visawandering

Second K-1 Visa

110 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you for addressing my questions directly vaphuong. I am looking for reassurance in the form of a real world example, as I have said. I didn't come here for advice, I came for applicable experience. Why people who have nothing to offer say anything is beyond me. If I were to do this, I would probably want at least one case occurring that was similar before I am comfortable proceeding. Your answer does reaffirm what I thought to be true, because it is the case. Thanks again.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

From what I have read --I think (and correct me if I am wrong ) she is using u guys both . She is playing the field .She may have used the guy to get a visa to come here , then used you as a ticket to get settled and then moved on . I think the whole scheme smells ''fishy'' and quacks like a duck .To my knowledge --her fiancee can get her deported if she changes her mind about marrying him unless she voluntary goes back home within the 90 days . I think she will get a hard time the next time around at her interview (if you file for her ) . Get some good legal advise before becoming another ''sucker''. Good luck .

:thumbs: I am so with you on this smells bad to me too

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: Timeline

Why not just marry her while she is here, not have her go back, and adjust status? As long as you are both completely honest about how things transpired, I think it will work out....

family-feud-3-strikes.jpg

Please at least have some knowledge before handing out advice that could potentially bar someone from the country...

Well, this forum is also a sounding board for plans. If 9 out of 10 people on this forum (none of which are trained consular officials) say that her story sounds very strange and there is probably something else going on there, then you can be SURE that the consular official doing her interview will have many red flags raised in his or her head as well.

Please try not to take offense, but understand that walking this path could be very tricky for you and your companion. Be very careful, the consulate will most likely suspect that some kind of fraud is going on, perhaps not with you, but they will grill her.

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

To back up Jim's comment, the reason VJ is SUCH an invaluable resource to everyone here is because the users give your situation a level of scrutiny that is only going to be doubled when the beneficiary comes face-to-face with the consular officer.

WE are looking at this from an outsiders perspective, in the exact same way that the consular officer will be.

If you can address the issues that the users here are posting, then you may have a better chance at being successful with the petition.

You may not like what you hear, but if you want to succeed I would re-read ALL the posts in this thread, and bear in mind that when applying for any kind of visa, you are voluntarily opening your relationship up to governmental agencies who are SPECIFICALLY looking for fraud.

We all want you to succeed, that is why we are trying to help.

Nick (USC) and Amy (UKC)

03/08 - Met at University in Albuquerque, NM

08/08 - Back to UK for a few years of travelling UK>US!

10/10 - Wedding Day!

s88ndknc8v.png

USCIS

11/16/10: I-130 package mailed

11/18/10: Express Mail tracking shows delivered

11/23/10: Online banking shows check cleared!

11/26/10: Touched

11/29/10: NOA1 arrives!(dated as 11/18/10)

03/17/11: Touched

04/08/11: I-130 APPROVAL!!

141 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

27/04/11: Emailed Choice of Agent form

~{gap as I spent the summer in England}~

03/11/11: Paid AOS and IV fees

04/11/11: AOS and IV fees shown as PAID

08/11/11: AOS Packet sent

09/11/11: IV Packet sent

18/11/11: RFE received requesting AOS packet (which had already been sent)

21/11/11: RFE received requesting 2010 tax return

22/11/11: Sent 2010 tax return

29/11/11: CASE COMPLETE!!!

26 days through NVC

EMBASSY

10/12/11: Medical @ Bentnick Mansions

30/01/12: Interview @ 9am [APPROVED!!]

01/02/12: Passport with visa inside, and medical packet arrive via courier

02/03/12: Flight to Denver!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
:secret: Fishy!!!

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

thank you for addressing my questions directly vaphuong. I am looking for reassurance in the form of a real world example, as I have said. I didn't come here for advice, I came for applicable experience. Why people who have nothing to offer say anything is beyond me. If I were to do this, I would probably want at least one case occurring that was similar before I am comfortable proceeding. Your answer does reaffirm what I thought to be true, because it is the case. Thanks again.

I just started thinking why would the petitioner buy her a plane ticket to come here and then not show up at the airport to pick her up? Just thinking out loud. I have filed 2 previous petitions for the Philippines I too have a bad record. Where as you have a clean record. From my experience a second chance is nothing but a hassle. I actually filed and withdrew 2 fiance petitions for the 2 girls in the Philippines. It's a long story, after those 2 bad experiences. Didn't seem bad cuz I withdrew them. I decided to forget the Philippines and start fresh. I decided to look into China figuring the USCIS would see I am on a totally different country. Not filing a fiancee visa, but a spousal visa. Anyway it's expensive it's a hassle and a big delay. I am being scrutinized to the nth degree. I did nothing wrong. The first girl didn't want to come here failed the interview and told them I was committing visa fraud. I got a letter 2 years later stating that in 1-2010. I filed for my spousal Visa in 2-13-10. I got married and had a wedding in China back 11-09. The USCIS took 7 &1/2 months to approve me. My attorney was supposed to file the papers in 11-15. I called the NVC they didn't receive them yet. He had to resend them. I don't know what happened.

Whew you get one chance with the USCIS they are a tough bunch. I got interrogated in 12-10 by the Customs and border patrol & or immigrations and customs enforcement. That was my 3rd trip coming back from China for the sole purpose of visiting my wife. what a hassle. I was told I would probably be put on advance parole too. Anyhow your clean she's not. It makes it harder for you. The money you will spend on a lawyer you could buy a ticker to meet someone else file a fiance visa and have her here in 6 months. Your definetly in for a not so simple case to say the least. I am talking from experience. I have searched and read a few other similar stories here like yours. I am not saying to forget her. The CO will smell something is not right just because they can. My wife has nothing to do with the Philippines yet she's the one being punished. I made some bad decisions. I was not informed of how the whole process worked. I finally find my SO and now I have to go through hell to get her here. We will persevere. On top of all that I ended up with a lame #### lawyer. When we had the chance to get through the NVC he dropped the ball. If you did it yourself with someone else you wouldn't even need a lawyer. That's going to cost you at least $2k or more. When it's all said and done.

Timeline

I just started thinking why would the petitioner buy her a plane ticket to come here and then not show up at the airport to pick her up? Just thinking out loud. I have filed 2 previous petitions for the Philippines I too have a bad record. Where as you have a clean record. From my experience a second chance is nothing but a hassle. I actually filed and withdrew 2 fiance petitions for the 2 girls in the Philippines. It's a long story, after those 2 bad experiences. Didn't seem bad cuz I withdrew them. I decided to forget the Philippines and start fresh. I decided to look into China figuring the USCIS would see I am on a totally different country. Not filing a fiancee visa, but a spousal visa. Anyway it's expensive it's a hassle and a big delay. I am being scrutinized to the nth degree. I did nothing wrong. The first girl didn't want to come here failed the interview and told them I was committing visa fraud. I got a letter 2 years later stating that in 1-2010. I filed for my spousal Visa in 2-13-10. I got married and had a wedding in China back 11-09. The USCIS took 7 &1/2 months to approve me. My attorney was supposed to file the papers in 11-15. I called the NVC they didn't receive them yet. He had to resend them. I don't know what happened.

Whew you get one chance with the USCIS they are a tough bunch. I got interrogated in 12-10 by the Customs and border patrol & or immigrations and customs enforcement. That was my 3rd trip coming back from China for the sole purpose of visiting my wife. what a hassle. I was told I would probably be put on advance parole too. Anyhow your clean she's not. It makes it harder for you. The money you will spend on a lawyer you could buy a ticker to meet someone else file a fiance visa and have her here in 6 months. Your definetly in for a not so simple case to say the least. I am talking from experience. I have searched and read a few other similar stories here like yours. I am not saying to forget her. The CO will smell something is not right just because they can. My wife has nothing to do with the Philippines yet she's the one being punished. I made some bad decisions. I was not informed of how the whole process worked. I finally find my SO and now I have to go through hell to get her here. We will persevere. On top of all that I ended up with a lame #### lawyer. When we had the chance to get through the NVC he dropped the ball. If you did it yourself with someone else you wouldn't even need a lawyer. That's going to cost you at least $2k or more. When it's all said and done.

One attorney suggested that we 'reset' the beginning of our relationship to several months after she gets back. Have her send a letter to the consulate explaining why she did not go through with the marriage. Then visit her next January and apply for the K-1 when I return.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

as is evidenced through my subtle allusions to the 'arrangement' of the K-1 visa petitioner with a member her family, he is not a man in love. and, as i have said, none of this was planned. these are the parts where you should pay more attention...

oh..did I miss something??..we were just trying to explain things and give you some thoughts to ponder..if you ever felt that we might not be helping you, we shouldn't have waste our time responding.. :ot2: ohh btw, here's more since you said that we "should" pay attention...hmmm..I'll take risk to what I perceived that has happened..I'm not psychic but it's somehow possible...here's the scenario..you mentioned on your past post that you even gave her your consent to marry the man(as far as I can remember)..wow, are you that important to her??...hmm, it made me think, you know, the same thing scam girls do, marry their petitioner then find a way to divorce them, applied for her GC and get marry again with the person they really love..simple as using another person just to get what she wants..made me think that the original petitioner was able to find out regarding her intentions or maybe caught her...sorry to say this but it really make us wonder how come she will still keep your address/phone #..and oh btw, she's so lucky coz the man whom she will get marry also lives closer to where you live at least it was easy for you to get to the airport when she called..& you're having a great time dating now..btw, does she have a round trip ticket or you will be the one paying for her ticket back..if you really do care for her, you could have just tell her to go back to Phil as soon as she can..then she can notify the embassy regarding what her petitioner did to her(if she was telling the truth)..then maybe, you can start having a new relationship together..you can't use as evidence of meeting the times when you are together now since the USCIS knew that she should be there spending that time with the petitioner and get married...it's not too late if you want to start a "genuine relationship"..after maybe a few months,then after you can visit her in Phil, you can file for I-129F..by that time, the embassy will not see any fraud and you may be able to use your old emails, chatlogs..which shows that you met for quite long already then didn't work, then you get acquainted again..there's been alot of cases like this before & they were able to get approval again...

we're not here to judge..we all have been through with the same difficulties of these visa petitions..we are here to share & learn from others...it's really sad to know that people doesn't care at all whether they step into or hurt other people just to get what they want(KARMA knocks sometimes..better watch out..)..as to the OP, you seem to know the answers to your questions..why won't you just stop asking then..we really hope & pray you find solution to your problems..we are here to help and we are sorry if we ever made you feel bad..God bless you!!.. :)

P.S. - to the admin..when it comes to respect, I have respect for everyone as I do for myself..I don't have any intentions to insult the OP with regards to the statements I wrote above..I was just explaining because he tends to question each member's attentiveness regarding his post..hoping for your understanding..Thank you. -Maria :bonk::)

* K1 Journey

2009-12-09 -met online

2009-23-09 -became a couple(was so happy:)

2010-21-03 -visited Philippines(spent wonderful times together)

2010=27-03 -engaged(Yes!!)

2010-09-04 -went back to US :(

2010-29-04 -Filed I-29F

2010-04-05 -Received NOA1

2010-12-07 -NOA2 approved

2010-18-07 -Received NOA2 hardcopy

2010-26-07 -US Embassy(Manila) received our petition!!..(yahoo!!)

2010-04-08 -HAPPY BDAY MATT!!

2010-18-08 -Medical Exam-PASSED!!..God is so good!!

2010-26-08 -Interview @ USEmbassy- APPROVED( Thank you Lord!)

2010-03-09 -Got my Visa in Hand!!..Yepey..Thank God!!..

2010-17-09 -POE:SFO,CA

2010-23-10 -Wedding @ Springfield, MO

* AOS Journey

2010-07-12 -Filed for AOS & EAD(USPS Express Mail)

2010-08-12 -USCIS received the package

2010-14-12 -Received text & email from USCIS that they accepted our AOS & EAD Application..HAPPY BDAY MARIA!!

2010-20-12 -Got our NOA1 letters in the mail for our I-485 & I-765...A wonderful Christmas gift for us!!

2011-19-01 -Received Biometrics schedule!!

2011-07-02 -Biometrics done!!..thanked God!!

2011-17-03 -AOS Interview..APPROVED!!

2011-24-03 -GREENCARD received!!..it's green indeed!!..lol..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
One attorney suggested that we 'reset' the beginning of our relationship to several months after she gets back. Have her send a letter to the consulate explaining why she did not go through with the marriage. Then visit her next January and apply for the K-1 when I return.

Okay I am going to be a bit more direct.

1. Using this current visit as the basis for applying for the K1 is not good and the risk of denial is high

2. Using another a subsequent visit is MUCH better and I think this raises your chances of success

Just to elaborate on the above. Meeting on her failed K1 isn't the issue, as friends that's not a problem, it's meeting on that failed K1 and then applying immediately and with hardly any other "new" relationship evidence. I personally think it looks much better that she arrived, you flew to her aide, you chatted and got closer, then you waited and spoke more, revisted her and THAT'S when you decided you definitely had something special. It's at that stage that using the previous friendship stuff is fine. You've known her a while and that's good, but it was never extremely romantic (based on what you posted previously).

3. As Jim stated, Manilla does NOT appreciate co-sponsors for K1 visas but they are sometimes accepted.

The "sometimes" are usually when someone was/is a student and their co-sponsor signs an I-864 (because it's binding). The reason for that is they know the income should get better.

4. How long to wait? I would wait until you have visited her yourself. It gives you time to really decide if you want to be with her.

In all honestly though it will be very suspicious to them (even after waiting to file), that she arrived on the K1 and nothing came of it BUT as long as she doesn't overstay, she hasn't done anything wrong. Sometimes relationships fail but she didn't exploit it by trying to overstay. Or marrying someone else.

Good luck though. You might be up for a LONG ride.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
To back up Jim's comment, the reason VJ is SUCH an invaluable resource to everyone here is because the users give your situation a level of scrutiny that is only going to be doubled when the beneficiary comes face-to-face with the consular officer.

WE are looking at this from an outsiders perspective, in the exact same way that the consular officer will be.

If you can address the issues that the users here are posting, then you may have a better chance at being successful with the petition.

You may not like what you hear, but if you want to succeed I would re-read ALL the posts in this thread, and bear in mind that when applying for any kind of visa, you are voluntarily opening your relationship up to governmental agencies who are SPECIFICALLY looking for fraud.

We all want you to succeed, that is why we are trying to help.

This post in particular, rivaled by the posts of Jim, Mari, Maria, and others, merits enshrinement in the pantheon of All-Time VJ Posts.

Lloyd, please look at the "+1" totals on the above people's posts. It's not just an inbred, prejudiced, or closed-minded crowd that's reading this thread; it's a large (perhaps largely silent) audience of VJ members, many of whom are speaking with their votes rather than posting full comments.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

I’m going to call you out so you understand why so many good, honest and genuine VJ members could not answer you directly. Also, so you own your own behavior and part in this with mature accountability. Since reading your post and replies, it leaves me with a heavy heart to see the veil over your eyes and for this I'm very sorry.

Many like as Jim, Vanessa, Maria, T-Bone, Amy & Nick, gave much effort to answer you in regards to meeting the K1 requirements and the time suggestions so as to develop your relationship. From what I read (and where it gets sticky), members attempted to answer you and requested detailed information. Some raised a plethora of questions about the information you listed in post#1. Several said inquiry and scrutiny would be raised not only by this community but from the CO to the nth degree! That was not pointed solely at you, but anyone who is requesting a Visa.

I feel it has been unwarranted to use admonishment and chastise in a poised manner towards posters accusing us for not paying attention to your subtle-allusions (post#70), your subtexts (post#57), and unwillingness to provide detailed information (post #18).

You know what? We were.

At first, I could not fathom why anyone would become so defensive when we asked for more details, until you told me (post#55) that it should be obvious that you are “speaking in the hypothetical.”

This whole time the original post was hypothetical and yet you never stated that DIRECTLY to US. You assumed we would 'just know'. The thread carried on alluding to the fact that your situation was indeed reality; therefore, we were left to believe you and the statements you published. How could we answer anything directly and to your satisfaction if you made up the rules as we went along? And by YOUR judgment over us, we were verbally punished to make up for our lack of understanding, inequities, or as you put it, ill-informed misinterpretation.

How unfair and really, I see it as badgering the greater VJ community members who were truthfully and sincerely trying to help you. Yet as many said, it doesn’t fail the constant process that continues to come to mind: Is this relationship entirely hypothetical and a sham of premeditated fraud for a Visa? Sorry, not judgment but most likely the same question the CO will ask by deduction of information you’re providing. (Hypothetical or not)

Lastly, I asked you if you were also superlloyd because I thought somebody could edit our posts besides us. Since your OP name is Visawandering and I kept seeing superlloyd editing beneath your replies, even that was bit confusing. That was not meant as an insult but an attempt to gain understanding of VJ navigation. I looked up the profile out of curiosity. I found these:

• superlloyd, Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:10 PM

My ex-wife has a restraining order on me from 10 years ago when I plead guilty to a charge of aggravated assault. Will I still have a chance of bringing my fiancee over on a K-1 from the Philippines? Is this the same girl as you hypothetically speak of who is with you now?

• superlloyd, on 06 January 2011 - 03:49 PM, said:

does anyone have any knowledge of a person here on a K-1 visa that married someone other than the petitioner, applied for a CR-1 with the new spouse and went back to their country within the 90 day period successfully obtaining the CR-1? <BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

A very well respected VJ member answered that for you. I hope you got what you needed. But as Maria says above, reminds me of what scammers would do. To my knowledge, Visa Fraud is a Federal Offense and in my humble opinion a mockery of the Country we love and live in.

Now, you say we do not pay attention and I would go so far to say that few more looked at those postings too. But from that series of questions you posted last year and the other day, and the lack of information you give in this thread, accusing us consistently while trying to answer you, both of those in addition to this thread appear as calculating to me. Now is it that difficult for you to grasp why so many were confused and needed clarification?

I don’t take to well to abuse, verbal or other, and I will defend those whom you reprimanded because this VJ media is invaluable to so many. While you and your friend hypothetically visit one another, the rest of us live in reality and are very serious about our Visa Journeys. We are in love with our beneficiary or petitioner. We are authentic people involved in legitimate, committed relationships. The support and friendships made around the world should be respected and an example to you of the innocent people you freely and sharply rebuke! We were being honest to help answer your post, hypothetical or not. We respect(ed) you even if you did not respect the rest of us. Understand?

Maybe you should pay attention… to your behavior. Please note* THAT was the only thing direct and obvious.

Mari

PS: I forgot to mention, several of us have very forgiving hearts. Now why don’t you really come join a very supportive community with pleasant attitude so that maybe you can be with your beloved… legally?

hypothetical as in a possible eventuality; not a fictional situation. just...hilarious.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hypothetical as in a possible eventuality; not a fictional situation. just...hilarious.

Don't be a hater, just accept your behavior!!!!!!!!

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.