Gosia & John

attorney says case will not go through NVC

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

pushbrk, do you have any links that give information about a K3 visa so i can learn more about it?

I will be contacting my lawyer and asking him to give me every single information about our case and what kind of visa it is.

Click on the word Guides at the top of any page here. I would directly ask the lawyer just what visa category is the intended result of your process. Yes, all visas have a visa application fee in addition to the fee for filing the petition. For the CR1 or IR1, you would have two more fees, $88 and $404. For the K3, just the one $350 visa application fee.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Did you fill out this form? It is the I-129F. It is for K-1 visas, but you would have had to fill one out for a K-3 also. http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-129F.pdf Good luck!

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

okay thank you guys. :thumbs: :thumbs:

When we filed my husband only signed the I-130 and paid the $420 fee. There was nothing said about the I-129f.

I emailed him and his paralegal but no response yet. My husband also called him but he was in court so he told my husband he will call back :angry:

8Cgqp2.png

Timeline

okay thank you guys. :thumbs: :thumbs:

When we filed my husband only signed the I-130 and paid the $420 fee. There was nothing said about the I-129f.

I emailed him and his paralegal but no response yet. My husband also called him but he was in court so he told my husband he will call back :angry:

OK. Just to be clear, if no I-129F was filed, then your attorney's office has given you false information. Perhaps they are more accustomed to processing fiancee visas and didn't bother to look at your actual case file prior to misinforming you.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Is it clear, though ? can track down the receipt number for the I-129F ? if can do that,

then can track 'it' at NVC, with a NVC Human,

then again at DoS, with a DoS Human.

Whatcha got, really ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Is it clear, though ? can track down the receipt number for the I-129F ? if can do that,

then can track 'it' at NVC, with a NVC Human,

then again at DoS, with a DoS Human.

Whatcha got, really ?

I can't track the I-129f because i haven't received any Receipt # from it.

I call NVC about the I-130, because we only got a receipt # from that petition. & they still haven't received anything :(

I'm still waiting for the e-mail from the lawyer and his paralegal, I asked him what kind of visa are we suppose to be expecting.

Edited by Gosia & John

8Cgqp2.png

Timeline

IIRC, even with a G-28 in play -

Lawyer and petitioner BOTH receive I-797-C receipt notices.

so that'd be 2 notices of receipt, 2 different receipt numbers, way (i do mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay) back when.

what does USCitizen Spouse Have ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

IIRC, even with a G-28 in play -

Lawyer and petitioner BOTH receive I-797-C receipt notices.

so that'd be 2 notices of receipt, 2 different receipt numbers, way (i do mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay) back when.

what does USCitizen Spouse Have ?

Do you mean what kind of receipt number or?? :blink: :blink:

8Cgqp2.png

Timeline

[quote name=ER Team :)' timestamp='1306946059' post='4697085]

they don't get 2 different receipts - they get a copy of one receipt. That means - one- same number.

Your case number... should be on your NOA2

Yeah the WACXXXXXXXXXX :thumbs:

8Cgqp2.png

Timeline

if you'll dig back to my first reply in this topic (see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/312414-attorney-says-case-will-not-go-through-nvc/page__view__findpost__p__4695288 ) , I alluded to the existence of an approved I-129F petition.

the I-129F ain't the I-130, so

there will be 2 receipt notices, 2 receipt numbers, they are not the same, at all.

If there's an actual I-129F in play, then there is, at least, a receipt number printed on a I-797-C formletter, which will not match up with the I-130 receipt # at all.

Two Petitions, 2 receipt numbers, neither match.

Whatcha got ?

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

[quote name=ER Team :)' timestamp='1306946059' post='4697085]

they don't get 2 different receipts - they get a copy of one receipt. That means - one- same number.

This is incorrect. Each petition gets a seperate receipt notice, I-797-C formletter.

Each petition has a seperate case number -

so it's one case # for the I-130, another for the I-129F.

Please stop giving out the wrong advice on this, yes?

Timeline

No, not 'what kind', not at all.

If you actually have an I-129F in play , for the K-3 visa,

there will be 2 receipt #'s, one for the I-130 petition, another one, for the I-129F petition.

So, if you have a real, honest-to-Pete I-129F approved, there was a receipt # issued 5 to 6 months prior.

IF you have that receipt # on the I-129F, can call into NVC, get a Human, get the Warsaw Embassy Casefile #.

Then with the Embassy Casefile #, can call into DoS, get a Human, get further casefile status.

Timeline

This is incorrect. Each petition gets a seperate receipt notice, I-797-C formletter.

Each petition has a seperate case number -

so it's one case # for the I-130, another for the I-129F.

Please stop giving out the wrong advice on this, yes?

Just to be clear, we're trying to determine for certain whether only the I-130 was filed or both I-130 and I-129F. If both, then there would be two receipt notices, one for each petition and with different case numbers.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.