D N Medellin COL

Do I dare say this - "But I am GLAD for the long application wait".

94 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It certainly does enable you to both have affairs in order. For one thing, somewhere to live, as my fiance resides alone in his ex marital home and his adult children were never thrilled about our moving in when they are attempting to sell it anyway. We now have managed to find a place of our own and have also had time to commit to the forms, vaccinations and so on. HOWEVER and I 'm not sure if other VJers with children would agree.....a transition like this is very difficult for children who effectvely feel their life is 'on hold'Mine have coped brilliantly and are so excited but at the sme time the uncertainty hangs over you right up until you get told 'your visa has been approved'. So in cases where children are involved I d have to say less time would be better. We now have our NOA2 so fingers crossed the interview in London should be a formality, as should be the medicals, but its very destabilising for children waiting to make this huge shift, having no idea how thats going to feel and no idea when it'll or if it'll even happen. Its a lot to aks, mine are twelve and fifteen and they both say they've have enough of the waiting ansd wish term times etc could be worked in, but of course they can't. Naturally there is the whole 'test of time' thing for the relationship but I think to go to all of this effort and expense and form filling and waiting is intself enough without it being a nine month slog!! lol

Its all working out fine for us, but as a mother I have occasionally though perhaps they should prioritise cases with children of school ages involved as its hugely emotional or them, and can at times be difficult. But you know, once you start making one thing a priority then a whole load of other valid priorities can get raised. It's a difficult question- yes, it si good for the couple to have that time, but where children are concerned- no, its too much time, not just the time but the uncertainty. But when you see your path and you know it and weare all happy to follow it, then we just have to play this waiting game and hope for the best. I dread to think of the emotional effect it might have if we get refused.....sort of assuming that ISN'T going to happen though. Have any other VJers with children found similar to be true?

Ok, first let me get this out of the way:

YES!:

1. We are madly in love!

2. We talk incessantly each day!

3. We are two soul mates fortunate enough to meet each other in this world of 6 billion!

4. We are fully committed to each other and long for the day when we are together "till death do us part".

5. We do become impatient with the extended K-1 visa processing with some days our desire and longing becomes unbearable!

But practically speaking, the 7 to 9 months from NOA 1 to our interview and subsequent approved visa allows the both of us the time to get certain things in order (finances, pay off a few debts, a relocation, health insurance issues, rearrange affairs, etc.) so the start of our life together will be planned and enjoyable. Because we all know that there will be other issues and obstacles thrown into the mix that will need to be dealt with.

How about you, come on, maybe you can't openly say this out loud but is not the 7 to 9 month wait a blessing in disguise!

I am absolutely agree with you. I'm joined this forum to prepare everything and steps a head before file the I-129F. I spent many hours to read comments, advised, and I even subscribe K-1 visa sub forum to get latest news.

My fiance and I are not file yet. He, to be honest, does not put much trust for any other websites but only the official ones. And I'm here to make sure that we would be a great team to challenge many things to come. So here I am..star_smile.gif

Knowing your enemy - That's Sun Tzu philosophy. Knowing enemy means you need to know everything before start.This is would give me big picture about what I would do in the future. No in hurry because true love is worth for waiting.luv.gif

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

YES!:

1. We are madly in love!

3. We are two soul mates fortunate enough to meet each other in this world of 6 billion!

4. We are fully committed to each other and long for the day when we are together "till death do us part".

5. We do become impatient with the extended K-1 visa processing with some days our desire and longing becomes unbearable!

But practically speaking, the 7 to 9 months from NOA 1 to our interview and subsequent approved visa allows the both of us the time to get certain things in order (finances, pay off a few debts, a relocation, health insurance issues, rearrange affairs, etc.) so the start of our life together will be planned and enjoyable. Because we all know that there will be other issues and obstacles thrown into the mix that will need to be dealt with.

How about you, come on, maybe you can't openly say this out loud but is not the 7 to 9 month wait a blessing in disguise!

Edited by tazzie

I so agree with that, its only been 3 months for us so far since receiving our NOA1. My fiancee is so worth the wait!

:thumbs:

What is greater than good? You'll find the answer on the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JBQPCHHK0Q

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

if it takes forever to wait, well i'll definitely hold on to that FOREVER! :) and yours, is definitely worth the wait. :thumbs:

Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you..

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

04/18/2012 - NOA2 :)

05/16/2012 - Medical Done

05/30/2012 - Interview - Visa Approved!

06/09/2012 - Visa on Hand

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

08/17/2012 - I-485 and I-765 Sent

08/23/2012 - NOA1 (I485 and I-765)

08/24/2012 - Cash Checked

09/10/2012 - Biometrics Done

10/22/2012 - EAD Approved

10/29/2012 - EAD Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

TRUE. but I wished the wait wasn't that long!!!!! We've only been into the process for 2 months and 6 days to date, and it is awful. Being away from my love is painful and is slowly becoming unbearable but the internet has made it possible to wane off some of that sadness...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

YES!:

1. We are madly in love!

Our wait wasn't awful...we made the best of it.

But we did all our organizing before we filed. The waiting period meant that we moved out of our house here and he had to move back to the US before I could join him. That was a pain...you can make the best of it...but I don't think it's necessary.

The only good thing was that he got to start his new job which made the I-134 easier as he hadn't worked in the US in 3 years prior to that and I had some time to spend with my family because I moved back home while we waited.

Helen :)

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

While I personally hate this long waiting time as it keeping me away from my fiancee!!!

I do agree with OP, that so many things needs to be done to prepare the place for the love one, it's all worth the wait.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I agree with many of the views on this subject. I don't think the time waiting is necessary, but I do think that you can use it in positive ways - like being prepared etc. At the end of the day we are only waiting for a fraction of the time that we will eventually spend with our partner's in forever.

Edited by Vicky and Larry

event.png

event.png

Watied 129days from NOA1 for NOA2

event.png

Medical January 9th 2012.

Interview date received January 25th

Interview February 15th 2012 - APPROVED.

Received Visa's (K1 and K2) February 23rd 2012.

POE February 24th 2012.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think being married is going to be more difficult than the K1 journey.... :whistle::help:

Your right on this one,the K-1 is a piece of cake compared to being married,for the people that are getting married for the first time and think It's all going to be warm fuzzy hugs and roses,boy are you in for a rude awakening :help: ...It's a lot of work and compromise.But If you have the love between each other it's all worth it it at the end of the day..good luck :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

YES!:

1. We are madly in love!

same here... we're using this time apart to get our finances in order to start our life together =)

just hope it doesnt take more than 6-8 months for the interview!!!

good luck =)

K1
10/04/2011 - I-129F sent [/font]
10/06/2011 - I-129F received at USCIS/Dallas and routed to Vermont
10/12/2011 - NOA1 email and text message + check cashed. (NOA1 hardcopy date is Oct 11)
12/20/2011 - She went to the US with a tourist visa to spend 2 weeks with him
01/27/2012 - NOA2 (hard copy came in the mail on Feb 1 + text message, email and website update)
02/13/2012 - SENT EMAIL TO RIO DE JANEIRO CONSULATE TO GET INTERVIEW DATE
04/03/2012 - INTERVIEW IN RIO DE JANEIRO - APPROVED
04/10/2012 - Passport with visa + sealed envelope received [/color]
08/27/2012 - POE Atlanta
09/01/2012 - Married!

AOS
09/25/2012 - AOS + EAD + AP sent
09/27/2012 - AOS package received in Chicago
10/02/2012 - Text messages + email received with 3 case numbers showing NOA for EAD + AP Sep 28/ NOA I-485 Oct 1
10/03/2012 - Check cashed $1,070.00
12/07/2012 - EAD + Travel Permit combo card

07/22/2013 - GC approved

07/25/2013 - GC in production

07/29/2013 - GC received

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

05/14/2015 - Package sent

05/18/2015 - Package received in Vermont

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.