ScramJet

This (illegal) American life

149 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

several posts removed concerning violence/threats of.

don't do it again. no more warnings on this type of behavior. time outs will occur if not heeded.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

First, sorry, I accidentally +1'd this post. :P

Secondly... :wacko: A lot of people are earning minimum wage while they are at college. It's hard to find a job with flexible hours, part-time/weekend, when you don't have a degree yet, that isn't minimum wage. Third... who knows what someone's circumstances are? When I worked retail I worked alongside a lady who had been out of the workforce for fifteen years (raising children). Although she'd had a high-paying position in an office previously, she'd been out of the workforce for so long that retail jobs were about all she could get. And who cares? She worked really hard at her job and it was her own money she was earning.

I have to agree. What is wrong with working and earning money? Saying that white people are wrong to be working menial jobs and that Hispanics are just good at it so they should be doing the menial jobs is very racist. May be among the most racist statement made here ever. At the least this person plans on leaving the U.S. eventually because we are so miserable here so maybe as a white man he can find a people deserving of his Lordship.blink.gif

Filed: Country:
Timeline
You don't have to buy anything, because I am not selling anything. Just simply posting facts. If you don't believe me why not call a few banks, Equifax, Experian, or TransUnion. Heck, don't believe me... do your own research. Yes, there are millions of illegals with mortgages and loans.

I work with Credit Reports and the 3 Agencies every day. ITINs are flagged as such and display warnings on the print images.

You can open Bank accounts with an ITIN but getting a loan with one is near impossible without someone somewhere committing fraud and looking the other way.

I work with Credit Reports and the 3 Agencies every day. ITINs are flagged as such and display warnings on the print images.

You can open Bank accounts with an ITIN but getting a loan with one is near impossible without someone somewhere committing fraud and looking the other way.

Obviously he is just talking out his a$$ and trolling by stating that 5 million illegals have mortgages. He also posted that he sees hundreds of credit reports per week then edited his post. No doubt there are cases of fraud, but the number he alludes to is ridiculous.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Obviously he is just talking out his a$ and trolling by stating that 5 million illegals have mortgages. He also posted that he sees hundreds of credit reports per week then edited his post. No doubt there are cases of fraud, but the number he alludes to is ridiculous.

Google "Illegals with mortgages"

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Google "Illegals with mortgages"

Sorry, I still don't buy it. There are 10 million illegals in the US and half of them own their own homes? That's a comparable percentage to citizens. And the banks are lending money to people picking lettuce, washing dishes, mowing lawns, etc with no credit history?

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/hotproperty/archives/2007/07/mortgages_for_i.html

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are telling me there is a long list of folks waiting to be admitted to pick strawberries? And there is a long list of folks that want to work for a roofer, carpenter, etc? What you fail to recognize is why would the owner of a construction company want to hire some foreigner who has been waiting for years to come to the US to do manual labor for a roofer? Why would the owner want him? He wants Pablo, the guy who has loyal and worked hard for him for the last 15 years... his right hand man. Do you really think this roofer is going to say, "Well heck, they deported Pablo my best guy... My guy that gets more accomplished in 10 hours than many guys accomplish in days. So I guess now I am forced to hire Sebastian who won't last 2 hours in the 110 degree heat... and I probably get to pay Sebastian 150% the hourly wage I was paying Pablo." It's delusional to beleive this will occur. It's Pablo or he's going out of business.

You keep talking about laws. I am talking about what is best for America's future, what is morally correct to keep families together, and what economically makes sense. If people have a problem with understanding that then change the laws. Just maybe, it's the laws that are flawed. Bingo!

He hates governmental rules and regulations accept when they suit his narrow view of things.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The American Dream you have to love it....regardless of who is in charge in government everyone wants a peice of it. I am just grateful I was born an American, worked for all I have and can afford the home I live in and my huband's visa processing. I am so blessed that I have a soft heart and I help others in need regardless of a person's legal status or the position they find themselves in life. Great points on both sides it made me laugh a bit but more power to you all keep talking.

God Bless,

Retired Army Veteran

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm a realtor and I've sold a lot of houses to a lot of people that have legally immigrated here and have the proper documentation and it's not easy. If you don't have the proper paperwork...it's impossible. Lars and I tried to buy a house together before his visa was processed...we couldn't do it.

There is a local contractor who had an entire crew of illegal immigrants from Mexico here, working. They were not here trying to buy houses. They were living in the cheapest places they could find and they worked all of the time. When they aren't working for the builder during the week, they were out working for other people all weekend, painting, yard work...you name it, they were doing it. They spent a lot of money at our local Walmart on food and clothes but mainly they hung out together and worked, worked, worked.

Eventually, they got caught and were sent home. Are illegal immigrants here to buy houses? I doubt it. Most illegals here are living on cash. That's a whole new industry here - check cashing kiosks and phone card kiosks. Finally, lest anyone think we don't have an illegal immigrant problem here in central Mississippi....click here

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Illegals make $20 an hour, aren't exploited, yet their employers couldn't afford to hire a legal worker...how's that work Ready?

It's just as accurate a statement as "the only reason they are hired is because they are being exploited, slave labor, making pennies on the dollar" as you and Gary seem to think. rofl.gif

True in the berry picking industry. Not so much in housekeeping/landscaping (where they tend to run their own business). Not so true in the restaurant industry either.

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Your first statement about ITINs being flagged is correct

Your second statement about folks not being able to get loans with ITINs is false. No fraud is committed. Banks such as Banco Popular have programs specifically set up for this scenario.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Finally, lest anyone think we don't have an illegal immigrant problem here in central Mississippi....click here

Mississippi is chock-a-block full of chicken houses and chicken processing plants. Of course it is also chock-a-block full of illegal aliens from Mexico and Latin America. Who wouldn't think illegal aliens aren't everywhere in the USA after decades of non-enforcement of immigration and work authorization laws. It's like a cancer rotting the country.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995