Gosia & John

attorney says case will not go through NVC

74 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks Push - I know !! It's not ME that's confused ! ;) I'm not even confusing, on this topic.

See http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/312414-attorney-says-case-will-not-go-through-nvc/page__view__findpost__p__4695288

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks Push - I know !! It's not ME that's confused ! ;) I'm not even confusing, on this topic.

See http://www.visajourn...ost__p__4695288

Some people are not reading the whole thread. Just busy trashing the attorney. I suspect a staffer was just too lazy to check the file and gave a stock K1 answer. It happens, particularly if the firm does mostly K1 visa cases. It's easy enough to clear up with a little follow-up.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Just to be clear, we're trying to determine for certain whether only the I-130 was filed or both I-130 and I-129F. If both, then there would be two receipt notices, one for each petition and with different case numbers.

:thumbs::thumbs:

only one petition was filed and one receipt # received for the I-130.

8Cgqp2.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

This is incorrect. Each petition gets a seperate receipt notice, I-797-C formletter.

Each petition has a seperate case number -

so it's one case # for the I-130, another for the I-129F.

Please stop giving out the wrong advice on this, yes?

Please read the post carfully. I was saying that the petitioner got one recipt and the lawyer probably got a copy of the same receipt. We do not know if the I-129f was even filed!

I was simply saying that whatever they get - the lawyer gets as well. Whetever the lawyer gets - they get as well. That's how it works when you file a petition with a lawyer and sign the G-28 with it.

Please read carefully.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

[quote name=ER Team :)' timestamp='1306951880' post='4697320]

Please read the post carfully. I was saying that the petitioner got one recipt and the lawyer probably got a copy of the same receipt. We do not know if the I-129f was even filed!

I was simply saying that whatever they get - the lawyer gets as well. Whetever the lawyer gets - they get as well. That's how it works when you file a petition with a lawyer and sign the G-28 with it.

Please read carefully.

Perhaps that's what you meant to convey but it is not what you wrote. You wrote...

they don't get 2 different receipts - they get a copy of one receipt. That means - one- same number.

...and provided no context. The context at the time was what would happen if they filed two petitions. In that context, what you wrote is false. if you want to be understood and helpful, then it's important to write, so that you ARE understood.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

2 petitions, 2 receipt numbers.

One for the I-130, one for the I-129F.

The elusive bit, IMO, is the receipt # for the I-129F.

If it exists, there is possibility the I-129F petition was not only approved, but made it's way out of NVC into USEmbassy/Warsaw/IV Unit.

Only a possibility, for now, based on HER understanding of WHAT she needs to do ONCE she's in the USA (File an AOS case)

If the I-129F was never filed, of course, then it's gonna be more processing at NVC for the IR/CR visa -

Suggest the USCitizen Spouse ask the lawyer for copies of all RECEIPT NOTICES on all petitions that were filed.

Some people are not reading the whole thread. Just busy trashing the attorney. I suspect a staffer was just too lazy to check the file and gave a stock K1 answer. It happens, particularly if the firm does mostly K1 visa cases. It's easy enough to clear up with a little follow-up.

I'm leaning towards this, as well - twas a 'stock answer' without any eyeball review by a paralegal at the attorney's office.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Doing this on our own :)

Best wishes going forward!

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

how did you receive your Embassy Casefile Number at NVC? (telephone, email, postal mail, fax, tell a friend, etc)

Timeline

cool ! CR-1 visa, here ya go ! Don't forget to send something off to NVC letting them know you fired the attorney.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

cool ! CR-1 visa, here ya go ! Don't forget to send something off to NVC letting them know you fired the attorney.

Do you know if there's a specific form i have to send?

8Cgqp2.png

Timeline

yup. prolly best to review this, though

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.