to have the K1 to be denied. Why tell someone to worry ahead of time when there is no valid reason to be worried? That's even more absurd. K1 and tourist visas are two complete different things with complete different requirements. You will, for example, have a higher chance to be denied for a tourist visa if your ties with your own country are low and if they know that you have a lover in the US, with the K1 this does not matter at all anymore as having a lover is basically a requirement to get the K1. Besides, you coming from the Philippines should know above everyone else that you will likely get your tourist visa denied if you mention that you want to go to the US to meet the parents of your fiance if you are from a higher risk country and do not have enough ties (and I really think that is what happened here).

You don't need to have some random criminal background, like for some reason you really want the OP to tell us if that is the case (even though the OP says it isn't) to have your tourist visa to be denied. There's a legion of reasons why they do this. As for no reason given to the OP, search on Google and you will see a LOT of people get their visa's denied without any reason given. I'm not saying it is a requirement or not, as I simply do not know, but if you say it is a requirement for the consular office to provide the applicant with a reason, please provide us with an official link where it says that they have to.

Don't try to search for something that might not be there and please don't try to get the OP worried when there most likely is no reason to worry.

Oh, and before I forget, and my apologies for going off-topic: Please try to refrain from using capitals in your sentences when there Is no need for them (like 'Not to Worry' or 'same Department'). I'm not perfect either and I can look past the grammatical and other errors in your posts as I make those myself as well but there really is no reason to use the capitals like you are doing, English is not like German where you need them for correct writing. I'm sorry I had to say it but it just irritated me a lot when reading through your posts in this thread.

Edited by JeroenAndMichelle

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I can't say whether or not the reason for visa refusals is actually consistently given to an unsuccessful applicant in practice, but according to the State Department's Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM), consular officers *are* required to give the specific legal basis for the refusal, both orally and in writing. See 9 FAM 41.121 PN1.2-1 at http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87508.pdf.

I can't say whether or not the reason for visa refusals is actually consistently given to an unsuccessful applicant in practice, but according to the State Department's Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM), consular officers *are* required to give the specific legal basis for the refusal, both orally and in writing. See 9 FAM 41.121 PN1.2-1 at http://www.state.gov...tion/87508.pdf.

Thanks, at least we know this for sure then :)

Perhaps it's an idea for the OP to print it and give it to the fiance so they can show it to the consular officers if they refuse to state a reason when asked for? I don't know if it would work, but it might be worth a shot.

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

One more thing: when issuing visas US government really care about 3 things which make total sense:

1) Type of the visa match your intentions (so you do not become illegal)

2) You are not a criminal or pose threat to a society

3) You do not become burden to the society

In this case B1/B2 and K1 are absolutely different:

B1/B2:

1) Need to prove you are coming to visit for no more than 3 months

2) Sufficient ties to your country, primarily financial

3) Beneficiary can provide to themselves

Main difference of K1:

1) Intent - marriage and immigration as a consequence of true relationship

2) Financials - sufficient and stable support from the petitioner

As a result they are opposite in qualifications. Most of the beneficiaries from K1 would not qualify for B1/B2 for 2 reasons:

1) Financial - not enough money.

2) Clear tie to US in the form of boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancee

Denied B1/B2 (unless lied on application) has no correlation with the outcome of K1.

Edited by san diego

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

In general Tim/Mav jusdging from his comments gets pleasure from stating ridiculous untrue things just to get people worried or mislead. I see this over and over again.

It looks like the question in post #1 has been answered, and this topic has taken on a fairly combative tone. I am locking it down, as it looks like the topic has served its purpose.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.