Romabell

Visitors Visa & Working Illegaly

130 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I just don't get it, why the OP seems unable to remove this couple out of his house?

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Well this was very well planned, they came in when she was 3- 4 month preg and might have not raised a flag at POE nor with airline as they would let someone fly who is 3 months preg.

This was very well planned attempt .

The things are really odd......

She was 8th month pregnant when they came here.

I am wondering how did she get admitted on the airplane......on the POE?

And Yes, no doubt they had a plan to stay here and live on government expense.

They are not ashamed that they are eating my money, your money, our taxpayers money......

They look happy that they got the chance to screw up the system.

They act as someone here is obligated to do things for them just because thier baby is a US citizen.

It did sicken me when I realized they are looking for a ways to receive more benefits from the

government without ever paying even one dollar in taxes.

You're never beaten until you admit it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The things are really odd......

She was 8th month pregnant when they came here.

I am wondering how did she get admitted on the airplane......on the POE?

And Yes, no doubt they had a plan to stay here and live on government expense.

They are not ashamed that they are eating my money, your money, our taxpayers money......

They look happy that they got the chance to screw up the system.

They act as someone here is obligated to do things for them just because thier baby is a US citizen.

It did sicken me when I realized they are looking for a ways to receive more benefits from the

government without ever paying even one dollar in taxes.

Yep here is your chance, call ICE and report them. If you can find number of your local ICE office that would be more effective compared to calling their central number.

Or you can complain at both and that would be even better.

I just don't get it, why the OP seems unable to remove this couple out of his house?

Because they refuse to go. They say they have no place to go, because nobody is going to rent

them an apartment or a room, because of the baby........because of lack of credit history etc........

reasons and reasons, that dont make any sense to me.

Everytime I start a talk about them leaving my house, they call police and complain that I am

harassing them, which affects the baby, as the mother is getting stressed and nervous :blink:

I am speachless, because every time I have to promisse to the cops, taht I am not going to

disturb them in any way :wacko: . Unbvelievable, unheard of. Lately I find myself wondering if the

cops are for real, if that situation in my home is for real...... Just hoping one morning I will wake

up and none of this nightmare will be here around.... I am indeed discouraged by these cops,

who are supposed to protect me and not this adventurers, who are eating my and your piece

of bread.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Drop them off at the airport?

You are coming across as a total wimp.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Yep here is your chance, call ICE and report them. If you can find number of your local ICE office that would be more effective compared to calling their central number.

Or you can complain at both and that would be even better.

That is what I need, the number of my local ICE office. I would go there in person and talk to

some officer and tell the entire story. I do not want to do this over the telephone, somehow

it doesn't seem to me very serious. I need to talk to somebody in person.

Anybody knows the NYC ICE phone number?

Timeline

Because they refuse to go. They say they have no place to go, because nobody is going to rent

them an apartment or a room, because of the baby........because of lack of credit history etc........

reasons and reasons, that dont make any sense to me.

Everytime I start a talk about them leaving my house, they call police and complain that I am

harassing them, which affects the baby, as the mother is getting stressed and nervous :blink:

I am speachless, because every time I have to promisse to the cops, taht I am not going to

disturb them in any way :wacko: . Unbvelievable, unheard of. Lately I find myself wondering if the

cops are for real, if that situation in my home is for real...... Just hoping one morning I will wake

up and none of this nightmare will be here around.... I am indeed discouraged by these cops,

who are supposed to protect me and not this adventurers, who are eating my and your piece

of bread.

Cops has no jurisdiction on private property unless a warrant has been issued by a judge, I heard if someone wreck your car in a grocery store parking lot, Cops can't do nothing about it cause its private property.

Edited by katiemanny

AOS TIMELINE

Check cashed on 12/26/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow! Where in the world did you get that information? Please provide me a link if you have one because I know plenty of mothers who were deported with their US born child/ren after facing an Immigration Judge.

least someone around here has some sense. Of course a mother or father of a US born child can be deported ...heck why not? they can send the child with them which is highly unlikely or place them with family members or with the state.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

least someone around here has some sense. Of course a mother or father of a US born child can be deported ...heck why not? they can send the child with them which is highly unlikely or place them with family members or with the state.

If the parents of US Citizen are being deported, they can always move to their parents home country and come back when they turn 18.

Edited by katiemanny

AOS TIMELINE

Check cashed on 12/26/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

That is what I need, the number of my local ICE office. I would go there in person and talk to

some officer and tell the entire story. I do not want to do this over the telephone, somehow

it doesn't seem to me very serious. I need to talk to somebody in person.

Anybody knows the NYC ICE phone number?

New York Field Office

Area of Responsibility: The five boroughs (counties of NYC) and the following counties: Duchess, Nassau, Putnam, Suffolk, Sullivan, Orange, Rockland, Ulster, and Westchester

26 Federal Plaza, Rm. 1105

New York, NY 10278

Phone: (212) 264-4213

Varick Street Facility: (212) 863-3401

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Is this a purchased house or a leased residence? If it is leased contact your landlord and explain the situation. The landlord can file criminal trespass charges against them and have them removed. Problem is the lease usually has a clause stating how long your "guest" can remain in the premises, so just explain you have been nicely asking them to leave and they refuse and the police won't help you. Or go down to the county/city attorney's office and speak with them about filing a criminal trespass complaint. I feel for them as you would be putting a baby out on the street but that would beat you being deported for harboring them.

Call ICE PLEASE. The USA doesn't need anymore free loaders.

I am also assuming they aren't paying any of the bills. So's if you wanna be a hard a^^ I am sure you could live without water or electricity for a few weeks, maybe use the money you save to rent a cheap hotel or rooming house until they get the hint. The police can't order YOU to pay for utilities for THEM to live there.

I would strongly suggest you shut of at least all non-essential utilities, cable, etc. and LOCK UP all the food where they can't get it. These people are NOT your friends and you could end up in big trouble for them being there. Oh and if they call the police again just happen to mention that your "tourist" friend is working illegally.

Rub salt in the wound a little bit and ask them how they like living here illegally for the next 21 years until their child is eligible to petition for them.

I have seen cases where this is exactly what happens with "guests" - depending on the state laws, you may be forced to provide for your "guests" till you get an eviction notice against them. (basically if you invited them in, you can't just kick them out, or "smoke" them out...)

OP should look up local laws before doing anything that opens them up to lawsuits.

Worst case, they end up with the house, with the OP paying for it...

@Harsh_77

Do not allow a guest to stay longer than two weeks (30 days at the very longest). Make this condition clear when you first allow him or her to stay. In some jurisdictions, once the guest has stayed with your for longer than 30 days, the authorities may consider him of her a tenant or lodger in a verbal "week-to-week" or "month-to-month" living arrangement. In this case, you'll have to go through the same eviction proceedings as a landlord.

Read more: How to Evict a Guest | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6474905_evict-guest.html#ixzz1HSY16EYE

I seemed to dropped this link in my OP - however, here it is.

(BTW - Had this happen to a friend of mine, took him 1 year to get rid of his "guest")

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

O common people don't be sarcastic give them a chance to settle their immigration problem, why did you get married to a US citizen just to settle your immigration status here in the United states even though you are not 100 percent sure that your spouse loves you,common look back where you came from people...everybody is accountable through their own actions.

I see you have been a member since the beginning of December last year. I am just curious if you would still be a member if you recieved the advice that you are dishing out. This website is for people to help other people, that is why it was formed. If you have nothing useful or encouraging to post post it in the off topic area, not in an area where people need help.

Can I ask from what country they are? Seems if they were from the EU they would be better off living there than here, unless there is more to the story.

They are coming from European country, which is not a member of EU.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Cops has no jurisdiction on private property unless a warrant has been issued by a judge, I heard if someone wreck your car in a grocery store parking lot, Cops can't do nothing about it cause its private property.

Nope you are wrong, parking lot is still a open property and cops have full right.

If we take you example as lead then I can kill anyone on parking lot and cops should not be able to do anything to me... :)

So when a legal tennat or home owner calls cops that somebody is trespassing on his property and he wants them removed they have to.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.