ScramJet

This (illegal) American life

149 posts in this topic

Screw the illegals and the DREAM ACT.

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I personally am not in favor of the Dream Act either. They need to find a solution to allow ALL illegal immigrants LPR. And obviously I say so with the assumption that any sort of social benefit should be taken away. It truly would cause many to return on their own (those that are lazy), and it would stop the wrong kind of illegals that we don't want in this country from coming in.

Screw the illegals and the DREAM ACT.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: Timeline

I personally am not in favor of the Dream Act either. They need to find a solution to allow ALL illegal immigrants LPR. And obviously I say so with the assumption that any sort of social benefit should be taken away. It truly would cause many to return on their own (those that are lazy), and it would stop the wrong kind of illegals that we don't want in this country from coming in.

CA Dream act is a nightmare alone. With all the budget cuts, they come up with financial aid with them.

Dang. FINE them! That's what most countries do anyway.

12 million illegals = fine = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. That does not include the taxes they have to pay when they get legal status.

Now, we can increase our education budget.

Don't believe all illegals are poor, or even majority of them. A good chunk of them come from far countries where air fare is EXPENSIVE and they just overstayed their visas. Jose Vargas, the illegal who came out isn't "poor".

:devil:

Edited by Kang

Timeline

But that is where the problem lies. We don't want them to go home. We need them as consumers and can you imagine what 5 million more foreclosures will do, not to mention all the car loans etc. Hispanics are far and away the BEST financial investment from a lender's standpoint when comparing consumers in the bottom 80%. The majority of illegals are hispanics. Can banks afford for millions of their best paying clients (outside the top 20%) to default on all their loans? Have you thought about the consequences that will put on you and I. Yep, the burden will always fall on the tax-payer, one way or another. We don't want them going home, trust me.

Make e-Verify mandatory and fine all US business that don't follow the rules. End of problem. No work, everyone goes home.

I say, fine the illegals and give them legal status. After then, make e-verify mandatory to keep out sneaky illegals and sneaky businesses hiring illegals.

We will need the money that we will fine them. And their taxes that they are going to pay. And they might as well limit birthright citizenship to LPRs. Illegals, tourists and people on visitor visas should be excluded. Reinterpret the 14th amendment (which was for the former slaves, not "illegals")

Edited by Kang

But that is where the problem lies. We don't want them to go home. We need them as consumers and can you imagine what 5 million more foreclosures will do, not to mention all the car loans etc. Hispanics are far and away the BEST financial investment from a lender's standpoint when comparing consumers in the bottom 80%. The majority of illegals are hispanics. Can banks afford for millions of their best paying clients (outside the top 20%) to default on all their loans? Have you thought about the consequences that will put on you and I. Yep, the burden will always fall on the tax-payer, one way or another. We don't want them going home, trust me.

How do the illegals have car loans and mortgages? The ones in my area pay cash for everything and when they open a business they get someone legal to use for the paperwork. How does an illegal pass a credit check for a mortgage when they have no valid ss#? Ditto for a car loan.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Make e-Verify mandatory and fine all US business that don't follow the rules. End of problem. No work, everyone goes home.

BINGO! Take away any and all incentives for them...ALL INCENTIVES.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

I agree with the majority of this, other than limiting birthright to LPR.

I say, fine the illegals and give them legal status. After then, make e-verify mandatory to keep out sneaky illegals and sneaky businesses hiring illegals.

We will need the money that we will fine them. And their taxes that they are going to pay. And they might as well limit birthright citizenship to LPRs. Illegals, tourists and people on visitor visas should be excluded. Reinterpret the 14th amendment (which was for the former slaves, not "illegals")

Timeline

I personally think that if the criminal kids want citizenship then to go back to their former country and do it the legal way. Since they were here illegal before and it is a permanent ban usually maybe we can compromise and be lenient and if the parents agree to a permanent ban then the kids can not be fined but be allowed to petition for legal entry like we all have to do. Of course they need to get in line like every other person trying to do it the legal way.

Also every school and college should check for legal residence and if no real papers then no entry to any school. If any try to get a job then they have to show they are legal like I have to do. No license to drive. No services. Personally I think landlords should also be charged with condoning an illegal enterprise if they rent to criminals. (Illegals are criminals) No anchor babies ever again. If any business hires an illegal and gets caught they should have their illegal incomes seized like we do for drug dealers. Any and all management from bottom to top and including shareholders should be charged with conspiracy. And to be sure lets start hitting every business from small to large and shut them down. Other businesses will get the idea and get rid of their illegals pronto. With no prospect for work or even housing then they will leave on their own.

To even think to give in to the illegals is stupidity. They came here expecting to become legal one day and are crying crocodile tears now to try to get us to do what they want us to do. Last time Reagan gave clemency and told us we would fix the problem and we went along with it. All it did is make the problem worse by opening the flood gates to even more to take advantage of any future clemency. Well too bad.

The last I read was that the last wave of illegals that got clemency under Reagan started sponsoring others to immigrate here. This is called chain migration and the last wave was sponsoring 4-5 each on average more to come. If we legalize this many then within 10 years the chain migration would be 50-60 million more. And the problem would still be there as we have the laws on the books to stop this invasion now but don't enforce them.

Timeline

Hello... 2 ways... ITIN and false social security numbers. Sure, there are some that steal other's identity, which I am firmly against, but the majority of illegals aren't using someone elses SS#. That's a myth you guys like to bring up to further bash illegals. Most of them have a number that does not belong to anyone else.

There are plenty of lenders that do loans for illegals all day long. ITIN's can be used as well to qualify for mortgages. The credit bureaus even score folks using ITIN's as opposed to SS#'s. It becomes tricky when someone is using both an ITIN and a SS#. But ultimately it's a simple phone call or letter to the credit bureaus to combine the file.

How do the illegals have car loans and mortgages? The ones in my area pay cash for everything and when they open a business they get someone legal to use for the paperwork. How does an illegal pass a credit check for a mortgage when they have no valid ss#? Ditto for a car loan.

Edited by Ready to do it

I personally think that if the criminal kids want citizenship then to go back to their former country and do it the legal way. Since they were here illegal before and it is a permanent ban usually maybe we can compromise and be lenient and if the parents agree to a permanent ban then the kids can not be fined but be allowed to petition for legal entry like we all have to do. Of course they need to get in line like every other person trying to do it the legal way.

Also every school and college should check for legal residence and if no real papers then no entry to any school. If any try to get a job then they have to show they are legal like I have to do. No license to drive. No services. Personally I think landlords should also be charged with condoning an illegal enterprise if they rent to criminals. (Illegals are criminals) No anchor babies ever again. If any business hires an illegal and gets caught they should have their illegal incomes seized like we do for drug dealers. Any and all management from bottom to top and including shareholders should be charged with conspiracy. And to be sure lets start hitting every business from small to large and shut them down. Other businesses will get the idea and get rid of their illegals pronto. With no prospect for work or even housing then they will leave on their own.

To even think to give in to the illegals is stupidity. They came here expecting to become legal one day and are crying crocodile tears now to try to get us to do what they want us to do. Last time Reagan gave clemency and told us we would fix the problem and we went along with it. All it did is make the problem worse by opening the flood gates to even more to take advantage of any future clemency. Well too bad.

The last I read was that the last wave of illegals that got clemency under Reagan started sponsoring others to immigrate here. This is called chain migration and the last wave was sponsoring 4-5 each on average more to come. If we legalize this many then within 10 years the chain migration would be 50-60 million more. And the problem would still be there as we have the laws on the books to stop this invasion now but don't enforce them.

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

jpeg or not, it's still despicable. I have not said anything against the TOS. Pardon my ignorance, but WTH is a sock puppet. You continuously use that phrase and for the life of me I have no idea what it means.

You'll find many despicable people on the Internet. Somehow hiding behind a computer screen brings out the worst in people. My approach is to simply ignore those who act so horribly that you'd never consider spending time with them in real life. If I wouldn't waste my time with them in my living room, why should I do it here?

A sock puppet is a term people use online to refer to someone who is intentionally taking on a persona meant to be provocative and to goad others into an argument.

I think your views on illegal immigration make a lot of sense, thanks for sharing them. I too agree that their is a large amount of beneficial economic activity that comes from a hard-working segment of the population, regardless of how they came to be here. I am in favor of reforming the immigration laws to make it easier for guest workers to come legally, and to encourage more legal immigration in general. We are a nation of immigrants and we've always grown that way, each new wave of immigrants adding to the overall prosperity of the country.

What bothers me about the current illegal immigration situation is the disrespect it causes for the law. Our society only works when everyone believes that it's basically just and equal and we're all the same before the law and no one is above it. When you have millions of people openly flaunting the law, it's very upsetting to those of us trying to live by the rules. I DO blame people who entered this country illegally or who overstayed for their actions, and I DO think their should be some consequence to that lawbreaking. I DON'T blame the government for "letting them in". The law is the law, regardless of whether it's technically possible to enforce it in every case, or not. "I can get away with it" is not an excuse for stealing your neighbor's TV, or for crossing the Arizona border without a visa.

I agree with the majority of this, other than limiting birthright to LPR.

The problem with giving citizenship at birth to illegals, tourists, and visitor visas (special emphasis on the last two) is that these are the root of the difficult in transmitting citizenship to a child born abroad.

A tourist comes to the US to give birth. Leaves the US with US citizen child. Child is clueless about the US, its history, it's culture. If the gov't is more lax, then it will create a chain of "US citizens" who don't have ties to the US. If the government will not recognize children of tourists and people on visitor visas, then US citizens will not bear the burden.

The thing is, US citizenship is abused by rich people from other countries so that they can "brag" they have a US citizen child.

It pains me to see that a child born to a US parent abroad can be denied citizenship yet some rich tourist's child get it instantly. :bonk:

Edited by Kang