duriantaste

Form 485 not filed yet

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

let's focus on answering the op's questions rather than digging around for something to throw at the op.

charles

vj moderation

Sorry, just is soo sad to see this kind of loss...

Kenny

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for being irrelevant to the topic and for giving the op grief, thread access removed.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I am the immigrant, if it didn't work it DIDN'T WORK!! OMG seriously?

OMG!!! YESS!!!

It's called marriage, which comes with a commitment and resposibity..

There was no Assumption.. the OP Clearly stated "small cultural diference",,,

Those are concepts many immature people dont get but never the less part of the marriage vows..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I apologize greatly for posting my current situation. I came to this forum because some one @ http://www.***removed***/ recommended me this link. She stated people here are very helpful and stick with the question asked. Either she is wrong or my question was not asked properly.

Everyone is making their own assumption without knowing "the thing that" made me feel uncomfortable. My first post here tells me that I need to be very careful what to post and not post.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG!!! YESS!!!

It's called marriage, which comes with a commitment and resposibity..

There was no Assumption.. the OP Clearly stated "small cultural diference",,,

Those are concepts many immature people dont get but never the less part of the marriage vows..

I forgot to add:

We are back together.

We get alone very well. We are a very healthy couple. We eat well. Exercise together. We are not overweight or anything like that. Our decision not to get divorced involved many factors; 1) our love is very strong 2) We don't want to be include in those who are damaging the society by getting married multiple of times 3) we like to follow the steps of our parents. Never divorced

Thanks for the advice.

Timeline

I forgot to add:

We are back together.

We get alone very well. We are a very healthy couple. We eat well. Exercise together. We are not overweight or anything like that. Our decision not to get divorced involved many factors; 1) our love is very strong 2) We don't want to be include in those who are damaging the society by getting married multiple of times 3) we like to follow the steps of our parents. Never divorced

Thanks for the advice.

Man, that is awesome to hear.. cherish the love you have.. those are great things to build a wonderful relationship on..

Timeline

Hello,

I just read the entire post.

Yeeeeh, you did the right thing.

Love before aaaallllll

Happy for you. I love to hear that :dance:

Amen...

There are too many saying "stick a label on e'r, and ship'r back", simply makes me wonder what values and ideals that we have amongst others that are going through this process.. No one should ever encourage anybody to end a relationship unless they know the facts... otherwise, the advise should always be to; work things out..

Kenny

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I apologize greatly for posting my current situation. I came to this forum because some one @ http://www.***removed***/ recommended me this link. She stated people here are very helpful and stick with the question asked. Either she is wrong or my question was not asked properly.

Everyone is making their own assumption without knowing "the thing that" made me feel uncomfortable. My first post here tells me that I need to be very careful what to post and not post.

I would say that most of us were just saying "if it really is something as minor as you classified it then you might want to put a little more effort into overcoming the issue together." I don't see where any assumptions were made but quite the opposite...

I forgot to add:

We are back together.

Thanks for the advice.

Well reason number one should be enough for the two of you to work together in finding a middle ground that you can both live with. I would say the fact that you guys are giving it another go vindicates those of us who were saying you should put more effort into making it work if the relationship is as you described.

Timeline

@ brownskinned

Thanks, I felt like the minority.. Which is hard to understand, since people going throught this process, usually seem to value the importance of love and genuine motives, more than than others...

I simply don't understand how people who hardly know this couple or others on VJ and are soo quick to encourage a divorce over seemingly minor issues..

I believe, as fellow Petitioners and Fellow Beneficiaries, we should strongly let people know the challenges that all of us face in our relationships and encourage those to patiently support their spouses as they adjust to a new world, a new culture, a new way of life, and to appreciate the sacrifice your spouse is making and has made to be with you..

I certainly think it can be very dangerous to encourage an otherwise vulnerable person facing dificulty, to just give up and potentially loose the most valuable thing that can happen between two people.. People facing these new situations don't need to be encouraged to make the biggest mistake of thier life.. There's time to let things play it's course and possibly work out for the best..

If the story was diferent, and someone had posted, he was decieved, cheated on, and victimized somehow, but that was not the post.. The OP Clearly stated, it was not about money, or cheating, it was only a "minor cultural issue".. Some assumed that meant, a "Major Cultural Issue" even though it was specifically stated otherwise... Sometimes, we at VJ love to create our own drama... and encourage people to do something stupid sp that can feel superior or something because their situation is soo much better.. I don't know why we do such stupid things or give such stupid advise, but sensible people, shouldn't be soo quick to jump on the "bad advise" band wagon...

It is a a very tough situation because we are having a very GOOD TIME. I have never been this happy before. She can cook well, take care of the house like I could never imagine, sings like a pro, and makes me laugh so much and so healthy. Another thing, She gets alone with my family and friends.

The sad part is that the problem is not about the usual (like money or cheating). It is about a small culture difference that I need to respect but I really can not get over it.

I love her but I think it is the best thing for us to do now before it gets more complicated.

Kenny

I simply don't understand how people who hardly know this couple or others on VJ and are soo quick to encourage a divorce over seemingly minor issues..

I didn't see anyone encouraging the OP to file for divorce. :whistle: OP asked how to go about it, and people answered accordingly. Not one person said "you should divorce her immediately!"

Also want to point out that there's a difference between being supportive/encouraging and being judgmental. While I understand that everything that was said about how the OP should reconsider and try to make it work stemmed from good intentions, I felt there was no need to repeatedly insinuate that the OP was a schmuck for wanting to quit the marriage.

That being said, I agree with everyone that an honest attempt should be made to salvage any relationship, especially one like this where cultural differences seems to be the only issue. Only time will tell if a marriage will work out.

To the OP: Happy to hear that you and your wife are willing to stick it out and try to make it work. I wish you both happiness.

Edited by caly

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.