sundarimudgirl

much older woman/younger man

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Would have been wiser to marry in India and have spent that last year living together as husband and wife. That sort of evidence tends to trump everything else. If possible, go back, marry and spend some months together living as husband and wife.

I fully endorse Pushbrk's advice here.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: H-1C Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Mumbai doesn't allow USC petitioners inside for the interview, just as a FYI.

Also, given the circumstances and the fact that this is a consulate in India that you're going to be dealing with, affidavits from your mom stating that 'she has spoken to him on Skype' will mean squat. I really don't know how to put this in a better way.

For this to have ANY other outcome apart from an AP or a denial, will be a miracle greater than the immaculate conception of Christ.

I apologize if I have caused offence but I am not in the habit of sugarcoating the truth.

LOL, another great post by Sachinky :thumbs: I would just like to add that IMO, even having affidavits from HIS mother and siblings aren't going to mean squat. For all the consulate knows, his immediate family members could be in on the "scam" themselves and just using the USC as a "stepping stone" to get all of them to the US eventually. Involving his extended family, relatives, neighbors, and greater society in some sort of traditional celebration/reception would be far better evidence as far as the Mumbai consulate is concerned.

• 3 weeks later...

cgayle, that hijack was impressive! you never even looked back to see what you trampled!

hope the OP feels like she got some good information. lots was given. good luck to you.

heres to better thread etiquette in the future!

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Jai and I also have an 18 year age difference with him being younger. I have been with him in India for two months now and plan to be here through the interview, hopefully prior to May (when my visa is up). We have the full support of his family and usually get together with them for a meal everyday. I don't know if religion will be an issue. He's Hindu and I'm open to all religions, but committed to none. We just got NOA2 today! I guess we'll see where it goes from here. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Jai and I also have an 18 year age difference with him being younger. I have been with him in India for two months now and plan to be here through the interview, hopefully prior to May (when my visa is up). We have the full support of his family and usually get together with them for a meal everyday. I don't know if religion will be an issue. He's Hindu and I'm open to all religions, but committed to none. We just got NOA2 today! I guess we'll see where it goes from here. :)

Amen to that dear. Thanks for being honest and stating age difference gives me hope. O lived 6 months with my husband and now we will be filing.

The sad thing is all this service center shuffle they are doing. Have been hearing people say this week the california center is working on July 16th yet some who just filed in December and even this month already have their NOA2 approval.

I guess one can go mad trying to figure out what is going on and who is next.

Someone posted in December it took a week from NOA1 to NOA2 approval. Good grief.

Here's praying yours and my journey goes on the wings of angels swiftly with no issues.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

• 5 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hey my condition is same... We have 12 yrs of age gap. She is older.

Even we are concerned so much on this. K1 filed on March 05 2012. Waiting for NOA2. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As others have said, Age Gap is no reason to 'deny' the visa. It's just another thing though that will put more pressure on you to prove that your relationship is real. You'd better arm yourself with everything you've got. Emails, chat logs, phone records. Letters and photos and receipts and everything. Have it all ready in case it's needed. From a high fraud country, the burden of proof and eye of suspicion will likely be on you. I agree, unfortunately, you being the old one, and being female, is harder than the other way around (not that it should be, but it will be).

The fact that you have spent so much time together, across many trips, will work well in your favor. If you were there for a year did you live together? Any way if you did, you can show it?

Being scared is OK, as others noted, it means you'll be prepared.

But I also agree, your fiancé is going to be placed under a lot of suspicion for wanting to marry an older woman, of different race, and different religion. It's not fair. But it's probably the truth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I am 9 years older than my spouse and he is from a Muslim country. We only met once prior to my filing the K-1. He did have a very, very long AP but I think that was more due to his native country and his common name. The only things he was questioned about were was he aware I had three children (he doesn't want children so this was ok) and did he know of my criminal record.

A lot of it has to do with the evidence you send and the consulate you go through. We provided snips of yahoo chats from the two years we had know each other and several photos of us together with his sisters and nephew. AP is almost a certainty given the country he is from but I really don't think the age issue will be that big depending on his attitude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Mogambi..

Actually I am male from India :-) and she is in USA right now.

We were living together for long time in India but had many breaks. We first. Stayed together for 3 months, then 2 months, then 1 month. All in india. Because she used to go back USA and then come back. This is all happened in 2 years. We have all the receipts, call records, email, photos, engagement ring, pics with friends, BUT NOT WITH FAMILY. We had so many trips in India, almost 2 months of we have trips pictures. We do Skype everyday, video talk but don't know how to trace it and print it.

If you or any1 can suggest still more documentation then it will be helpful. I know I still have time but I want to keep/be ready.

Our relationship is legitimate and I hope we will be going smooth :-)

IM 10YRS OLDER THEN MY FIANCE AS WELL WITH A NOA1 OF MARCH 26, STILL WAITING. I DONT THINK IS A BIG ISSUE, I HEARS OF LOT OF VJ PEOPLE WHO HAVE GOT THERE VISA WITH NO PROMLEM

Edited by LA NEGRA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am wondering if anyone had a situation similar to mine and went through K-1 visa process (I am not sure we will be doing this but looking into it). My (Indian) boyfriend is 18 years younger. Our relationship is now four years old. I met him in India, I have been back many times, including all of last year, and he has been to the U.S twice to see me on a tourist visa. We have plenty of evidence that our relationship is "real." Because of our age difference I expect the spotlight will be shown on us extra brightly. Anyone have any experiences/advice to relate?

To begin, people on VJ with an age gap worry way too much. I was also worried when going through the K-1 process but soon learned that it isn't the age difference that was the deciding factor. It was all the evidence of a bonafide relationship that the counsular officer is looking at and the fact that your fiance / fiancee won't become a public charge when entering the US. Our 18 year age difference wasn't mentioned in the interview in Egypt. My fiance (now husband ) took our photo's, emails, phone records,letters,airline itinerary copies and whatever else we thought might be good evidence. Evidence,evidence,evidence that's what you need to worry about ...The best of luck to you both :)

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.