Romabell

Visitors Visa & Working Illegaly

130 posts in this topic

As mentioned before, if he is working here on a B-visa, that is visa violation. If you report him, they are not going to extend his visa, even if they wouldn't go all the way to deport him.

You should advice them that coming to the US to have a baby is really not a brilliant idea in any way - yes, the baby is granted US citizenship (though I think they would still have to apply for that somehow..), but the parents ARE NOT. Just because their baby was born here does not mean that now they can just stay - if that was the case, US would have an influx of expecting mothers entering the country to give birth. A baby born in the US does not give foreign parents any right to LPR status.

You should call ICE. Your a** might be on the line here too, since you still have to remove conditions on your GC. "Harbouring" an illegal immigrant will not help your case. Report them, and if I were you, I would tell them that I am reporting them. maybe that will get them out of your house.

Adjustment of Status from F-1 to Legal Permanent Resident

02/11/2011 Married at Manhattan City Hall

03/03/2011 - Day 0 - AOS -package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

03/04/2011 - Day 1 - AOS -package signed for at USCIS

03/09/2011 - Day 6 - E-mail notification received for all petitions

03/10/2011 - Day 7 - Checks cashed

03/11/2011 - Day 8 - NOA 1 received for all 4 forms

03/21/2011 - Day 18 - Biometrics letter received, biometrics scheduled for 04/14/2011

03/31/2011 - Day 28 - Successful walk-in biometrics done

05/12/2011 - Day 70 - EAD Arrived, issued on 05/02

06/14/2011 - Day 103 - E-mail notice: Interview letter mailed, interview scheduled for July 20th

07/20/2011 - Day 139 - Interview at Federal Plaza USCIS location

07/22/2011 - Day 141 - E-mail approval notice received (Card production)

07/27/2011 - Day 146 - 2nd Card Production Email received

07/28/2011 - Day 147 - Post-Decision Activity Email from USCIS

08/04/2011 - Day 154 - Husband returns home from abroad; Welcome Letter and GC have arrived in the mail

("Resident since" date on the GC is 07/20/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So the real problem is that you have an unwelcome house guest.

I would anticipate that it will take a few months for his extension to be declined, it is not impossible they could get an extension but usually you would need a good reason.

But you could certainly say that working is a breach of their visa conditions and compromises your own position so bye bye.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

To:

Sirdaniel42 and Mrs.Finland-USA

Sorry I forgot to update my timeline. I already removed the conditions,

but still this does not mean I am safe to shelter individuals that are violating the immigration law.

I did tell them several times that I want for them to leave my home and this is when they started

calling police on me.

How do I report them to ICE?

You're never beaten until you admit it.

So the real problem is that you have an unwelcome house guest.

That is right.

As I said, at first they were coming just for a month as a tourist and that is why I decided I can give them a shelter.

But now I see that they had a plan, that I did not know about. I need to get them out of my house, that is a must.

Timeline

Sounds like you need a locksmith.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Bottom of this page says:

ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423.

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Sounds like you need a locksmith.

:blush: The problem is that they will call police again. In their plan they are away ahead of me.

Last time they called police the "friend" asked the officer what happens if I change the lock.

Guess what? I do not have the right to do that :blink: That is what the police ofiicer told them.

Timeline

Rubbish

Where I am you can even shoot them if they try and break in.

Welcome to America.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:blush: The problem is that they will call police again. In their plan they are away ahead of me.

Last time they called police the "friend" asked the officer what happens if I change the lock.

Guess what? I do not have the right to do that :blink: That is what the police ofiicer told them.

No problem, don't call the police, call ICE

I already gave you the numbers AND e-mail

you want them out...report them

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

years ago, my best friend's little sister was pregnant and homeless. i let her stay with me. about a month in she was a nightmare, arguing constantly and in general being intolerable. i asked her to leave. she refused. she went across town to visit my best friend and i took the opportunity to bag up her things and bring them to her, at her sisters house. i carried all her stuff up three flights of steps - all the while taking care of her things. afterall, i've had known this girl since she was eight and had no intentions of ending our friendship.

she opened the door,looked at her belongings and laughed at me -saying, you can't do that, i'm calling the cops.

i laughed it off and pulled up a seat - waiting for the cops to show up thinking that since i was the person with the lease and i had only offered to let her stay till she had a job and some money (of which she had both at the time).

sure enough, the cop told me that if someone lives in your residence for 30 days - you have no legal presence to kick them out other then formally filing to have them EVICTED. i would suggest going to your local courthouse and getting a court date. that is the only way to have them removed. and i would think that getting them evicted would be much faster than waiting on their visa decision and ICE.

these are the laws in virginia, i'm not sure if the laws are the same where you are - but if the cops have backed them about the thermostat thing, and there's a baby involved, doesn't look like you have many options.

she ended up leaving on her own in a couple days. i think her sister (my friend) talked some sense in to her young head. we're friends now, more because we are all like family, but good luck to you..i know how difficult it is to have someone fault you for being a good friend.

...........and i would think that getting them evicted would be much faster than waiting on their visa decision and ICE.

In my state the eviction process takes about six months.

I thought ICE would be acting fast, don't they?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I do not want them to live at my place anymore since they are not going leave the USA any time soon.

At first they came as a tourists and said they would stay just a month. Then they started looking for hospital where she can deliver the baby.

Then one day he said he found a job. They started talking about staying here illigally if they can't get a visa extention. This is when I asked

them to find another place and leave my home. And taht was the beginning of my nightmare. All of a sudden they stopped acting as "friends".

They became rude and demanding. In my try to make them go I turned the temperature in the house down to 67 degrees. Guess what?

They called police and complained that the temperature is not enough for their baby. The police officer ordered me to put the heat up.

Unbelievavble, right?

I do not want this people in my house. I want them out. And I do not know what to do to get my life back to the normal. I am so sorry I ever

considered them a friends. It is obvious that they had a plan to stay here. They misleadingly obtained a tourist visa and they knew they

will do anything to stay here forever.

I am mad, very mad with myself, that I sheltered them and gave them all the possible assistance to make them feel comfortable while here.

They did misuse my hopspitality.

You can ask them to leave and report them to ICE for the fraud that the commited.

If police officer shows up to your house, you can tell police that you are the owner and you dont want them in your place.

Plain and simple.

I am surprised officer at POE let them in when she was pregnant, most of the times they get rejected at POE.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

years ago, my best friend's little sister was pregnant and homeless. i let her stay with me. about a month in she was a nightmare, arguing constantly and in general being intolerable. i asked her to leave. she refused. she went across town to visit my best friend and i took the opportunity to bag up her things and bring them to her, at her sisters house. i carried all her stuff up three flights of steps - all the while taking care of her things. afterall, i've had known this girl since she was eight and had no intentions of ending our friendship.

she opened the door,looked at her belongings and laughed at me -saying, you can't do that, i'm calling the cops.

i laughed it off and pulled up a seat - waiting for the cops to show up thinking that since i was the person with the lease and i had only offered to let her stay till she had a job and some money (of which she had both at the time).

sure enough, the cop told me that if someone lives in your residence for 30 days - you have no legal presence to kick them out other then formally filing to have them EVICTED. i would suggest going to your local courthouse and getting a court date. that is the only way to have them removed. and i would think that getting them evicted would be much faster than waiting on their visa decision and ICE.

these are the laws in virginia, i'm not sure if the laws are the same where you are - but if the cops have backed them about the thermostat thing, and there's a baby involved, doesn't look like you have many options.

she ended up leaving on her own in a couple days. i think her sister (my friend) talked some sense in to her young head. we're friends now, more because we are all like family, but good luck to you..i know how difficult it is to have someone fault you for being a good friend.

I have never heard of any such law where you cannot evict someone if they stayed with you for 30 days.

The lease is in your name you are the owner or if you own the house you are the owner and it is upto you who can stay on your property.

Cop that told you has no clue - wht he is talkin (that means I can stay on someones prperty for 30 days and that gives me right to his property)

First time the cop shows up you tell them you want this person out of your house and that is job of cop to protect your property. (unless u wanna draw guns like we do in Texas ;) to protect our property)

Wow.. :blink: That's so outageous! I didn't know there is law like that -> "someone lives in your residence for 30 days - you have no legal presence to kick them out other then formally filing to have them EVICTED."

Then in future I should make every guest sign a contract stipulating the length and nature of their visit!

It's so disheartening how some people will take advantage of one's good nature or willingness to help out by opening their homes.

:angry:

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

You might want to follow the advice to contact ICE In America right or wrong we do have guilt by association. And if you have pending or future petitions this could only hurt you if it goes bad.

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.