D N Medellin COL

Do I dare say this - "But I am GLAD for the long application wait".

94 posts in this topic

what i wouldnt give for a feeling of normality right now lol :)

I understand. :)

Trust me, it will be there soon.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes I agree this was a good thing all around for us we really got to know one another well along with two trips there to see her when she arrived it was a almost seamless transition minus the culture shock:(

Bob

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OP you're a smart person.I agree with you.being in a long distance relationship,regardless of the visa status is a blessing as much as it is a curse. HOWEVER I think what pisses people off is being kept in the dark about things during the visa process, not the actual waiting time itself

I agree. I mean, waiting is hard enough. At least give us updates on what's happening! Or post some news... just ANYTHING to ease our burden!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I wouldn't dare say it either (to the OP), because most of us are thinking you should have figured most things out BEFORE APPLYING FOR A VISA..............

.......................no???

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I agree with the OP even if you have everything planned or you thought ahead things to happen like unforseenable things that usual happen when one is trying to do something important such as this. I can speak personally for me even though I miss my fiance like freaking crazy I'm not complaining about the wait just yet because it gives me more time to save more money especially placing money back that was used because emgergencies have occurred. So don't get made at the OP for having the guts to say what many have thought and didn't have the balls to say it. I had a friend who just went through this process not too long ago and boy she thought she was prepared too had over 7000 saved up and than life unexpectedly starting go downhill which left her unprepared for her fiance arrival. Bottomline you can never be "prepared" for this journey in my opinion. Like me I put in my mind it could be 6 months before I get my NOA2 although I got a feeling the opposite will happen but either way I'm not complaining. Because this journey doesn't end at the K1 after that you got life as a married couple and etc. Anyways thanks to the OP for expressing what many of has thought and I agree

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I agree with the OP even if you have everything planned or you thought ahead things to happen like unforseenable things that usual happen when one is trying to do something important such as this. I can speak personally for me even though I miss my fiance like freaking crazy I'm not complaining about the wait just yet because it gives me more time to save more money especially placing money back that was used because emgergencies have occurred. So don't get made at the OP for having the guts to say what many have thought and didn't have the balls to say it. I had a friend who just went through this process not too long ago and boy she thought she was prepared too had over 7000 saved up and than life unexpectedly starting go downhill which left her unprepared for her fiance arrival. Bottomline you can never be "prepared" for this journey in my opinion. Like me I put in my mind it could be 6 months before I get my NOA2 although I got a feeling the opposite will happen but either way I'm not complaining. Because this journey doesn't end at the K1 after that you got life as a married couple and etc. Anyways thanks to the OP for expressing what many of has thought and I agree

That is an awful lot of hindsight for someone who received their NOA1 six weeks ago..

As far as unforeseeable things.. How about getting laid off and no longer being able to sponsor someone six months into the process? How about a loved one getting cancer and possibly never meeting the sons spouse from overseas? How about kids separated from one of their parents? How about the immigrant that has their life on hold - can't plan more school, can't advance in their career.. How many people do you think are working on that side of the time constraint?

There is nothing that requires 'balls' to say "Good thing the wait is so long, I needed it!" and to then extrapolate that everyone is in the same situation or is as bad of planner as you.. If the process took two months and I needed six months I think I would have had the mental where-withal to wait four months before I filed. I don't need the government to add artificial time because they assume I am unable to make and follow a plan.

I am eight months into this.. people say that is a short time considering a lifetime together... Bull.. Life is not long, life is short.

...of course I won't care about any of that three weeks from now :blush:

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@DAN AND JENNI

Couldn't agree more! Just can't wait to get stuck into actual day to day living and beginning married life with my D. All this form filling and waiting is quite disheartening at times when all you want to do is be with the one you love. On the bright side though, at least after all of this we will be in the supreme position of being able to find the most banal of lifes events and chores absolutely delightful because we'll never lose sight of how amazing it is just to be with them. I never envisaged before actually looking forward to running out of bread, having to clean out a fireplace, wondering who'll gain control of the remote or possibly even picking up towels from the bathroom floor, but right now I'd give just about anything to do just those things!!! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

@DAN AND JENNI

Couldn't agree more! Just can't wait to get stuck into actual day to day living and beginning married life with my D. All this form filling and waiting is quite disheartening at times when all you want to do is be with the one you love. On the bright side though, at least after all of this we will be in the supreme position of being able to find the most banal of lifes events and chores absolutely delightful because we'll never lose sight of how amazing it is just to be with them. I never envisaged before actually looking forward to running out of bread, having to clean out a fireplace, wondering who'll gain control of the remote or possibly even picking up towels from the bathroom floor, but right now I'd give just about anything to do just those things!!! :thumbs:

i definitely agree with you there... and how i long to be told off for leaving the toilet seat up or not putting the cap back on the toothpaste haha

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

What about the ones who have there life already set and planned accordingly before applying??? WE WANT OUR LOVED ONES NOW!!!! :(

I see alot of excuses here that they need to pay off bills, get out of debt, finish up thing, straighten out stuff, etc, but why cant you do that with your fiancee here already?? are they really goign to be that much of a burden that you wouldnt be able to do that stuff and support you fiancee??? kinda last minute planning don't you think??? I'm just saying, there are some of us who don't agree, thats all...

bryan

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

What about the ones who have there life already set and planned accordingly before applying??? WE WANT OUR LOVED ONES NOW!!!! :(

I see alot of excuses here that they need to pay off bills, get out of debt, finish up thing, straighten out stuff, etc, but why cant you do that with your fiancee here already?? are they really goign to be that much of a burden that you wouldnt be able to do that stuff and support you fiancee??? kinda last minute planning don't you think??? I'm just saying, there are some of us who don't agree, thats all...

bryan

Not all of us are the US citizens.

As the beneficiary, I was happy to have the time in Canada to get a lot of things sorted out.

Everyone feels differently about this process. Some were happy to have the time, some didn't NEED the time so it went by slower ... there is no wrong way to react to this. We all deal with situations differently.

I don't think it's fair to say that the people who didn't mind the wait somehow think less of their significant others or that they would be a burden of some kind.

Edited by Coconuts

Timeline

i know, just wanted to express my opinion.

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

NVC

FkP5m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

As the beneficiary, I was happy to have the time in Canada to get a lot of things sorted out.

Everyone feels differently about this process. Some were happy to have the time, some didn't NEED the time so it went by slower ... there is no wrong way to react to this. We all deal with situations differently.

I don't think it's fair to say that the people who didn't mind the wait somehow think less of their significant others or that they would be a burden of some kind.

:thumbs:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

i know, just wanted to express my opinion.

Right, but your opinion is that the people who don't agree with you are just making "excuses" and acting as if the foreign fiance is a burden, which isn't true.

Timeline

Right, but your opinion is that the people who don't agree with you are just making "excuses" and acting as if the foreign fiance is a burden, which isn't true.

Whether it is true or not, its a opinion, and must be respected like all others.

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

NVC

FkP5m4.png

Whether it is true or not, its a opinion, and must be respected like all others.

You have the right to your opinion, and nobody is disrespecting you. In fact, you've disrespected the people who disagree with you by judging them negatively on how they deal with this process because it's different than how YOU deal with it.

You've shown no respect for the people who did not have a hard time waiting or the people who stated they had things to tie up before making the move to the United States.

Anyway, to each their own.

Nobody deals with this the WRONG way, and it's wrong to make them feel like they're dealing with things improperly.

You have yet to start your journey. Who knows how you may feel when you're the one waiting. Good luck with your journey.

Edited by Coconuts

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.