Gosia & John

attorney says case will not go through NVC

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't think so. He clearly told my husband that the case will be forwarded to NVC and then to the consulate in Warsaw. After 4 weeks I should be getting my packet for the interview and biometrics. He said nothing will be paid or sent to NVC. When I arrive to US I will adjust my status from and will be getting a conditional green card, and that's when I will need my sponsor & Affidavid of Support.

I would use your USCIS receipt number from your NOA2 and call the NVC to check the status of your case.

603-334-0700

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

It would be a conditional 2 year green card, and you would have to file to REMOVE CONDITIONS in 2 years...

But the K1 visa are the ones that go straight to the embassy, and then through Adjustment of status in the US...

seriously!! :wacko:

I am so grateful to this site and the wealth of knowledge!

I have a friend who filed through a lawyer and all she can do is sit and wait on the word from them...

At least filing yourself you have complete knowledge of where your case is.

^^^ SO AM I! Thank you VJ members!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

8Cgqp2.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The lawyer also said that I don't need a sponsor right now because I will be getting a conditional green card when i arrive in the US, and after that when we will be trying to adjust my status to pernament sponsors will be needed.

I have no idea what to do anymore. can anyone else give me some more info? :huh::(:huh:

Lol..... your lawyer is making me crack up.

Your lawyer clear has no idea about immigration and it sounds like he has not handled any cimilar case in past.

Without a sponsor, you would not be getting your conditional GC....lol

You have to prove that before hand so you will not become a public charge.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Lol..... your lawyer is making me crack up.

Your lawyer clear has no idea about immigration and it sounds like he has not handled any cimilar case in past.

Without a sponsor, you would not be getting your conditional GC....lol

You have to prove that before hand so you will not become a public charge.

I'm still confused why we consulted with such an idiot. :P:D :D

Edited by Gosia & John

8Cgqp2.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I don't think so. He clearly told my husband that the case will be forwarded to NVC and then to the consulate in Warsaw. After 4 weeks I should be getting my packet for the interview and biometrics. He said nothing will be paid or sent to NVC. When I arrive to US I will adjust my status from and will be getting a conditional green card, and that's when I will need my sponsor & Affidavid of Support.

then there's an approved I-129F petition snaking it's way from USCIS to NVC to Warsaw, some K-3 visa in your immediate future, no NVC intake for any IR-1/CR-1 visa.

Maybe.

K-3 visas suck, if you'd like to actually participate in the USA. please review

Comparison on K-3 vs CR-1 - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/204324-wondering-if-i-made-a-mistake-marrying-in-us/page__view__findpost__p__3060767

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The above description matches a K3 visa case. Did your husband also file an I-129F?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It would be a conditional 2 year green card, and you would have to file to REMOVE CONDITIONS in 2 years...

But the K1 visa are the ones that go straight to the embassy, and then through Adjustment of status in the US...

Correction... Even K1 Visas have to go through NVC. No exceptions to this rule. The weird part about that is when we receive NOA2, it states on the bottom that our case has been sent to consulate.(WRONG.. it goes to NVC first where it is assigned a case# then forwarded to consulate) Every week or so, I see a post asking this question in K1 forum. (I even did it myself when I received ours :bonk: ) Maybe that is why the lawyer said that. Either way, sounds like he has no clue to the process. Hence my belief that a lawyer only wastes your money for this process. Saw another post today that a K1 petitioner used a lawyer and got a RFE for lack of something. Even the lawyer didn't send in the correct information for the I-129F application. Pathetic as it is very simple requirements at that stage. Read another post about a lawyer who told the petitioner that they did not need letters of intent to marry for their application. WRONG, maybe the lawyers would do better if they came to VJ and read the guides here... :rofl:

Well congrats on getting this far, maybe it is better for you guys to take responsibility of your petition to make sure nothing gets messed up and cause you great stress....

Good Luck

Edited by John & Mari

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The above description matches a K3 visa case. Did your husband also file an I-129F?

When did the K3 end? They were married in Dec 2010 and I thought the K3 was already finished by then and only the IR1/CR1 ????

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

When did the K3 end? They were married in Dec 2010 and I thought the K3 was already finished by then and only the IR1/CR1 ????

The K3 never ended officially. It just became practically unavailable for filers after 2/1/2010. Things do change. We've had at least three reports of I-129F petitions getting through to Consulates lately. The Life Act wasn't repealed but policies changed and may have changed again but at USCIS this time, not NVC.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

The lawyer also said that I don't need a sponsor right now because I will be getting a conditional green card when i arrive in the US, and after that when we will be trying to adjust my status to pernament sponsors will be needed.

I have no idea what to do anymore. can anyone else give me some more info? :huh::(:huh:

I haven't read the other posts to see if someone already answered your question or not, but the petitioner IS your sponsor...I don't know what the ####### the lawyer is thinking. Permanant sponsors???

If your spouse, who is the petitioner and your sponsor, doesn't meet the 125% poverty line in earnings, then co-sponsors will be required...this information is to be submitted with the financial affidavit that the petitioner completes and submits to the NVC AFTER paying the fee for its processing.

You desperately need another lawyer.

In all honestly, if you read through the information on this site, you and your spouse can do all of this yourselves without paying a lawyer. And without getting incorrect and misleading information.

Married in Dominican Republic: 4-Sept-2010

I-130 Packet arrives at Chicago Lockbox: 29-Sept-2010

NOA1: 06-Oct-2010

NOA2: 19-Jan-2011

NVC Received file from CSC: 27-Jan-2011

Received DS-3032 and AOS bill: 27-Jan-2011

Paid AOS bill: 28-Jan-2011

Submitted DS-3032 via email (per NVC's authorization): 30-Jan-2011

Called NVC about AOS packet: 3-Feb-2011 (okay to send documents)

Mailed out AOS packet: 5-Feb-2011

AOS packet delivered to NVC: 7-Feb-2011

DS-3032 received by NVC: 8-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowleges AOS payment: 8-Feb-2011 (finally)

Received IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

Paid IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowledges AOS paperwork was received and requests IV application: 25-Feb-2011

Mailed out DS-230 and supporting civil documents: 26-Feb-2011

DS-230 packet delivered to NVC: 28-Feb-2011

Case completed at NVC: 28-Mar-2011

Waited about 2 weeks for an interview date

Received packet 4 and interview appointment letter: 11-Apr-2011

Interview scheduled at Santo Domingo: 4-May-2011

Spouse had Medical Exam: 15-Apr-2011

Visa Approved!!!! 4-May-2011

Husband received visa from DOMEX: 17-May-2011

Husband's POE date June 24, 2011

Timeline

I haven't read the other posts to see if someone already answered your question or not, but the petitioner IS your sponsor...I don't know what the ####### the lawyer is thinking. Permanant sponsors???

If your spouse, who is the petitioner and your sponsor, doesn't meet the 125% poverty line in earnings, then co-sponsors will be required...this information is to be submitted with the financial affidavit that the petitioner completes and submits to the NVC AFTER paying the fee for its processing.

You desperately need another lawyer.

In all honestly, if you read through the information on this site, you and your spouse can do all of this yourselves without paying a lawyer. And without getting incorrect and misleading information.

CAUTION! The attorney seems to be engaged in processing a K3 visa instead of a CR1. If that is the case, there will be no correspondence with NVC. They will need an affidavit of support but it will be the I-134 carried to the interview, not an I-864 sent to NVC. Until the actual visa category being pursued is clarified, speculation is not helpful.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

CAUTION! The attorney seems to be engaged in processing a K3 visa instead of a CR1. If that is the case, there will be no correspondence with NVC. They will need an affidavit of support but it will be the I-134 carried to the interview, not an I-864 sent to NVC. Until the actual visa category being pursued is clarified, speculation is not helpful.

As always, pushbrk gave very good and straight forward advice. FInd out what visa the lawyer is requesting. We don't hear much of a K-3 anymore...

Thanks for clarifying.

Married in Dominican Republic: 4-Sept-2010

I-130 Packet arrives at Chicago Lockbox: 29-Sept-2010

NOA1: 06-Oct-2010

NOA2: 19-Jan-2011

NVC Received file from CSC: 27-Jan-2011

Received DS-3032 and AOS bill: 27-Jan-2011

Paid AOS bill: 28-Jan-2011

Submitted DS-3032 via email (per NVC's authorization): 30-Jan-2011

Called NVC about AOS packet: 3-Feb-2011 (okay to send documents)

Mailed out AOS packet: 5-Feb-2011

AOS packet delivered to NVC: 7-Feb-2011

DS-3032 received by NVC: 8-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowleges AOS payment: 8-Feb-2011 (finally)

Received IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

Paid IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowledges AOS paperwork was received and requests IV application: 25-Feb-2011

Mailed out DS-230 and supporting civil documents: 26-Feb-2011

DS-230 packet delivered to NVC: 28-Feb-2011

Case completed at NVC: 28-Mar-2011

Waited about 2 weeks for an interview date

Received packet 4 and interview appointment letter: 11-Apr-2011

Interview scheduled at Santo Domingo: 4-May-2011

Spouse had Medical Exam: 15-Apr-2011

Visa Approved!!!! 4-May-2011

Husband received visa from DOMEX: 17-May-2011

Husband's POE date June 24, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.