Jun&Scheillo

How can I let the USCIS know what I think of them

97 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Other than the VJ website where we filers share our thoughts during this journey. I really have some things on my chest that I would like to share with geniuses that run the USCIS. Apparently, they don't care to accept our evaluations and I feel that they already know what we think of them.

Professionalism, in my book, is another way of using the word 'Honor'. without honor, we the human kind have no responsibility to strive for anything good. A man with no honor will say something today and forgets before sun goes down, simply because he does not have will to keep his word. Same for a Company or an Institution of some kind that should run by a team of professionals. Usually their goal is to maintain a certain level of professionalism in order to achieve a good reputation.

The problem with the USCSI is that it runs below the standards of professionalism, therefore we can not expect real solutions. We just pay the big bucks-and I mean some of us have overpaid and go wait for God knows how long.

There should be no reason for any of us to have to wait 1 day more than what was posted 5months/150days. The extention was already overbearing.

I really don't find this amusing anymore!!

Even when we get the visa, It won't be the same anymore, It's been a real turn off!!

Even when we get the visa, It won't be the same anymore, It's been a real turn off!!

It won't be the same anymore? I think that speaks of deeper issues rather than just unhappiness with USCIS. Yes, it's a garbage process and doesn't work nearly as smoothly as it should for the amount of money we pay for it ... but we're all working towards the same goal and that's to be with our loved ones.

Personally, as soon as I get my Visa in hand, I won't give two craps about USCIS. Yes, I'll still have to deal with them for my AOS but who cares? I'll be home in the US with my love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Other than the VJ website where we filers share our thoughts during this journey. I really have some things on my chest that I would like to share with geniuses that run the USCIS. Apparently, they don't care to accept our evaluations and I feel that they already know what we think of them.

Professionalism, in my book, is another way of using the word 'Honor'. without honor, we the human kind have no responsibility to strive for anything good. A man with no honor will say something today and forgets before sun goes down, simply because he does not have will to keep his word. Same for a Company or an Institution of some kind that should run by a team of professionals. Usually their goal is to maintain a certain level of professionalism in order to achieve a good reputation.

The problem with the USCSI is that it runs below the standards of professionalism, therefore we can not expect real solutions. We just pay the big bucks-and I mean some of us have overpaid and go wait for God knows how long.

There should be no reason for any of us to have to wait 1 day more than what was posted 5months/150days. The extention was already overbearing.

I really don't find this amusing anymore!!

Im 100% with you on this.. ill be at 6 months this saturday and have been given nothing in way of explanation as to why its taken so long.. This should have been an exciting time but instead its been frustrating and painful.. I understand what the last poster said but i won't forget all of this.. not just because it soured my experience but due to the fact nothings going to change and thousands more will go through the same thing..

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

I didn't say I would forget it. I said it wouldn't really matter anymore in the big picture. It's just a hurdle we have to jump over to start our lives the way we want to. It's probably not even the most stressful thing we'll go through in our relationships, to be honest.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

you have to remember that its a governmental art at work that is an equal opportunity :whistle: employer

many of us have suffered at the hands of the service centers and our petitions dragged on with out the visa coming even after the interview ........tell them what you think will not help your case all you can do is try to change it be lobbing or what ever makes you feel like your getting something done.......your in my prayers

sara

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh, I could do a lot with this. As many of you who have been reading my stinging comments know, I liken the USCIS to something from George Orwell's novel 1984.

But I have to restrain myself at this time, as I cannot lose sight of my primary responsibility, which is to secure the visa in the shortest amount of time possible.

Once I am beyond the reach of the USCIS's icy grip of death, I will have much more to say.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

Here is the contact information if you want to provide your feedback to the CSC.

"To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Center Director at

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

California Service Center

24000 Avila Rd, 2nd Floor

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677"

======================================================================

K-1 Process

09/03/2010 - NOA1

02/02/2011 - NOA2 text message and an email (~5 months later)

04/26/2011 - Interview! Visa APPROVED and issued! yAAAy

05/20/2011 - POE: LAX

06/03/2011 - Wedding!!

07/07/2011 - Adilet got his SSN!

AOS Process

07/11/2011 - Sent our AOS package (AOS & EAD)

07/13/2011 - NOA1 text message and an email

08/09/2011 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2011 - Email notification that our interview is set for October 14.

09/23/2011 - Email notification that Adilet's EAD is in production.

10/04/2011 - EAD in hands.

10/14/2011 - Interview. GC APPROVED on the spot! Yeah!

11/01/2011 - GC in hands

04/03/2012 - Our beautiful baby girl is born!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Here is VSC + some:

We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, we would like to know. If we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know that as well. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to the Center Director, at:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 1000

Saint Albans, Vermont 05479.

Note in the heading of the letter and on the envelope: "FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF THE DIRECTOR."

If you feel you were mistreated by a USCIS employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by a USCIS employee, you may write to the Center Director, or write directly to the:

Director, Office of Internal Audit

425 Eye Street, NW

Room 3260

Washington, DC 20536

Please be specific and reference specific case numbers and dates to provide the best way for us to understand and assess your complaint.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

What a great opportunity to say something unpopular!

According to the latest census, there are currently about 310,828,691 people living in the US. Although the Census doesn't tell you how many of those are of Russian descent (if this is what rocks your boat), it's fair to assume that there are more potentially suitable spouses for you than you can possibly check out in your lifetime.

The US Government does not regulate who you can marry, as long as it's a human being (no space robots, no animals) of the opposite gender. What you asked the US Government (not the State) for is to import yet another foreigner from a country that was the US's largest enemy for a very long time, shortly after a Russian Spy ring was exposed.

It is only reasonable for a government, any government, to secure its country's borders and make sure that no unauthorized aliens can enter it or live with it. The US Government takes this mandate very seriously.

:rofl:

Bob, your response seems very harsh and uncaring. The writer was sharing his sense of despair, anger and hopelessness. The truth is that it is very, very, very difficult to be in a situation that you have no control over. And even worse....no information from the "powers that be".

Personally I thought his post was very well written and can relate to what he wrote. If that invokes a 2nd harsh response from you, so be it.

2/1980 – foreign exchange student to Santiago Chile

3/80 – Met Daniel at school

4/80 – we became high school sweethearts

2/81 – returned to the USA, Daniel arrived late at the airport to say goodbye

1981 – 2009 - Life happens. We both married others and divorced

7/23/2009 – Daniel found me via classmates.com

9/18/09 – Traveled to Chile to spend time with Daniel

10/09 – engaged!!

11/10/09 – returned to the USA

1/10 – Daniel began gathering his paperwork to start the K1

2/10 – earthquake in Chile delays everything

3/10 – went to Chile for less than a week

6/10 – received Daniels paperwork, started preparing K1

7/10 – K1 refused due to typo

8/12/10 – received NOA1!!

2/2/2011 - Received NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

According to the latest census, there are currently about 310,828,691 people living in the US. Although the Census doesn't tell you how many of those are of Russian descent (if this is what rocks your boat), it's fair to assume that there are more potentially suitable spouses for you than you can possibly check out in your lifetime.

The US Government does not regulate who you can marry, as long as it's a human being (no space robots, no animals) of the opposite gender. What you asked the US Government (not the State) for is to import yet another foreigner from a country that was the US's largest enemy for a very long time, shortly after a Russian Spy ring was exposed.

It is only reasonable for a government, any government, to secure its country's borders and make sure that no unauthorized aliens can enter it or live with it. The US Government takes this mandate very seriously.

That was ridiculous. I completely understand why people come here illegally and have no problem with it anymore. This country was founded by immigrants. Ask any american where their ancestors hail from! We are all immigrants!!! Securing the borders is one thing that obviously needs to be done, but to make it a reasonable process to come here legally is something that needs to be done first and foremost. The OP nailed it on the head. His post reminded me of my favorite episode of "The Twilight Zone" titled "The Obsolete Man". I would recommend anyone watching it, you will see the similarities. As for you Mr. Bob and people like you, illegals, legals and all people are only seeking means to better their lives and the lives of their families. It is amazing to me how many people think like this, looking so harshly at those trying to simply better their situation. The government is tearing apart families and in so doing is worsening the economy and weakening one of the greatest countries in the world. I am not from Utah but recently I came across one measure their government is taking to push for reasonable immigration reform. It is called the Utah Compact and is a great start at what this country needs to focus on. http://www.utahcompact.com/ I would refer anyone who seeks changes in USCIS to it as well as anyone who wishes to bring families together, the right way. We all just want the same thing, progress! I've said my peace.

09/21/10 - I-129F Sent!

09/23/10 - I-129F Received in Dallas, TX

09/28/10 - Text & E-mail NOA1 (It was at 12:44AM, weird) Notification that our case was transferred to VSC.

09/29/10 - Check cashed

09/30/10 - NOA-1 Hard Copy dated Sep. 27, 2010

10/03/10 - TOUCH!

After numerous calls to USCIS, my two Texas Senators and a Congressman, the latter got an "expedite" put through (if you can call a month and a week after ONPT an expedite). Just never let up! Even though mine took way too long, there were people who were a month before me and waited longer because they just sat back and watched. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!"

03/31/11 - NOA-2!

04/05/11 - Received NOA-2 hard copy.

04/07/11 - NVC Received

04/12/11 - Case left NVC via DHL

04/14/11 - Consulate Received Hard Copy of Case

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

" Before we let you marry her, we need to find some things out. "

Respectfully ... no they are not saying anything of the sort.

You are free to marry anyone you want. But your spouse is bound by the laws of The United States of America and he or she needs a visa in order to enter legally. Let's try to remember that these visas are a benefit (not a right) of OUR citizenship and NOT a right that is given to our Fiancées or spouses. If they tried to apply for one themselves it would take years to get ... if ever.

We all remember the frustrations and pain of waiting for our loved ones. Keep your eye on the prize... the day will come. Once it does, all the frustration you feel towards USCIS will dissipate.

Then get ready for AOS! I found it a much easier process and the fact that your loved one is with you makes it a much less painful experience.

Hang in there.

K-1 / K-2 Timeline:
02/02/2010 - Sent I-129F
02/04/2010 - NOA1
05/06/2010 - NOA2
07/13/2010 - Consulate Interview - APPROVED
07/17/2010 - POE (JFK)

07/30/2010 - MARRIED!

AOS-EAD Timeline:
08/29/2010 - AOS-EAD sent
09/08/2010 - NOA1
09/17/2010 - Biometrics
11/06/2010 - EAD card received
11/08/2010 - AOS interview - GC's APPROVED
11/19/2010 - Green Cards Arrived

After two amazing years together....

ROC Timeline:
08/10/2012 - ROC sent
08/14/2012 - NOA1
08/27/2012 - Biometrics

05/01/2013 - ROC - APPROVED

05/06/2013 - Green Cards Arrived

Citizenship:

08/31/2013 - N-400 sent

09/04/2013 - NOA1

09/27/2013 - Biometrics

10/08/2013 - In-Line

11/13/2013 - Interview

12/13/2013 - Oath -- Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Bob, your response seems very harsh and uncaring. The writer was sharing his sense of despair, anger and hopelessness. The truth is that it is very, very, very difficult to be in a situation that you have no control over. And even worse....no information from the "powers that be".

Personally I thought his post was very well written and can relate to what he wrote. If that invokes a 2nd harsh response from you, so be it.

Absolutely agree with you 100% Carla1.. That was harsh Bob.. The guy is in pain like the rest of us and put his point across really well..

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Timeline

Yea, our government has been sooooo good at doing that. Hell, they told ICE to stop deporting illegals at one point who got arrested by county/state police...The government causes more problems when it comes to immigration than it helps. Our borders right now are as porous as a sponge.

Edited by Blob18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.