KittyPollitt

After reading multiple posts today, a word of advice

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

And on a light note- my husband and I moved back to the States from Morocco together and had to start from scratch. We got married after I got my second paycheck. Drove up to the courthouse and parked, and were sooo excited, we forgot to put money in the meter. :crying: Our first wedding gift was a $25 ticket from the county! :crying: :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does a Krispie Kreme Dounut with a Candle on it Count as a Wedding Cake? USCIS and Attourneys have SUCKED ME Dry...

LOL I know, my poor Hubby 2B drives from ND to Southern Ontario every other month for a few days to see our Daughter and I. Good thing he works on a rig or we wouldent be able to see each other so much! We are doing a drive by wedding in MI with his and my Family when we get our visa. Was gonna have a Wedding party in June...but yeh i do not think it will happen. So we wait :whistle:

Totally agree, with this process anything can happen! We are having a civil service when he gets here and symbolic next april ( the big one ) better safe then sorry! With the relationships we have, we can not have it how we want it now when we want it, its immigration!

event.png

A journey it has been!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Thank you but ... too late ! We already canceled one wedding. Is really hard ... who wants to get married with no huge arrangements? The problem is is impossible to setup everything in 90 days so we will do civil ceremony fast and a real big wedding later on .

You don't have 90 days. You have 6 months and 90 days. 6 months to USE the visa, then 90 days to get married when you get there. Get the visa, plan the wedding THEN immigrate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We were thinking our interview was going to be in late July as thats when they were booking them in Montreal right before we were able to actually book.

So we were planning on having a small wedding in late aug, nothing fancy and expensive just something nice.

But when it came time to book there were a ton of cancellations so I got my interview booked for April 28th, months ahead of what we were thinking.

So we decided to just do the city hall thing. The actual wedding wasent worth the extra few months apart in our eyes.

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Our wedding is in 2 weeks and my fiance will be here tomorrow! That being said, we had planned a civil ceremony all along. We are having a huge reception afterward and all of our vendors were extremely understanding. I don't know if it's because I live in the small town south but every last vendor let us hold off payment until the visa was in hand, meaning we just paid them this week! YMMV, but check with your vendors when you start making plans, you might be pleasantly surprised. I think it also helped that we planned the wedding for a week day thereby not holding any weekend dates and also saving a huge chunk of change (thousands of dollars actually).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello..i am new here but reading post here since me and my fiance filed the I129f petition. we've been waiting for more than 4 months now hoping next month we already receive a good result (hoping)...we plan of getting a civil wedding first and later on a grand wedding...i know everything will be fine..we just need to be patient..

Filed: Country:
Timeline

We avoided the whole hassle by just planning a nice wedding in her country, all of her family & friends were there. Then after we filed for CR-1 and didn't have to worry about delays losing deposits.

Correct - he's still in the UK ;-) And in the British Army til 27th May. Coming in June.

Unless she's holding off on coming over - the K1 is valid for 6 months and she didn't say she'd used it yet.

K1 Journey
11/2006...... met for the first time on a night out in London!
11/25/07..... I moved to the UK on a work visa to be with him 🙂
02/27/09..... he proposed!
08/30/10..... sent I-129F
09/02/10..... NOA1
01/27/11..... NOA2 (147 DAYS from NOA1)
03/22/11..... INTERVIEW! (201 DAYS from NOA1) - APPROVED! --> Read the review here!
03/25/11..... visa received!!!
06/09/11..... POE LAX!! --> Read the review here!

AOS Journey
07/22/11.... SSN received
08/27/11.... our wonderful wedding!!
09/23/11.... sent AOS package
09/25/11.... AOS package delivered in Chicago (7:33 p.m.)
10/10/11.... AP rejection letter, refiled 10/17
10/11/11.... NOA1 received via text & email (AOS + EAD only)
10/15/11.... hard copies of NOA1 for AOS + EAD received (dated 10/7)
10/17/11.... refiled AP
10/18/11.... successful biometrics walk-in, Santa Ana, CA (appt for 11/1)
10/20/11.... NOA1 for AP
12/12/11.... call in to USCIS. Told to call back after 12/26.
12/23/11.... I-765 approved

02/1/12...... Interview
02/02/12.... Approved!
02/10/12.... Hubby's GC in hand!

ROC Journey

12/09/13.... sent I-751 to CSC

12/10/13.... package delivered / NOA1

12/12/13.... cheque cashed

01/06/14.... biometrics

04/18/14.... approval letter dated (received 4/22)

Naturalization Journey

09/29/22.... filed N-400 online

09/30/22... NOA/biometrics reuse

01/23/23... interview scheduled for 02/28 

02/28/23... successful interview + oath ceremony in Santa Ana, CA! so proud! certificate of naturalization received! --> Read the review here!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Ok for people who have made big plans before the visa was approved please see my thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302823-how-many-of-you-have-wedding-plans-before-your-fiance-gets-here/

I am curious.

9/13/2010 I-29f sent to Texas

9/23/2010 NOA1

10/3/2010 Touched

3/23/2011 Service request put in

3/30/2011 NOA2 finally!!!!

4/8/2011 Received by NVC

4/13/2011 NVC mailed packet to Guanzhou

5/5/2011 Consulate received packet

5/09/2011 Constulate mailed P3

6/15ish/2011 received P4

7/1/2011 Interview. Approved!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Don't put deposits down on weddings. Don't book airfare. Don't pay for anything that is non refundable. Just DON'T, until there is a visa in hand. People get denied, paperwork takes a long time or gets lost. Save some stress.

That is all.

boy oh boy is this so true. I had to learn this the hard way. I am just that kind of person who likes to plann ahead. I was told to wait, but did i lesten to anyone, oh no not this woman. lol. I hate late minute preperations, but with something like this i had a very hard learning experience fom it all. I had to go back and undo some plans and it is not easy to explain to people why you had to change your plans without all the hurt that could be there because of a denial. So it is wise to wait. on the brite side. atleast have plans on paper, and somekind of a idea of how you want things to be done such as your ceremony and party. also the food and music. i have it all done, I just cant say much to anyone as far as a date. especially since i have to now go to morocco to marrry. we have planned for there some as far a guest list and photographer, where my dreses will come from and that, whose prepareing the food,and who will drive us around on that day. planning is exciting and fun and it should be, but this thing with governments can make you have to "throw some caution to the wind." you know it can be a blst to have ceremonies in both countries...lol.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You shud really leave that to people for themselves.

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.