visawandering

Second K-1 Visa

110 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have been talking to a filipina online for several years. Getting together/eventual marriage was only discussed as a possibility. She decided to marry another man and told me of this. I accepted the situation although her marriage was primarily for stability. I am student, he makes a very good living. Also, I have yet to get the money to see her in person as well. Although she had many reservations about the marriage, she came here to follow through with it. He did not show up to the airport when she arrived and was unavailable by phone. She called the only other person she knew in the country and I flew out to pick her up. She has been staying with me and decided not to marry the other guy. We have started dating. As long as things continue to go well, I believe we would like to get married. She will be leaving before her 90 days is up on her K-1 visa. My quesiton is about the possibility of myself applying for a second K-1 visa for her once she returns. Is this possible? Are there any actual examples of this being successful? Is there an issue with her deciding so quickly that he was not the right man for her, even though his behavior may have justified it. I feel like our meeting in person while she is on another person's K-1 will be a problem. Should I wait a specific amount of time to file the K-1 or will I be successful filing it immediately? Her first K-1 was filed in June of 2010. Should we reveal our prior relationship in our application or claim we met for the first time while she was here? I realize I have asked a lot of questions. Thank you in advance for your help.

Yeah, why not? I don't see anything to worry about here. There are lots of examples

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

One attorney suggested that we 'reset' the beginning of our relationship to several months after she gets back. Have her send a letter to the consulate explaining why she did not go through with the marriage. Then visit her next January and apply for the K-1 when I return.

Sure. Misrepresent, thats it.

Lookie here, first, RUN from any attorney that advises you lie. 2nd, if you even think you have to lie to support the reasoning of a relationship, RUN from the relationship

If you are in love with each other and want to get married...go for it. There are about 800,000 other Filipinas, FYI and if you are going to go there maybe you could meet some of them also. Just sayin'

Gary And Alla

Timeline

like?

Like? read the law, There is no restriction on how many people can apply for a K-1 for her. Someone applied for her, she arrived and did not marry him and she went (or will go) back. Where is the problem? she meets someone lese while she is here. That person files for her. And what? Yes, I worked with one exact (sort of) same situation from Ukraine. The Ukrainian woman arrived and met the man that petitioned her, after a few weeks she decided not to marry him and left him. Before she went back she met and MARRIED another man. She returned to Ukraine and he filed for a CR-1 which was granted and she is now here.

The only difference is the airport pick up. Were it me I would want to talk to the original petitioner and ask him why he did all that and then did not pick her up at the airport. Strange.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Like? read the law, There is no restriction on how many people can apply for a K-1 for her. Someone applied for her, she arrived and did not marry him and she went (or will go) back. Where is the problem? she meets someone lese while she is here. That person files for her. And what? Yes, I worked with one exact (sort of) same situation from Ukraine. The Ukrainian woman arrived and met the man that petitioned her, after a few weeks she decided not to marry him and left him. Before she went back she met and MARRIED another man. She returned to Ukraine and he filed for a CR-1 which was granted and she is now here.

The only difference is the airport pick up. Were it me I would want to talk to the original petitioner and ask him why he did all that and then did not pick her up at the airport. Strange.

reading the law is not an example. nor is the 'law' practiced in reality. thank you for the actual example, though. i have decided that we will not marry while she is, even if the relationship progresses.

Timeline

reading the law is not an example. nor is the 'law' practiced in reality. thank you for the actual example, though. i have decided that we will not marry while she is, even if the relationship progresses.

If you want other examples...

The Philippines is considered a high fraud consulate. It is extremely unusual for a person to petition someone, go through all the procedure, buy them a ticket and not show up at the airport to meet them. If she did a runner on him, ditched him at the airport and called you instead...would you want to know that?

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Really? Did you just say that the law is not practiced in reality? And which reality is it that you reside in? Because where I come from, in this particular reality, we have a judicial system, and law is practiced daily, including all government branches, including but not limited to the Department of Home Land Security. That being said, the above statements which you have made present themselves in such a manner that one can only percieve this entie situation, (I understand you state it is a hypothetical situation) to be a seemingly fraudulent one.

The basic point here is:

1. You presented factual information that was neither factual or true. You have provided us with only hypothetical type situations.

2. You need to look at the basic facts, do you really believe and understand she, your girlfriend, is telling you surrounding the whole situation as I find it a bit odd and unbelievable that the OP would go through all trouble to bring here here, especially considering the controls around the Filipino government, only to leave her high and dry at the airport.

3. I am glad you understand and that you agree with and find value in the information provided by Mari on post # 73

4. You continue to rebute other members on this site, however the information you provide and the statements you make are simply ludicrous. Again, I will reference your last post, "reading the law is not an example. nor is the law practiced in reality."

Clearly stated, we have been round and round with you concerning your initial request for information to which you have rudly and with conflicting statements attacked other member of the VJ community. It would be appreciated at this point if you would take the time to consider whether your sitation is real or not and truly take into consideration whether the information your "girlfriend" has provided you make sense. That being said, it does not seem necessary to me for you to continue with this post because any information provided to you is being utilized by you only for the puposes of attacking other members and quite frankly driving us crazy!

Good luck in your reality bubble wherever that may be, I hope sometime soon you can take the information provided in this form to heart and realize that people that were simply only trying to help you and answer your questions. No one here deserved the unfair treatment you have served upon them.

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

So this woman, who was carrying on with a relationship with another man, while she's planning to marry another, you want this woman? Good luck with that; maybe you'll be left on the curb like the last man.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Really? Did you just say that the law is not practiced in reality? And which reality is it that you reside in? Because where I come from, in this particular reality, we have a judicial system, and law is practiced daily, including all government branches, including but not limited to the Department of Home Land Security. That being said, the above statements which you have made present themselves in such a manner that one can only percieve this entie situation, (I understand you state it is a hypothetical situation) to be a seemingly fraudulent one.

The basic point here is:

1. You presented factual information that was neither factual or true. You have provided us with only hypothetical type situations.

2. You need to look at the basic facts, do you really believe and understand she, your girlfriend, is telling you surrounding the whole situation as I find it a bit odd and unbelievable that the OP would go through all trouble to bring here here, especially considering the controls around the Filipino government, only to leave her high and dry at the airport.

3. I am glad you understand and that you agree with and find value in the information provided by Mari on post # 73

4. You continue to rebute other members on this site, however the information you provide and the statements you make are simply ludicrous. Again, I will reference your last post, "reading the law is not an example. nor is the law practiced in reality."

Clearly stated, we have been round and round with you concerning your initial request for information to which you have rudly and with conflicting statements attacked other member of the VJ community. It would be appreciated at this point if you would take the time to consider whether your sitation is real or not and truly take into consideration whether the information your "girlfriend" has provided you make sense. That being said, it does not seem necessary to me for you to continue with this post because any information provided to you is being utilized by you only for the puposes of attacking other members and quite frankly driving us crazy!

Good luck in your reality bubble wherever that may be, I hope sometime soon you can take the information provided in this form to heart and realize that people that were simply only trying to help you and answer your questions. No one here deserved the unfair treatment you have served upon them.

too bad there are no iq tests to get a visa...

So this woman, who was carrying on with a relationship with another man, while she's planning to marry another, you want this woman? Good luck with that; maybe you'll be left on the curb like the last man.

that is not what happened; it's all there in the words...

If you want other examples...

The Philippines is considered a high fraud consulate. It is extremely unusual for a person to petition someone, go through all the procedure, buy them a ticket and not show up at the airport to meet them. If she did a runner on him, ditched him at the airport and called you instead...would you want to know that?

you are still confused about what 'example' means, tsk, tsk.

Timeline

Best of luck to you and your...fiancee(?) However it turns out...it will have no affect on me one way or t'other.

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

OMG, visawandering why are you here? You are so arrogant and have shown no humility whatsoever! How do you expect for blessings to come your way if you speak to people with such disrespect? You are reminding me of my 6 year old, when he doesn't get exactly what he wants when he wants it g\he has a little tantrum. You keep asking for examples, time frames, etc. and when you hear something you don't like you throw insults. Whateve game you are playing you need yo stop. You could very well be discouraging newcomers who are greatly in need of this site. ISearch your heart and them seek God's face in there you will find your answer...stop being so mean...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Best of luck to you and your...fiancee(?) However it turns out...it will have no affect on me one way or t'other.

Well I would say he/her planned on using this other Gentleman for his, money to apply and get her a visa, a plane ticket to the U.S. I believe she ditched him at the airport by telling him she wasn't coming here or something like it. I doubt he just didn't show up, she made him not show up. Either he found her out or she said something to the effect she wasn't coming after he bought her the ticket. The whole story smells...

Anyway I am surprised he didn't like your idea of marrying her here and then applying for a CR1 not a bad idea. Seems like those 2 are made for each other. The first guy is going to get the same scrutiny I am after her shenanigans. One of the red flags is why if you can't afford to travel or can't travel, are you even on an international dating web site?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

OMG, visawandering why are you here? You are so arrogant and have shown no humility whatsoever! How do you expect for blessings to come your way if you speak to people with such disrespect? You are reminding me of my 6 year old, when he doesn't get exactly what he wants when he wants it g\he has a little tantrum. You keep asking for examples, time frames, etc. and when you hear something you don't like you throw insults. Whateve game you are playing you need yo stop. You could very well be discouraging newcomers who are greatly in need of this site. ISearch your heart and them seek God's face in there you will find your answer...stop being so mean...

TJ Thank you for this! I agree with you completely!!!

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

Well I would say he/her planned on using this other Gentleman for his, money to apply and get her a visa, a plane ticket to the U.S. I believe she ditched him at the airport by telling him she wasn't coming here or something like it. I doubt he just didn't show up, she made him not show up. Either he found her out or she said something to the effect she wasn't coming after he bought her the ticket. The whole story smells...

Anyway I am surprised he didn't like your idea of marrying her here and then applying for a CR1 not a bad idea. Seems like those 2 are made for each other. The first guy is going to get the same scrutiny I am after her shenanigans. One of the red flags is why if you can't afford to travel or can't travel, are you even on an international dating web site?

Those thoughts would cross my mind also and I would just want to know. I know there have been a few cases where people had a last minute change of mind...even after plane tickets were bought. How many posts have we seen here of people wanting out after the visa is issued and asking how they can keep their fiancee OUT of the US? I have seen a lot of those. So maybe it was already OFF. Maybe not. But personally I would not want anything to do with a woman that would do that to someone. I can't apply that judgement to some other adult though.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.