Gosia & John

attorney says case will not go through NVC

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i would suggest that you guys do this on your own and avoid the exuberant fees these lawyers charge you. They would tell you anything to make you think that your case will be processed faster cos of a lawyer, which isn't true... Fire him and do this on your own. You have visajourney.com to help you if you ever get confused.

“It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations” Kahlil Gibran

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i would suggest that you guys do this on your own and avoid the exuberant fees these lawyers charge you. They would tell you anything to make you think that your case will be processed faster cos of a lawyer, which isn't true... Fire him and do this on your own. You have visajourney.com to help you if you ever get confused.

I totally agree with you on this...we thought about hiring an attorney researched VJ and realized if it's a pretty much straight forward case we should do it on our own...saving ourselves headaches and money...so far we've been able to do it with the members help here on VJ without so much as an RFE as of right now...time will tell interview is in two weeks...

that said I think those that have arrest records, deportation issues and other legal issues should obtain attorneys but normal joe's just getting their spouses here should be fine with the help of the knowledable ppl here on visa journey...AS LONG AS YOUR WILLING TO READ READ READ STUDY STUDY STUDY EVERYTHING THAT PERTAINS TO YOUR CASE AND FILING VISAS

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

I don't think so. He clearly told my husband that the case will be forwarded to NVC and then to the consulate in Warsaw. After 4 weeks I should be getting my packet for the interview and biometrics. He said nothing will be paid or sent to NVC. When I arrive to US I will adjust my status from and will be getting a conditional green card, and that's when I will need my sponsor & Affidavid of Support.

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....wait a minute...did he file a 129f behide your 1-130, and maybe it got approved before the I-130 which might be forwarded to consulate as a K-3 approvel??????????? its sounding kind of like that thats just my opion!!! :bonk:

12/22/2010...married my soulmate,in tagaytay city.

USCIS...
01/28/2011...mailed I-130 to chicago Lockbox.....The journey begins
01/31/2011...receive I-130
02/05/2011...get a e-mail notice of NOA-1...states case transferred to CSC
02/08/2011...check clears my bank
02/10/2011... rec. hardcopy NOA-1 in mail...priority date..01/31/2011.....sit back relax and ride this slow mule!!
02/14/2011... touched ( it must have fallen on the floor )..hehe
05/12/2011...NOA-2 OMG...98days u kidding me!!!!!!!

NVC......

05/26/2011... finally got NVC case number...
05/28/2011... receive DS-3032 in e-mail/e-mailed the DS-3032 back
05/28/2011... receive AOS fee bill/ and paid online.
06/01/2011... AOS fee bill shows paid.
06/02/2011... DS-3032 accepted
06/03/2011... IV-bill generated and sented by e-mail
06/04/2011... Paid IV fee bill/ in progress
06/07/2011... IV fee bill showed paid/ downloaded cover sheet
06/08/2011... Express mail both the I-864(AOS) and DS-230
06/09/2011... Confirmed del at 11:10am signed by N visa center.
06/21/2011... SIF...yea!!! called NVC..yes case complete but no interview dates until aug..rats!!
06/28/2011... issured interview date set for 08/08/2011 At 6:30am.
07/12&13/2011... medical
YEA SHE PASSED MEDICAL

08/08/2011... interview approved!!!
08/19/2011...usa/arkansas.....

ROC

05/23/2013... mailed I-751 to Vermont

05/25/2013...delivery confirm received

05/30/2013...check cleared bank

06/01/2013...rec. NOA1 (receipt date 05/28/2013)

06/24/2013... biometrics appointment

The above description matches a K3 visa case. Did your husband also file an I-129F?

:thumbs: thats what iam thinking too........my brothers lawyer did this too him also, but what my brother fails to understand his k-3 isnt like my CR-1. cost more and the adjustment she's talking about.

12/22/2010...married my soulmate,in tagaytay city.

USCIS...
01/28/2011...mailed I-130 to chicago Lockbox.....The journey begins
01/31/2011...receive I-130
02/05/2011...get a e-mail notice of NOA-1...states case transferred to CSC
02/08/2011...check clears my bank
02/10/2011... rec. hardcopy NOA-1 in mail...priority date..01/31/2011.....sit back relax and ride this slow mule!!
02/14/2011... touched ( it must have fallen on the floor )..hehe
05/12/2011...NOA-2 OMG...98days u kidding me!!!!!!!

NVC......

05/26/2011... finally got NVC case number...
05/28/2011... receive DS-3032 in e-mail/e-mailed the DS-3032 back
05/28/2011... receive AOS fee bill/ and paid online.
06/01/2011... AOS fee bill shows paid.
06/02/2011... DS-3032 accepted
06/03/2011... IV-bill generated and sented by e-mail
06/04/2011... Paid IV fee bill/ in progress
06/07/2011... IV fee bill showed paid/ downloaded cover sheet
06/08/2011... Express mail both the I-864(AOS) and DS-230
06/09/2011... Confirmed del at 11:10am signed by N visa center.
06/21/2011... SIF...yea!!! called NVC..yes case complete but no interview dates until aug..rats!!
06/28/2011... issured interview date set for 08/08/2011 At 6:30am.
07/12&13/2011... medical
YEA SHE PASSED MEDICAL

08/08/2011... interview approved!!!
08/19/2011...usa/arkansas.....

ROC

05/23/2013... mailed I-751 to Vermont

05/25/2013...delivery confirm received

05/30/2013...check cleared bank

06/01/2013...rec. NOA1 (receipt date 05/28/2013)

06/24/2013... biometrics appointment

I'm sorry, but your lawyer is an idiot. All petitions that are approved for spousal visas, such as yours, go through the NVC. They compile your case file by requesting additional documents from both the petitioner and the beneficiary: petitioner submits financial stuff and beneficiary submits immigrant visa application and supporting documentation. It is also during this stage when the financial fee is due as well as the immigrant visa bill. Once both are paid and all required documentation has been received, THEN the NVC schedules your interview at the indicated consulat/embassy and forwards the entire case file to that embassy.

Only the finance(e) petition files go straight to the embassy/consulate. The NVC assigns a case number and moves it along and all contact is done directly from the consulate.

If a lawyer does not know this, I would fire him/her.

If I missed anything, please, someone let me know, but from going the CR-1 route, this was my experience.

I agree, you are correct! NVC does not approve or deny visas at this stage, but collate documents for the consulate to have the final say!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CAUTION! The attorney seems to be engaged in processing a K3 visa instead of a CR1. If that is the case, there will be no correspondence with NVC. They will need an affidavit of support but it will be the I-134 carried to the interview, not an I-864 sent to NVC. Until the actual visa category being pursued is clarified, speculation is not helpful.

smiley-gen053.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hey there.....for my case, I filed K-1 fiance visa, it just touched at the NVC. Nothing was requested from me, when it normally is, and my petition was sent straight over to the Consulate in Naples, Italy. They were the ones that requested all of the documents, not the NVC (in my case). I'm pretty sure that is not how it is for all cases, but if it makes you feel better,it sounds like your situation may be similar to mine. Not to mention, everything went smoothly and our interview is scheduled for June 22nd.

Edited by ahlekm01

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hey there.....for my case, I filed K-1 fiance visa, it just touched at the NVC. Nothing was requested from me, when it normally is, and my petition was sent straight over to the Consulate in Naples, Italy. They were the ones that requested all of the documents, not the NVC (in my case). I'm pretty sure that is not how it is for all cases, but if it makes you feel better,it sounds like your situation may be similar to mine. Not to mention, everything went smoothly and our interview is scheduled for June 22nd.

That's K1 and is normal for both all K visa cases. It is not what EVER happens with CR1 or IR1.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

he said our case will not be going through NVC but straight to the consulate?

He's absolutely wrong.

He said to chill out and wait 4 weeks for consulate to send me something. #######? can that be the case? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Nope. :no:

I'm sorry, but your lawyer is an idiot. All petitions that are approved for spousal visas, such as yours, go through the NVC. They compile your case file by requesting additional documents from both the petitioner and the beneficiary: petitioner submits financial stuff and beneficiary submits immigrant visa application and supporting documentation. It is also during this stage when the financial fee is due as well as the immigrant visa bill. Once both are paid and all required documentation has been received, THEN the NVC schedules your interview at the indicated consulat/embassy and forwards the entire case file to that embassy.

Only the finance(e) petition files go straight to the embassy/consulate. The NVC assigns a case number and moves it along and all contact is done directly from the consulate.

If a lawyer does not know this, I would fire him/her.

If I missed anything, please, someone let me know, but from going the CR-1 route, this was my experience.

:thumbs::yes:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

The above description matches a K3 visa case. Did your husband also file an I-129F?

He never did. I think we would get a notice from action if they filed for I-129f.

We only got NOA1 & noa2 from the I-130 petition

8Cgqp2.png

Filed: Country: Israel
Timeline

Maybe the lawyer meant that you won't have to pay anything or deal with the NVC because he will deal with it all. I have some friends who are using a lawyer and the lawyer does everything for them including paying the bills (obviously they are paying the lawyer quite a bit) but they aren't doing much and aren't on this site all the time! they had some other issues but they got their interview for next month!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

CAUTION! The attorney seems to be engaged in processing a K3 visa instead of a CR1. If that is the case, there will be no correspondence with NVC. They will need an affidavit of support but it will be the I-134 carried to the interview, not an I-864 sent to NVC. Until the actual visa category being pursued is clarified, speculation is not helpful.

pushbrk, do you have any links that give information about a K3 visa so i can learn more about it?

I will be contacting my lawyer and asking him to give me every single information about our case and what kind of visa it is.

Maybe the lawyer meant that you won't have to pay anything or deal with the NVC because he will deal with it all. I have some friends who are using a lawyer and the lawyer does everything for them including paying the bills (obviously they are paying the lawyer quite a bit) but they aren't doing much and aren't on this site all the time! they had some other issues but they got their interview for next month!

If he was paying for us than I think we wouldn't have to pay the fee for I-130 petition when we filed :)

8Cgqp2.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

To the OP - your lawyer gets a copy of all the mail sent to you. When you filed your I-130 you probably filed signed G-28 form. He will always get a copy of what is sent to you and will always be able to act on your behalf - to get rid of him for good- you will have to withdraw/cancel the G-28...

You mentioned that NOA1 was sent to your husband, well - your lawyer must have received one as well. Just FYI

BTW, we have initially used the lawyer as well - nothing good came out of it...her actions and words led to confusion and errors....if it wasn't for VJ I don't know how we would managed... I wish we had fired her sooner!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yes, there's additional fees to be paid in your country, you show reciept at the embassy IV unit.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.