ScramJet

This (illegal) American life

149 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just saw 'This (illegal) American life' on Vanguard. For those who haven't see it this episode was dedicated to estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the USA. Although entire episode was centered around illegal Mexican immigrants with heavy emphasis on California and Arizona.

I was very disappointed after watching this biased abomination of a show. They were portraying those illegal immigrants like saints, most notably students at UCLA who -God only knows how- pay their tuition. Those students were brought here when they were very little kids and speak and behave like regular American kids, but without any documents. They are expecting from the government to enact a law that will provide them with US citizenship, because it's 'not their fault' and US is 'only country they know'.

So what, I should cry know?

Especially after one illegal Mexican father of an illegal UCLA student claims that he crossed the border illegally because he was acting in his kids best interest.

I wanted to cry because of ineptitude of US border patrol agents to stop every single one of illegal immigrants and ship them back to wherever they came from(if possible, not on US expense).

Ha, nobody thinks about financial burden illegals are exerting on this country. Cost of educating all those millions in public schools, illegals giving birth in US hospitals and thus their kids effectively becoming Medicaid and a welfare burden. Not to mention myriads of criminals who enter without proper background check and what not.

I am all for legal immigration but helping illegals legalize themselves is opening a can of worms.

'Press one for spanish', I'd rather press one for a nation wide swoop to clear this country from illegals.

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

caseythelegend_-_TROLL_HARDER.jpg

On a do it yourself immigration website, I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone who supports illegal immigration. Come to think of it, I think that might be the only thing that we can agree on here in P&R. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Wouldn't it violate the ToS to support illegal immigration here?

1013201151050pm.jpg

event.png

July 5, 2011 - Mailed 129f

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

October 18, 2011 - NVC Receive

October 20, 2011 - NVC Depart

October 24, 2011 - Consulate Receive

November 28, 2011 - Appointment scheduled.

November 28, 2011 - Visa Approved!

December 2, 2011 - Visa in hand,

December 22, 2011 - Fly to Russia.

January 5, 2012 - Return together - POE - IAD (Dulles)

February 25. 2012 - Marriage

Timeline

Have you READ any of the countless illegal threads here? They may not come out and say 'support' but there are def sympathizers and excuse makers here, too.

OP, +1

I have seen ones that are sympathetic to the children of illegal immigrants, and the ones who were brought here as small children, but no outright support of it. Even steven doesn't support illegal immigration, just doesn't support massive breakups of families to satisfy some bloodlust to deport every illegal.

I find it hard to take illegal immigration discussions seriously. Nobody is willing to do what is needed to stop it. You can deport people all you want, but if you don't address the demand, they will keep coming back. This is something I agree with Gary on, mandate e-verify. I think they should also institute prohibitive fines for people who hire them. But if any politician tried to submit legislation like that, they would be branded as anti-business and the trade and lobby groups would spend billions fighting it.

Wouldn't it violate the ToS to support illegal immigration here?

1013201151050pm.jpg

Immigration fraud and illegal immigration are actually different.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Immigration fraud and illegal immigration are actually different.

Yes, they are different but doesn't the TOS also cover "Illegal Immigration Activities"

Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

I would say Illegal Immigration is by definition an "Illegal Immigration Activity"...

Filed: Timeline

I don't know how this problem of illegals is suppose to be addressed but it's too lenient as it is now. That's one of the reasons illegal immigration is so persistent. They know if they get caught nothing specials happens, they get free food and boarding, most of them see insides of a plane for the first time if they get lucky and are being flown out of the US...

as poster above has said, there has been a big number of posters being for all-out legalization(most of them probably had some interest in it), but what is really mind boggling is that a big number of american citizens openly rallies for giving those illegal people their citizenship or green card.

Seems to me general public is not really educated about negative impact of illegal immigrants on this society, that's why I see half-educated all hippster comments sprouting like mushrooms who dare to insult police officers when an immigration raid is happening or who call this magnificent country(but magnificent with a limit) a nazi country?!

Would you happily moved aside if homeless man barges in your house and demands to sleep on your couch? I would teach him principles of flight with my foot up his a**

Timeline

Yes, they are different but doesn't the TOS also cover "Illegal Immigration Activities"

I would say Illegal Immigration is by definition an "Illegal Immigration Activity"...

Good point, you're right.

I don't know how this problem of illegals is suppose to be addressed but it's too lenient as it is now. That's one of the reasons illegal immigration is so persistent. They know if they get caught nothing specials happens, they get free food and boarding, most of them see insides of a plane for the first time if they get lucky and are being flown out of the US...

as poster above has said, there has been a big number of posters being for all-out legalization(most of them probably had some interest in it), but what is really mind boggling is that a big number of american citizens openly rallies for giving those illegal people their citizenship or green card.

Seems to me general public is not really educated about negative impact of illegal immigrants on this society, that's why I see half-educated all hippster comments sprouting like mushrooms who dare to insult police officers when an immigration raid is happening or who call this magnificent country(but magnificent with a limit) a nazi country?!

Would you happily moved aside if homeless man barges in your house and demands to sleep on your couch? I would teach him principles of flight with my foot up his a**

A large number of people supporting all out legalization on this board? I call BS.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Here's a compromise I could live with:

If the kids want legal status, LPR with a path to citizenship only, with the following conditions:

1. The parents must voluntarily depart the US prior to the child's USCIS application.
  2. Proof of the parent's departure must be included with the application. This proof would be documented departure by CBP at their point of exit.
  3. If the parents are ever caught in the US Illegally then the children's status would immediately be revoked.
  4. The parents receive a lifetime entry ban.
  5. The Application Fee should include a fine on top of all of the normal fees those of us working the system legally have to pay.

This would allow the innocent children at path to LPR/Citizenship but also punish the parents for their illegal activities.

If the parents really are concerned only for the betterment of their kids then this shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Filed: Timeline

Good point, you're right.

A large number of people supporting all out legalization on this board? I call BS.

yes I was wrong in that one, I am writing too fast without thinking sometimes. This site is a tiny fraction of immigrant population and their american counterparts, I am thinking and writing about general american population.

Take every illegal and illegal sympathizer including governors Brown and Perry and drop them in the middle of the Bering Sea from 2000ft out the back of C-130's.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I support the Dream Act and easier avenues for our neighbors to the south to work here legally. I don't demonize those who are here without legal documentation, nor do I think (and I have substantive facts to back it up) they are hurting our economy. They help more than harm our economy. So if you have a big stink about them being here without documentation then support avenues to allow them to work and live here legally.