Romabell

Visitors Visa & Working Illegaly

130 posts in this topic

I have never heard of any such law where you cannot evict someone if they stayed with you for 30 days.

The lease is in your name you are the owner or if you own the house you are the owner and it is upto you who can stay on your property.

Cop that told you has no clue - wht he is talkin (that means I can stay on someones prperty for 30 days and that gives me right to his property)

First time the cop shows up you tell them you want this person out of your house and that is job of cop to protect your property. (unless u wanna draw guns like we do in Texas ;) to protect our property)

Check your local and state tenant laws before proceeding. Every state and/or jurisdiction has a set of laws that pertain to the rights of tenants. You need to know what they are, to avoid the risk of a lawsuit for unlawfully forcing a roommate to evacuate your apartment or house.

Read more: How to Evict a Roommate | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/...l#ixzz1HRLTcn6c

For example, in Maryland:

A guest may be a visitor or a family member of the owner who has entered the premises with the owner or tenant's permission. The guest may occasionally share minor expenses, but they do not pay rent. If the guest refuses to leave when asked, then the owner or tenant may seek to evict him by filing a civil action called a Wrongful Detainer with the District Court alleging that he is the rightful occupant of the premises and that the defendant refuses to leave

Source

Just because it doesn't sound right - doesn't mean there isn't a law out there to deal with it.

I agree with everyone else saying to contact ICE - it could put your own immigration status in jeopardy.

Edited by Bobby+Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

:blush: The problem is that they will call police again. In their plan they are away ahead of me.

Last time they called police the "friend" asked the officer what happens if I change the lock.

Guess what? I do not have the right to do that :blink: That is what the police ofiicer told them.

Bullshit. It is your house. you can change the lock anytime you like. Your only responsiblity is to give them their personal belongings. They are not paying rent or tenants. They are guests and can be told to leave at any time. If they don't leave then you can report them for trespassing and they can be made to leave by the police. You need to report them to ICE and get them out of your house asap. Call the police and tell them the man is violating his tourist visa by working illegally and you want them out of your house.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Bullshit. It is your house. you can change the lock anytime you like. Your only responsiblity is to give them their personal belongings. They are not paying rent or tenants. They are guests and can be told to leave at any time. If they don't leave then you can report them for trespassing and they can be made to leave by the police. You need to report them to ICE and get them out of your house asap. Call the police and tell them the man is violating his tourist visa by working illegally and you want them out of your house.

Yeah I agre with you on this one its crazy and hey if the cops come tell them that they are here illegally and that should get the ball rolling or don't the police get involved with that sort of thing here? I would pack all their things when they are out get the locks changed and leave their stuff outside and call the police and say they a re trespassing on your property. You have been told over and over call ICE

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Call ICE and get them Deported immediately. It's obvious by the actions taken onto you that these people came here to be a burden on this society. They have no morals or principals and because of people like them, other good hard working immigrants have to go through a tougher and more strenuous immigration process than what it once was. I hate the fact that they put a child into this situation. Call ICE. Have them come to the home and wait for them with a nice, hot cup of coco. You can smile and wave goodbye as they are dragged from your home for fraud! :-)

................. these people came here to be a burden on this society. They have no morals or principals and because of people like them, other good hard working immigrants have to go through a tougher and more strenuous immigration process than what it once was. I hate the fact that they put a child into this situation.

I absolutely agree with you.

I am working hard and paying my taxes and I never had any government assistance. While they came three months ago and they already got a food stapms (because of the

baby US citizen), they owe many thousands of dollars to hospitals (which they do not intend to pay). He is working illigally and does not pay any taxes. And on the top of all, the

police defends them and asking me to do things, that I have no obligation to do (like keeping the temperature in the house above 72 degrees because of the baby and many more

ridiculous demands that my "friends" have).

I still can't believe the police is taking their side? That makes me feel like I am guilty by a presumption. It is me who is paying taxes, which is the source of the police salaries,

right?

Thank you all for your inputs. You all helped me to gain the necessary confidence that I have no other choice, but report them to ICE.

You're never beaten until you admit it.

The gall of these "friends" to take advantage of you and your hospitality.A tenant is someone who has an agreement to stay for a period of time. This agreement does not need to be in writing.I think that since they dont pay rent they are not considered as tenants and I'm not sure if eviction laws should apply on this case.I might be wrong though.

A tenant is someone who has an agreement to stay for a period of time. This agreement does not need to be in writing.If someone who is not a tenant won't leave, he is guilty of trespass. Even if he entered legally, once he is asked to leave by the owner, he can't stay.Its like having a party guest that won't leave. The owner can, if necessary, call the police.I don't understand why the cops sided with them though.

Call ICE ...Goodluck!!

Edited by earp

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Check your local and state tenant laws before proceeding. Every state and/or jurisdiction has a set of laws that pertain to the rights of tenants. You need to know what they are, to avoid the risk of a lawsuit for unlawfully forcing a roommate to evacuate your apartment or house.

Read more: How to Evict a Roommate | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/...l#ixzz1HRLTcn6c

Mind you the other person is not a roommte and is not on the lease. They have not signed a joint lease - if that the case then yes other person has the full right, and just cannot be evicted without proper court order. In OP's this person was just visiting (guest).

For example, in Maryland:

Source

Just because it doesn't sound right - doesn't mean there isn't a law out there to deal with it.

I agree with everyone else saying to contact ICE - it could put your own immigration status in jeopardy.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I absolutely agree with you.

I am working hard and paying my taxes and I never had any government assistance. While they came three months ago and they already got a food stapms (because of the

baby US citizen), they owe many thousands of dollars to hospitals (which they do not intend to pay). He is working illigally and does not pay any taxes. And on the top of all, the

police defends them and asking me to do things, that I have no obligation to do (like keeping the temperature in the house above 72 degrees because of the baby and many more

ridiculous demands that my "friends" have).

I still can't believe the police is taking their side? That makes me feel like I am guilty by a presumption. It is me who is paying taxes, which is the source of the police salaries,

right?

Thank you all for your inputs. You all helped me to gain the necessary confidence that I have no other choice, but report them to ICE.

Sorry to hear of this.. I have read all the replies.... Why is this still going on.... Are you serious?

Nuff of the long talking, the day is still young call ICE and give us the update before close of buisness....

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

People like this should be deported immediately without a hearing and they should strip the baby US citizenship as well.

Coz they grant citizenship to frauds there are more and more case like this.

You should report him to ICE immediately and that will not have any ill effect on your immigration status.

If I was in your place I would report them to ICE asap and then call police and ask police help you make this unwanted guest leave.

you no longer wish to entertain this guest and they need to find their own accommodation, they are violating their visa term and hence are illegal.

I am not sure if your local police is taking action in illegals, but thank god states like Texas, Florida, Arizona are cracking on such illegals.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Is this a purchased house or a leased residence? If it is leased contact your landlord and explain the situation. The landlord can file criminal trespass charges against them and have them removed. Problem is the lease usually has a clause stating how long your "guest" can remain in the premises, so just explain you have been nicely asking them to leave and they refuse and the police won't help you. Or go down to the county/city attorney's office and speak with them about filing a criminal trespass complaint. I feel for them as you would be putting a baby out on the street but that would beat you being deported for harboring them.

Call ICE PLEASE. The USA doesn't need anymore free loaders.

I am also assuming they aren't paying any of the bills. So's if you wanna be a hard a^^ I am sure you could live without water or electricity for a few weeks, maybe use the money you save to rent a cheap hotel or rooming house until they get the hint. The police can't order YOU to pay for utilities for THEM to live there.

I would strongly suggest you shut of at least all non-essential utilities, cable, etc. and LOCK UP all the food where they can't get it. These people are NOT your friends and you could end up in big trouble for them being there. Oh and if they call the police again just happen to mention that your "tourist" friend is working illegally.

Rub salt in the wound a little bit and ask them how they like living here illegally for the next 21 years until their child is eligible to petition for them.

Filed: Other Timeline

The child is a US citizen, whether we like it or not. Since the parents are not going to pay for the bill, it wil be picked up by the hospital and ultimately us, the taxpayers.

To avoid anchor babies (as they are commonly called), CBP is often reluctant to admit women who are 8 or 9 months pregnant to the US. Heck, airline personal is usually reluctant to allow such passengers aboard a plane.

It is highly unlikely that ICE will move on this. They are busy hunting down hardcore criminals, have little interest to deport a couple that is taking care of a newborn US citizen baby.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

O common people don't be sarcastic give them a chance to settle their immigration problem, why did you get married to a US citizen just to settle your immigration status here in the United states even though you are not 100 percent sure that your spouse loves you,common look back where you came from people...everybody is accountable through their own actions.

Timeline

O common people don't be sarcastic give them a chance to settle their immigration problem, why did you get married to a US citizen just to settle your immigration status here in the United states even though you are not 100 percent sure that your spouse loves you,common look back where you came from people...everybody is accountable through their own actions.

Sorry my friend there is no immigration problem that needs to be settled, his friends are illegal plain and simple.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Haha everyone didn't marry someone....take me out. They have been given a break... Blind? They lived for free ... not common. The have overstayed their welcome.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

What are you talking about? The poster has said nothing about their relationship having issues. This is a completely different matter involving a foreign couple who are abusing their tourist visa and taking advantage of a "friend"

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.