D N Medellin COL

Do I dare say this - "But I am GLAD for the long application wait".

94 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It's a lot of work and compromise.

holy ####### no one warned me about that... how do i withdraw my petition??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Ah K1, I waited a good two months or so before I headed out to just do the waiting with her... I think if you already lived with them for a long time and had to move back that is much harder than those who have limited contact with their fiance (u know... u are too used to everything and is suddenly changes) and the wait isn't good at all since you already know each other very very well and have everything ready to go. I think being married to the right person is much easier than waiting on k1 (we are going on 2 and a half years now), sure you have problems etc, but you overcome them together not on the phone or msn thousands of miles apart. Rest assured though, the hardest part of this entire journey is the K1 wait... We are nearing 3 months wait on ROC and I am not even really counting the days.... we will be approved when we are approved and as long as it doesn't take one year I could care less. Good luck!

I wasn't necessarily "glad" that the wait was so long, but it did give us a lot of time to do important things. I cherished the last few months that I had with my family, as well as the time it took to plan and get everything ready to move. It was a good test for our relationship to go through, and I think it made me appreciate it a lot more once I finally got to the US, knowing how hard we worked to get me here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's simple your loved one is WORTH the wait, either short or long:thumbs: :thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

October 26, 2010 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 2, 2010 - NOA 1 hard copy (dated Oct. 29, 2010)

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 15, 2011 - NOA 2

June 21-22, 2011 - Medical (passed! Thank you Lord)

July 19, 2011 - Interview (passed! Thank you Lord)

August 11, 2011 - POE (JFK)

AOS Timeline

Sept. 26, 2011 - I-485 & EAD sent to Chicago Lock box

Sept. 28, 2011 - Text/Email notificaion receipt

Oct. 4, 2011 - NOA 1 hard copy for I-485 & EAD (dated Sept. 30,2011)

October 11, 2011 - Biometrics Letter received (appointment date November 2, 2011)

October 24, 2011 - I-485 transferred to CSC

November 2, 2011 - Bioemtrics done

Dec. 1, 2011 - EAD card production

Dec. 9, 2011 - EAD card on hand

Feb. 10, 2012 - Green Card production

Feb. 16, 2012 - Green Card on hand

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

-Mother Teresa

My Page

Timeline

Well jeez,you look old enough to know better :rofl:

hey cheeky im not that old :P

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is a great way to look at it!

Ok, first let me get this out of the way:

YES!:

1. We are madly in love!

2. We talk incessantly each day!

3. We are two soul mates fortunate enough to meet each other in this world of 6 billion!

4. We are fully committed to each other and long for the day when we are together "till death do us part".

5. We do become impatient with the extended K-1 visa processing with some days our desire and longing becomes unbearable!

But practically speaking, the 7 to 9 months from NOA 1 to our interview and subsequent approved visa allows the both of us the time to get certain things in order (finances, pay off a few debts, a relocation, health insurance issues, rearrange affairs, etc.) so the start of our life together will be planned and enjoyable. Because we all know that there will be other issues and obstacles thrown into the mix that will need to be dealt with.

How about you, come on, maybe you can't openly say this out loud but is not the 7 to 9 month wait a blessing in disguise!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok, first let me get this out of the way:

YES!:

1. We are madly in love!

2. We talk incessantly each day!

3. We are two soul mates fortunate enough to meet each other in this world of 6 billion!

4. We are fully committed to each other and long for the day when we are together "till death do us part".

5. We do become impatient with the extended K-1 visa processing with some days our desire and longing becomes unbearable!

But practically speaking, the 7 to 9 months from NOA 1 to our interview and subsequent approved visa allows the both of us the time to get certain things in order (finances, pay off a few debts, a relocation, health insurance issues, rearrange affairs, etc.) so the start of our life together will be planned and enjoyable. Because we all know that there will be other issues and obstacles thrown into the mix that will need to be dealt with.

How about you, come on, maybe you can't openly say this out loud but is not the 7 to 9 month wait a blessing in disguise!

:thumbs:

:thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I must agree w/ this post. Me too have some business to take care of.. money to save up.. debt.. etc... Even though it's painful for us to be apart... but I'm sure he'll get here soon.. Next year maybe? haha

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am dealing with the wait but not sure about the paying off debt while you wait.

You make it sound like this is a path to financial freedom or something. If anything with the application fees, travel expenses and support for her if I can hold even I will be doing good.

I am dealing with the wait but not sure about the paying off debt while you wait.

You make it sound like this is a path to financial freedom or something. If anything with the application fees, travel expenses and support for her if I can hold even I will be doing good.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

OP you're a smart person.I agree with you.being in a long distance relationship,regardless of the visa status is a blessing as much as it is a curse. HOWEVER I think what pisses people off is being kept in the dark about things during the visa process, not the actual waiting time itself

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

You can't do anything about it anyway. It's the way the process works. So getting antsy, and whining about it only makes it worse. Mature people will understand this and as much as you want to be with the one you love, you will be, hopefully for a very long time. And for those of us that went through it all, trust us when we say that when she/he finally arrives, it will seem like only yesterday. What was that old expression? "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

No, No, No, No, No

A long wait of indefinate time is not a good thing.. If the process was shorter and you needed more time then you could just wait more time to file. For those that have no advantages to waiting - or are even losing money/time/etc. the wait is a terrible thing. A shorter wait time that is easier to predect would be good for almost everyone as they could at least have some control over thier timelines.

A forced longer period of waiting and added unpredictability should not be described as a blessing - its just a lack of options.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Mmm, definitely agree. It is also a good, real test of the strength of your relationship. The wait is worth it.

I used to think it was a test of our relationship also. And I do agree that the wait is worth it.

But after you are married and living together, you'll discover your life becomes really normal. And despite the long wait and separation, some unions don't survive. Just because of real life, I think.

OP you're a smart person.I agree with you.being in a long distance relationship,regardless of the visa status is a blessing as much as it is a curse. HOWEVER I think what pisses people off is being kept in the dark about things during the visa process, not the actual waiting time itself

I agree with this. The process is anything but transparent.

You can't do anything about it anyway. It's the way the process works. So getting antsy, and whining about it only makes it worse. Mature people will understand this and as much as you want to be with the one you love, you will be, hopefully for a very long time. And for those of us that went through it all, trust us when we say that when she/he finally arrives, it will seem like only yesterday. What was that old expression? "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" ?

Yep. It's just the way it is. It's not like buying shoes where you can just go to another store.

And yeah - it does just melt away after you are reunited.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

But after you are married and living together, you'll discover your life becomes really normal. And despite the long wait and separation, some unions don't survive. Just because of real life, I think.

what i wouldnt give for a feeling of normality right now lol :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.