Romabell

Visitors Visa & Working Illegaly

130 posts in this topic

First they will have to prove that they are living at the address.

Second they will have to prove that their stuff is in the locked house...:)

Third even if they can prove it their stuff is in the house, police cannot just break into someones(op's) property, remember if they need to enter legally they need something called warrant...:)

Fourth the Owner of the house would have to deal with some criminal action and/or civil action.

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I know it's been said many times already but no matter what happens, you need to contact ICE.

Even if they leave your house tomorrow and you never see them again, contact ICE. Even if the police remove them from your house physically, contact ICE.

Eventually ICE will catch up with them. The last thing you want 5 or 10 years down the road is to be implicated in all this.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure if you have taken care of this but I agree that you should report them to IC. You have a responsibility and will even be criminally liable if IC finds out you are keeping illegal immigrants in your home. Some people protect their friends by not reporting but the kinds of people you let in your house are not even worthy of your attention so call and leave it to the government.

Seems the OP hasn't been active since 5 days ago.. kinda wondering what's going on.. hope he/she didn't make a wrong turn somewhere and got into trouble with either the 'guests' or the law :S

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

You cant change locks, turn off heat in NYC, turn off utilities, go on vacation and turn off utilities. No matter what the immigration situation of the unwanted guests, you cant commit crimes to get them out. If the OP takes any of that advice, you can bet NYPD will be hauling him to the clink.

He needs to go to housing court and get an eviction. She owns the home so there is no landlord to complain to. She has to do this herself and it will be successful as long as she does things by the book. Those "guests" could go and get an order of protection from the OP because of the advised harassment and then guess who would be sleeping in a hotel?.

NYPD do not care about immigration status unless a crime has been committed and working without authorization is not their jurisdiction.

You are absolutely right!

NYC's tenant law is different than any other city/state.

You're never beaten until you admit it.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
You are absolutely right!

NYC's tenant law is different than any other city/state.

So, have you taken any (legal) action to begin the eviction process and have you called ICE yet?

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Just to clarify:

1. They are not illegals. They are here on a tourist visa.

2. They are not tenants, so I can't even get an eviction order.

I"ve spent a lot of time trying to find the right way to deal with the problem, but...........

The sad truth is: They won!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have got their visa extended for another six months!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are going to get cash assistance from the city's social system to pay rent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They do not intend to look for a rental apartment. No. They want to pay rent to me???!!!!!!!! No way!

I wish I could laugh on that. It is such a shock to us! It seems we will have to take care of them until.......... eternity!

Believe it or not, that is the fact!

My husband and I now are considering the possibility of selling the house. That seems to be the most painless and

easy way to get rid of the "friends".

Thank you all for your advices.

Let me tell you this: Be careful who do you offer your compation, hospitality, house, heart, help etc.

To the moderator: Please, close this thread.

Someone is lying to someone. The city/state will not give an tourist cash assistance to pay their hotel/room/lodging bill. So I say again someone is lying to someone.

Someone is lying to someone. The city/state will not give an tourist cash assistance to pay their hotel/room/lodging bill.

I thought the same until I got a call from the city's social service, asking me if their names are so and so, if they live at my

address, and telling me that my "friedns" applied for a finanacial emergency help and that the social services are going to

mail their rent check directly to me as I am their landlord..................

What now? Who is lying? Please, keep your expert comments for yourself. Are you having fun while someoine is struggling

to get their lives back to normal? That is really sick!

Edited by Romabell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.