Romabell

Visitors Visa & Working Illegaly

130 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a friend that is here on a tourist visa. Recently he got a job.

Meanwhile he is aplaying for visa extention.

What could happen if the USCIS find out he is working illegally?

Thank you for any input.

You're never beaten until you admit it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hmmm

I will give you one guess, should not need more.

Begs the question the reason for the extension. (The VWP can not be extended so I assume we are talking about a B2)

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Deportation and a ban on reentry to the US are some of the possible consequences. The employer would face a substantial fine.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

I am sorry, I skipped some info.

My friend is here with his wife. She was 8th month pregnant when they arrived to the USA.

Arround new years she delivered a baby.

Now the baby is receiving food cupons and free medical care. They owe a huge amount

of money to the hospitals that were taking care of the baby and the baby's mother.

I was wondering if that would be a burden for them go get their stay extended?

Timeline

I would have thought the opposite would apply.

They need to leave so they can earn money to settle their debts.

Did they not have Travel Insurance?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I would have thought the opposite would apply.

They need to leave so they can earn money to settle their debts.

Did they not have Travel Insurance?

No, no travel insurance.

But if even they had one, it would not be enough to cover such a huge expense.

Timeline

In the UK the normal limit was GBP5m.

Sounds like they need to get the hell out of Dodge asap.

I have to say, coming to the US to deliver a baby without health insurance is a really bad idea - exactly for this reason. I personally think it is absolutely ridiculous that this country charges thousands of dollars for women to deliver babies in a hospital (it's also the Scandinavian in me that just cannot grasp this) - but, that's still how it is. I agree with the above - he is already working illegally, which is a visa violation. Did they come here to give birth and with the intention to try to immigrate to the US? That is also visa fraud.. He should really consider the situation and think if it is worth risking very serious consequences if they choose to stay and he continues to work illegally here. If I am not mistaken, under US constitution the baby is not entitled to US citizenship - but the parents won't be able to enjoy that privilege, and the child cannot petition for his/her parents until he/she is 21 years old.

Adjustment of Status from F-1 to Legal Permanent Resident

02/11/2011 Married at Manhattan City Hall

03/03/2011 - Day 0 - AOS -package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

03/04/2011 - Day 1 - AOS -package signed for at USCIS

03/09/2011 - Day 6 - E-mail notification received for all petitions

03/10/2011 - Day 7 - Checks cashed

03/11/2011 - Day 8 - NOA 1 received for all 4 forms

03/21/2011 - Day 18 - Biometrics letter received, biometrics scheduled for 04/14/2011

03/31/2011 - Day 28 - Successful walk-in biometrics done

05/12/2011 - Day 70 - EAD Arrived, issued on 05/02

06/14/2011 - Day 103 - E-mail notice: Interview letter mailed, interview scheduled for July 20th

07/20/2011 - Day 139 - Interview at Federal Plaza USCIS location

07/22/2011 - Day 141 - E-mail approval notice received (Card production)

07/27/2011 - Day 146 - 2nd Card Production Email received

07/28/2011 - Day 147 - Post-Decision Activity Email from USCIS

08/04/2011 - Day 154 - Husband returns home from abroad; Welcome Letter and GC have arrived in the mail

("Resident since" date on the GC is 07/20/2011

Did they come here to give birth and with the intention to try to immigrate to the US?

At the beginning they told me they are coming just for a month as tourists.

Later on I started suspecting, that they originally had an intention to stay until

the baby is born, so that the baby gains US citizenship.

And when he got the job, I already did not doubt they will stay here until......

I do not know what should I do.

The problem is that they stay with me. At first they said they will stay just a month

and then they wii leave. But now I see, that they do not have any intention to leave.

And I do not want anymore to help them in any way. I just think it is not fair what they

did.

At the beginning they told me they are coming just for a month as tourists.

Later on I started suspecting, that they originally had an intention to stay until

the baby is born, so that the baby gains US citizenship.

And when he got the job, I already did not doubt they will stay here until......

I do not know what should I do.

The problem is that they stay with me. At first they said they will stay just a month

and then they wii leave. But now I see, that they do not have any intention to leave.

And I do not want anymore to help them in any way. I just think it is not fair what they

did.

Report it? ICE number in the bottom of every page.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Report it? ICE number in the bottom of every page.

Report it?

They are not out of status.

Plus they are going to apply for visa extention.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Report it?

They are not out of status.

Plus they are going to apply for visa extention.

If you report that he is working illegally while on a B Visa and that they are applying for extensions then chances are good that they won't get the extensions and ICE will make sure they return to their country.

Do you really want ICE to find them living at your place without you being the one who called them?

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

If you report that he is working illegally while on a B Visa and that they are applying for extensions then chances are good that they won't get the extensions and ICE will make sure they return to their country.

Do you really want ICE to find them living at your place without you being the one who called them?

I do not want them to live at my place anymore since they are not going leave the USA any time soon.

At first they came as a tourists and said they would stay just a month. Then they started looking for hospital where she can deliver the baby.

Then one day he said he found a job. They started talking about staying here illigally if they can't get a visa extention. This is when I asked

them to find another place and leave my home. And taht was the beginning of my nightmare. All of a sudden they stopped acting as "friends".

They became rude and demanding. In my try to make them go I turned the temperature in the house down to 67 degrees. Guess what?

They called police and complained that the temperature is not enough for their baby. The police officer ordered me to put the heat up.

Unbelievavble, right?

I do not want this people in my house. I want them out. And I do not know what to do to get my life back to the normal. I am so sorry I ever

considered them a friends. It is obvious that they had a plan to stay here. They misleadingly obtained a tourist visa and they knew they

will do anything to stay here forever.

I am mad, very mad with myself, that I sheltered them and gave them all the possible assistance to make them feel comfortable while here.

They did misuse my hopspitality.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.