blue11

Please help overstay 5 years and married to usc

84 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sure, I will explain it to you. I used my friend ss# to apply for a job with pay check month by month, filed tax every year since 2006. You can also go to the front door of home depot or Orchard supply every morning to see how those people get a job. I don't want to go any further or sitting here argue with you and i don't need you to change your mind everyone have their own opinion. I came here for advise and help from those with the experienced.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You know, guys! She is illegal and committed a crime. I do not want to be judgemental in most case, but WE ARE PAYING TAXES FOR HER. I am sure that over the period of these 5 years she worked somewhere without paying either federal or state taxes. and she used ALL THE BENEFITS that regular taxpayers like me and you receive and even more!! I pay every year $80K in taxes for felons like her and I AM TIRED!!

She has not committed a crime.

She is not a felon.

Half the US population does not pay Federal tax.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sure, I will explain it to you. I used my friend ss# to apply for a job with pay check month by month, filed tax every year since 2006. You can also go to the front door of home depot or Orchard supply every morning to see how those people get a job. I don't want to go any further or sitting here argue with you and i don't need you to change your mind everyone have their own opinion. I came here for advise and help from those with the experienced.

You really didnt owe him an explanation.

The average american doesn't understand how taxes work. You paid taxes every time you bought food, clothes, or paid a utility bill.

The minute men were one of the most vocal anti immigrant group for a long time. You could not turn on your tv without seeing them, wonder how they are enjoying the fruits of YOUR tax money waiting for their death sentence.One of them killing a 9 yr old execution style.

Minute men or bust!

Minutemen American Defense founder Shawna Forde, 43, decided to fund her border protection group by robbing and killing people she suspected were drug smugglers, according to prosecutors

Funded By Crime!

Edited by Myopia

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

** Post(s) violating our Terms of Service (TOS) have been removed and administrative action taken. Please post responsibly (without lashing out, making judgmental remarks, etc.) or refrain from posting.

(Furthermore - this is not the place for a political discussion.)

Thread bans will be issued going forward (final warning) and this topic will remain under moderator review for a while to ensure compliance. Thank you.

Edited by Otto

The views expressed by San Diego do not represent those of all Republicans.

Thank you.

Edited by B_J

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

So are you advocating a consultation with an attorney as you suggested in your first paragraph, or dismissing the guidance of an attorney as you suggest in your second paragraph?

The OP knows that they are in a bind. This couple needs to learn what the options are and what the penalties/hurdles/etc. may be. It's likely going to be tough. Discussing all the specifics with a qualified immigration attorney seems a prudent step.

I was just pointed out that she should just contact an Attorney who deal with waivers for overstaying or deportation so when she contact one, she can go straight to the point instead of paying fees to ask stuff she has already learn on here, do you get my drift?

She doesn't have to pay a Lawyer to tell her she has to go back and file a waiver, only thing she needs now is contact one and get the process started right away. That will cut cost.

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

so you have commited the crime of identity theft, even if your friend gave you permission to use her number.

to identify yourself falsely to the IRS or any other governmental agency is to commit another crime. if the number belongs to an American citizen, then you have a criminal de-facto claim to US citizenship going against you as well (3 crimes). that one is good for a lifetime ban that is not waiverable, as well as deportation.

telling you the truth is helping you, and yes, i am experienced.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

so you have commited the crime of identity theft, even if your friend gave you permission to use her number.

to identify yourself falsely to the IRS or any other governmental agency is to commit another crime. if the number belongs to an American citizen, then you have a criminal de-facto claim to US citizenship going against you as well (3 crimes). that one is good for a lifetime ban that is not waiverable, as well as deportation.

telling you the truth is helping you, and yes, i am experienced.

Really. Experienced at what?

Courts ruling that using someone elses ssn is not a crime??!

:blink:

10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin

03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Actually Just-a-shooter is right. USCIS considers using someone elses SSN (esp if that person is a USC) as pretending to be a USC and carries a lifetime ban.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/291953-got-married-to-my-wife-who-overstayed-have-a-few-questions/

And if you don't trust VJ try the SSA: http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1253/~/using-someone-else%27s-social-security-number this post was updated 8th Feb 2011 unlike your link that's from Dec 2010. She might not get charged by the courts, but she will get a lifetime ban from immigration.

Filed: Other Timeline

Let me ask you this, as it's important: when you filled out the I-9 form, there are 4 fields regarding your authorization to work:

1) US citizen

2) Non citizen US national

3) Lawful Permanent Resident

4) Non-resident allowed to work

Which one did you mark?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Important issue from this link.

the justices found that an immigrant using an unknown person's SSN to obtain work authorization did not "knowingly" use information that belonged to another person, as required by the statute.

In this case she knew the number belonged to a US citizen and used it anyway.

Curious thing I just thought of and not really relevant to the issues as hand, but if you and your friend used the same social security number How did both of you file taxes?

Edited by belinda63

Actually Just-a-shooter is right. USCIS considers using someone elses SSN (esp if that person is a USC) as pretending to be a USC and carries a lifetime ban.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/291953-got-married-to-my-wife-who-overstayed-have-a-few-questions/

And if you don't trust VJ try the SSA: http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1253/~/using-someone-else%27s-social-security-number this post was updated 8th Feb 2011 unlike your link that's from Dec 2010. She might not get charged by the courts, but she will get a lifetime ban from immigration.

I don't believe it matters how old my link is.

The most recent judicial body to take on the issue, the Colorado Supreme Court, ruled last month that a man who used his real name but someone else's Social Security number to obtain a car loan was not guilty of "criminal impersonation," overturning convictions by lower courts.

And this was a ruling from the Supreme Court.

That follows a ruling last year by the U.S. Supreme Court that a Mexican man who gave a false SSN to get a job at an Illinois steel plant could not be convicted under federal identity theft laws because he did not knowingly use another person's identifying number. The ruling overturned an opinion by a federal appeals court in St. Louis -- and contradicted earlier findings by circuit courts in the Southeast, upper Midwest and the Gulf states.

I get that it's apples and oranges though. Thanks.

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

San Diego pays 80k in taxes?? I really am in the wrong line of work :wacko:

08-07-10 | I129-F Sent

08-17-10 | NOA1 Received

10-03-10 | Touched

02-03-11 | RFE hardcopy received (AWESOME!!)

03-06-11 | RFE response sent overnight

03-14-11 | USCIS received RFE response

04-04-11 | Contacted senator

04-14-11 | NOA2 Received (241 Days from NOA1 or 7 months, 29 days)

04-22-11 | NVC Sent Package to China

05-16-11 | Guangzhou Consulate received Package from NVC

06-05-11 | P4 Received

06-15-11 | Medical Exam

06-16-11 | Handed in documents to consulate

06-17-11 | Interview Passed

06-23-11 | Visa in hand

06-28-11 | Expected Arrival in New York

08-24-11 | Tied the knot

12-15-11 | Biometrics Taken for AOS

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I understand the laws of derivative citizenship. The term "anchor baby" in this instance...in any instance is incorrect and derogatory.

I disagree. It wasn't meant as a pejorative. And since I said it, I think I know my own intent.

Maybe it's not the most frequently used instance of anchor baby, but the baby in this instance is being offered up as a strategy to overcome an ban. If a mother would leave her newborn in order for the USC to be able to claim a hardship, to get a waiver to overcome a ban, then that baby is being used to get back here. By very definition, it fits. Ok, let's split hairs and say it's not 'anchor' baby, but rather 'bungee cord baby' IF this path is taken.

That part of my post was actually directed towards those who brought up the baby in relation to overcoming the ban. Which is why the last sentence, when addressing the OP, started by actually addressing her. I'm not going to get into a personal sling fest based on one post, but I'm certainly not going to applaud strategy in using a newborn for GC benefits.

I am all for the OP pursuing legal advice, I'm also all for her eventually coming back. I just don't think a newborn child should be used in a strategic manner to overcome a ban that she rightfully earned.

I disagree. It wasn't meant as a pejorative. And since I said it, I think I know my own intent.

Maybe it's not the most frequently used instance of anchor baby, but the baby in this instance is being offered up as a strategy to overcome an ban. If a mother would leave her newborn in order for the USC to be able to claim a hardship, to get a waiver to overcome a ban, then that baby is being used to get back here. By very definition, it fits. Ok, let's split hairs and say it's not 'anchor' baby, but rather 'bungee cord baby' IF this path is taken.

That part of my post was actually directed towards those who brought up the baby in relation to overcoming the ban. Which is why the last sentence, when addressing the OP, started by actually addressing her. I'm not going to get into a personal sling fest based on one post, but I'm certainly not going to applaud strategy in using a newborn for GC benefits.

I am all for the OP pursuing legal advice, I'm also all for her eventually coming back. I just don't think a newborn child should be used in a strategic manner to overcome a ban that she rightfully earned.

The term anchor baby is used in a pejorative way and the fact that you wish to use it in your own context does not detract from that fact. It is what it is. My apologies if someone disagreeing with a word that you use is internalized into you thinking that there is an imminent sling fest. :hehe:

Irony at its finest.

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.