sundarimudgirl

much older woman/younger man

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I will be interested to follow your story. And like so many have said its all based on your embassy and how the culture is and frankly where the incidents of fraud fall.

I too am older than my husband. I am 21 years older than my husband. I am the american and this is both a 1st marriage for us.

What i have in my favour is - live woith my husband before during and after our marriage in Nigeria for 6 months.

Nigeria you may not know has the highest visa fraud and well everyone is suspect. So just have your papers together seriously think to get married to solidify that relationship and all will be well.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Age gap is not a reason for denial, if it were there would be a boat load of people on here not married and living happily every after. The process is not to judge your relationship, but to evaluate your relationship to determine that is is real and that fraud is not being commited. Some countries quite simply are on the high alert list.

I agree that age gap is not a reason for denial. The embassies in India have been known to put cases that have factors like age, the male being the beneficiary, different religions or different ethnicities under AR/AP. Then they sit on it until it expires and then issue a denial because the case expires. Even though it's their fault they didn't finish their review before expiration and even though they have the ability to extend the expiration date. But no, they allow it to expire and issue a denial when the real reason is never revealed to the petitioner or beneficiary. The real reason is because they doubt the relationship due to the items I stated above but they can't find any legitimate reason to deny. I feel this is highly unethical but it still happens. So, even though the might not officially deny due to age gap or anything else doesn't mean it won't be a major issue.

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well here is my first post...this topic hit home. I've been reading these posts for sometime now and thought I better jump in. I too am the much older woman, 20 yr difference and also we have many "strikes" against us. I am American, he is Jordanian. I am christian, he is muslim. I've been married previously, he has not. I have 2 kids, he has 0. Shall I go on? It's a little depressing when I think about how someone sitting behind a desk reads into this.

We have been a couple for 3 1/2 yrs and I've made 2 trips to see him and part of his family. We've been through the interview process in Abu Dhabi and now in administrative processing...shocker. It's now been 6 months of painful waiting. Anyone have any advice...besides patience?

Thanks.. T

Bella

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hey Guys ,

Age should not be a factor as long as you can prove that you have bonafide relation . You said you have know each other for 4 years , just tell your story of past 4 years . We have a 7 years age gap and we were fine going

through Delhi, Did not had any problem what so ever . Just make sure you overload them with bonafide evidence .

Moksha :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well here is my first post...this topic hit home. I've been reading these posts for sometime now and thought I better jump in. I too am the much older woman, 20 yr difference and also we have many "strikes" against us. I am American, he is Jordanian. I am christian, he is muslim. I've been married previously, he has not. I have 2 kids, he has 0. Shall I go on? It's a little depressing when I think about how someone sitting behind a desk reads into this.

We have been a couple for 3 1/2 yrs and I've made 2 trips to see him and part of his family. We've been through the interview process in Abu Dhabi and now in administrative processing...shocker. It's now been 6 months of painful waiting. Anyone have any advice...besides patience?

Thanks.. T

I am 27 years older than my husband. He lives in Jamaica and I have been there 5 times in the past year and a half. I have stayed as long as a month the last time I was there. We filed the I 130 on Oct. 29th 2010. He had his interview May 13th 2011. His Visa wasn't denied, instead he was told the paperwork was being sent back to USCIS. He was told that I would be contacted to see if I wished to continue. I was contacted on June 29th 2011 and informed that USCIS had received the paperwork back from the State Dept. with a request to review it. I was told to allow 120 days from June 29th for a response from them. 120 days came and I contacted them to see if I could get information about the case. I was informed then to allow another 30 days to obtain the information. Last Friday was 150 days from June 29th. I called USCIS and the officer I spoke with explained it was only 120 days for this process. She said she would request an update be done for the case. Today I received an emial from USCIS stating the time frame for this process is 180 days and that I would receive something from them by December 29. Does anyone have similiar problems like this? Do you know what to expect them to do from here? Please let me know...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am wondering if anyone had a situation similar to mine and went through K-1 visa process (I am not sure we will be doing this but looking into it). My (Indian) boyfriend is 18 years younger. Our relationship is now four years old. I met him in India, I have been back many times, including all of last year, and he has been to the U.S twice to see me on a tourist visa. We have plenty of evidence that our relationship is "real." Because of our age difference I expect the spotlight will be shown on us extra brightly. Anyone have any experiences/advice to relate?

In our group of filers (July 08) there was a woman who was 20 years older than her SO from Australia. I know it isn't the same as coming from India but the age gap is similar. They were approved.

NOA 2. Really?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

In our group of filers (July 08) there was a woman who was 20 years older than her SO from Australia. I know it isn't the same as coming from India but the age gap is similar. They were approved.

Australia is a low fraud country. Age gaps (with the woman older) aren't super common but they're not against cultural norms so it's no wonder it wasn't denied. I know you were just using it as an example but other high fraud consulates would be a better example. I can't say I've seen too many denials (actually I can't recall any but there may be some I don't know about) out of Australia who are members here on VJ.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am 27 years older than my husband. He lives in Jamaica and I have been there 5 times in the past year and a half. I have stayed as long as a month the last time I was there. We filed the I 130 on Oct. 29th 2010. He had his interview May 13th 2011. His Visa wasn't denied, instead he was told the paperwork was being sent back to USCIS. He was told that I would be contacted to see if I wished to continue. I was contacted on June 29th 2011 and informed that USCIS had received the paperwork back from the State Dept. with a request to review it. I was told to allow 120 days from June 29th for a response from them. 120 days came and I contacted them to see if I could get information about the case. I was informed then to allow another 30 days to obtain the information. Last Friday was 150 days from June 29th. I called USCIS and the officer I spoke with explained it was only 120 days for this process. She said she would request an update be done for the case. Today I received an emial from USCIS stating the time frame for this process is 180 days and that I would receive something from them by December 29. Does anyone have similiar problems like this? Do you know what to expect them to do from here? Please let me know...

I think you misunderstand what happened. His visa WAS denied. That's why they sent the petition back to USCIS. They were recommending that the approval of the petition be revoked, probably because they suspected the relationship was a sham. They do not return petitions to USCIS without denying the visa. USCIS says they were "asked to review" the returned petition, but what they were asked to do was to revoke the approval of the petition. They're accusing your husband of fraud.

You'll eventually get a notice of their decision. If they decide that they disagree with the consular officer then they'll reaffirm the approval of the petition, and it will be sent back to the consulate for another interview. If they decide that the consular officer is probably right then they'll send you a Notice Of Intent to Revoke (NOIR), and give you a very limited window of time to respond. Depending on the strength of the evidence you respond with, they'll either reaffirm the approval or revoke it. If they revoke the approval then your husband will likely be considered guilty of material misrepresentation.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Australia is a low fraud country. Age gaps (with the woman older) aren't super common but they're not against cultural norms so it's no wonder it wasn't denied. I know you were just using it as an example but other high fraud consulates would be a better example. I can't say I've seen too many denials (actually I can't recall any but there may be some I don't know about) out of Australia who are members here on VJ.

I'm one of em :) I'm 4 years older than my fiance, not a huge age gap but my sisters call me a cradle robber anyway :rofl:

Brandy + Ben = <3
Dating online since June 2009
Met Feb 23rd 2010
Lived together in US on J1 Visa since Sept 28th 2010
Got engaged on Sept 21st 2011 :)
He went back to Australia at the end of his J1 Visa on Sept 22nd 2011 :(

Sent I129 on 10/26/2011
Received: 10/27/2011
NOA1 dated: 10/31/2011
NOA1 received in mail: 11/4/2011

NOA2!!!!! 01/25/2012 in 86 days! :wow:
Married June 4th 2012 <3

Like "I Support Austramerican Relationships" on Facebook!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you misunderstand what happened. His visa WAS denied. :bonk: That's why they sent the petition back to USCIS. They were recommending that the approval of the petition be revoked, probably because they suspected the relationship was a sham. They do not return petitions to USCIS without denying the visa. USCIS says they were "asked to review" the returned petition, but what they were asked to do was to revoke the approval of the petition. They're accusing your husband of fraud.

You'll eventually get a notice of their decision. If they decide that they disagree with the consular officer then they'll reaffirm the approval of the petition, and it will be sent back to the consulate for another interview. If they decide that the consular officer is probably right then they'll send you a Notice Of Intent to Revoke (NOIR), and give you a very limited window of time to respond. Depending on the strength of the evidence you respond with, they'll either reaffirm the approval or revoke it. If they revoke the approval then your husband will likely be considered guilty of material misrepresentation.

The OP does not have a denied visa situation, just asking questions about the age gap causing issues when she does apply.

""I am wondering if anyone had a situation similar to mine and went through K-1 visa process (I am not sure we will be doing this but looking into it).""

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The OP does not have a denied visa situation, just asking questions about the age gap causing issues when she does apply.

""I am wondering if anyone had a situation similar to mine and went through K-1 visa process (I am not sure we will be doing this but looking into it).""

Jim is correct, Jim replied to cgayle post, not the orginal poster post.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

Jim is correct, Jim replied to cgayle post, not the orginal poster post.

This is one of the reasons I quit corresponding with people on this web site due to lack of knowledge when a question is asked. You seem to be a little different so I would like to communicate with you about this. I contacted an immigration consultant after my husbands interview. He basically told me that they were more than likely questioning if it was a bonafide relationship. He explained that USCIS would contact me to request information to verify the relationship. He also recommended that I go and stay with my husband for a long length of time. I followed his instructions and went for 10 days in June and then left again in the middle of August and didn't return to the states until the middle of September. I have been to Jamaica 5 times in the past year and a half. And for the other person that chimed in about how the Visa was already denied you don't know what your talking about so please do not respond with your garbage opinion because it WASN'T DENIED. I would appreciate any information from anyone has that has had this same issue when they applied.

This is one of the reasons I quit corresponding with people on this web site due to lack of knowledge when a question is asked. You seem to be a little different so I would like to communicate with you about this. I contacted an immigration consultant after my husbands interview. He basically told me that they were more than likely questioning if it was a bonafide relationship. He explained that USCIS would contact me to request information to verify the relationship. He also recommended that I go and stay with my husband for a long length of time. I followed his instructions and went for 10 days in June and then left again in the middle of August and didn't return to the states until the middle of September. I have been to Jamaica 5 times in the past year and a half. And for the other person that chimed in about how the Visa was already denied you don't know what your talking about so please do not respond with your garbage opinion because it WASN'T DENIED. I would appreciate any information from anyone has that has had this same issue when they applied.

Okay, I will respond to what the attorney advised to you too, he was trying to give evidence in the future for a bondafide relationship. First, let clear one thing up, it was your husband answers and demeanor at the embassy that gve the CO reason to doubt the marriage. Whatever happen it happen.

Now, you can refer to what has happen to your petition as a return or a denial, but what is factual is that no visa was offered.

Sending the petition back to USCIS for future review can lead to 1 of 2 things, they can review the petition again and request additional evidence, or they can denie it. Now, this is being explained in language that you want it to be, because you fell that you didn't get a straight out denial.

Please go back and read Jim's post, it is right on the money, and he has given you some Good advise. Again, I know all of this is hard, but if you wish to see a good outcome of this in the future I would follow Jim's advise.

Timeline

Okay, I will respond to what the attorney advised to you too, he was trying to give evidence in the future for a bondafide relationship. First, let clear one thing up, it was your husband answers and demeanor at the embassy that gve the CO reason to doubt the marriage. Whatever happen it happen.

Now, you can refer to what has happen to your petition as a return or a denial, but what is factual is that no visa was offered.

Sending the petition back to USCIS for future review can lead to 1 of 2 things, they can review the petition again and request additional evidence, or they can denie it. Now, this is being explained in language that you want it to be, because you fell that you didn't get a straight out denial.

Please go back and read Jim's post, it is right on the money, and he has given you some Good advise. Again, I know all of this is hard, but if you wish to see a good outcome of this in the future I would follow Jim's advise.

I appreciate your honesty and knowledge pertaining to the information I gave in the prior post. The immigration consultant told me the same thing that you just said but as of right now the Visa hasn't been denied. I have tons of proof that it is a bonafide relationship. I am ready for whatever they ask for. It isn't a scam on our part and I beleive I have evidence of that. Do you by any chance know what they would need to verify the relationship. I just want your advice so I can cross referance with everything I have to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.