Jun&Scheillo

How can I let the USCIS know what I think of them

97 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I was drawn to her and to everything about her. And when we met, I knew this was the woman who would be my wife. I courted her, we fell in love, and then I proposed marriage.

But wait a moment, said the State. We need to check this person out. Before we let you marry her, we need to find some things out. We need to know if she is an enemy of the State. We need to know if she might become an enemy of the State. We need to know if she is healthy and fit enough to contribute to the State. And we need to know if her morals meet the standards set by the State. Until we know these things, we will not let you marry her.

Knowing that there is no way around the power of the State and the stranglehold that the State has on people's lives, I begrudgingly filled out the mountains of forms the State wants me to complete. Among other things, I had to tell the State about her lineage and the birthplace of her parents, as well as whether she was married in the past and to whom.

When I finally filled out the mountains of the State's forms, I submitted them to the State along with the huge amount of money the State demanded to provide me with this "service".

At first, the State acknowledged receiving the forms, but then months and months went by, and I heard nothing. While the State remained silent, my future wife was stranded in the foreign land I found her in, far outside of the lands of the State, as they would not admit her into the State's lands until she passed their muster.

I tried finding out where the State stood on whether my future wife was good enough for them or not, but the State gave me nothing but silence. So I called on some powerful State officials who inquired for me, only to be told by the State that they will get to it when they get to it, maybe in five months and maybe longer. Between now and the time that the State decides to get to it, my future wife can remain in the foreign land I found her in, we can stay separated, and the State simply does not care. Besides, says the State, I should be grateful that the State is spending 15 minutes of their valuable time on a puny being like me to save me from my own choice of lifetime mates, and I should consider myself lucky if they find those 15 minutes in 5 months and not many months later.

So here I wait, with my life on hold and my future wife uncertain about where she will live and when she will get there. And I wait, and wait, and wait.

Where is this story from?

1. A page from a script of George Orwell's 1984.

2. A secret diary written in Nazi Germany in 1939.

3. An underground web page from present day North Korea.

4. A private blog from a Saudi prince wanting to marry a commoner.

5. A citizen of the United States of America wanting to marry another consenting adult in his own country.

We all know the correct answer. But how many people not married to or looking for a foreign bride could ever imagine something like this happening in the land of the free?

Why does it take the USCIS five months to do fifteen minutes of work? What business that charges you $455.00 to perform fifteen minutes of work, makes you wait five months for that work to be done, and gives you zero feedback on how that work is progressing would stay in business? Why does a government that is supposed to be the best one in the world work this badly?

And while we are at it, who the hell is the government to stand in judgment over my choice of wife anyway?

You can easily eliminate the USCIS from interfering with your relationship with your loved one. Move to Russia and live there with her.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yea, our government has been sooooo good at doing that. Hell, they told ICE to stop deporting illegals at one point who got arrested by county/state police...The government causes more problems when it comes to immigration than it helps. Our borders right now are as porous as a sponge.

And let us not forget that this is the same government that let in the shoe bomber, the underwear bomber, the Times Square bomber, the Oregon Christmas tree bomber, and all of the September 11 terrorists, with arms open and eyes closed.

This is also the same government that turned a blind eye towards 30 million people who snuck across the border and now wants to reward them for doing so.

And it is the same government that put two hero Border Patrol Guards in prison for shooting a drug thug who tried to crash the border with a shipment of drugs, destined for our streets and our children.

I would say that they are doing a fine job with immigration, assuming that you are a terrorist, illegal, or operator of a drug cartel. But if you are a law abiding citizen seeking to marry another law abiding person who does not have the good fortune to have been born here, the two of you are treated like worthless pieces of dirt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

And let us not forget that this is the same government that let in the shoe bomber, the underwear bomber, the Times Square bomber, the Oregon Christmas tree bomber, and all of the September 11 terrorists, with arms open and eyes closed.

This is also the same government that turned a blind eye towards 30 million people who snuck across the border and now wants to reward them for doing so.

And it is the same government that put two hero Border Patrol Guards in prison for shooting a drug thug who tried to crash the border with a shipment of drugs, destined for our streets and our children.

I would say that they are doing a fine job with immigration, assuming that you are a terrorist, illegal, or operator of a drug cartel. But if you are a law abiding citizen seeking to marry another law abiding person who does not have the good fortune to have been born here, the two of you are treated like worthless pieces of dirt.

Well saidgood.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is the process.

This was YOUR choice.

Sit back and wait your turn like everyone else...it sux, but that's the way it is.

Why don't you send them a letter with all of your information and how you really feel, i'm sure they'll rush to get your case done..

Feb 14, 2010 - Engaged :-)
Apr 17, 2010 - Married
May 24, 2010 - I-130 Sent to USCIS
Oct 20, 2010 - : I-130 NOA2 APPROVED..GOD IS GOOD!!!!! smile.png
Oct 26, 2010 : NVC Received
Dec 06, 2010 - Case Complete at NVC
Jan 24, 2011 - Medical exam
Feb 24, 2011 - Passed, welcome to USA
Mar 04, 2011 - POE - Detroit, MI
Mar 14, 2011 - SSN# Rec'd
Mar 24, 2011 - smile.png GC and Welcome Letter
Sept 19, 2011- Filed I-130 for my son (his step son)
June 14, 2013-APPROVED, 10 YR GC IN THE MAIL

Mar 3, 2014- N-400

May 12, 2014 Interview for Citizenship- PASSED!

June 12th, USA citizen - Oath Ceremony...all done here!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is the process.

This was YOUR choice.

Sit back and wait your turn like everyone else...it sux, but that's the way it is.

Why don't you send them a letter with all of your information and how you really feel, i'm sure they'll rush to get your case done..

That's what the person of this thread asked...brilliant!

Edited by Blob18

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is the process.

This was YOUR choice.

You do not need to remind me that we are all stuck in this abysmal abomination of a system. I already know that.

But that does not mean that I have to like it. You may like it, but as you can read in this thread, lots of other folks don't like it either.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

How is family immigration a right? We didn't have immigration laws for over half our country's history, and when we first started them they were basically racist laws to kick out one group or another. This new idea of quotas and visas for specific types of people isn't a right, it's just a way people who are afraid of foreigners limit the numbers who come in somewhat. And an attempt to keep entitlement spending down because the government promised too much in the way of social security and medicare. It could be considered limiting our rights of association, but I can't think of any way it would be considered a right or privilege.

It is what it is and we have to deal with it, but didn't really sit well with me for it to be called a right.

Late 2006: began exchanging e-mails and IMs on and off

Around November, 2009: decided to meet in person

February, 2010: met in Thailand (first time)

May, 2010: met in Taiwan (second meeting)

August, 2010: got engaged

NOA1: August 26, 2010

November-December, 2010: met again in Taiwan (third meeting)

NOA2: 1/26/2011!

event.png

You do not need to remind me that we are all stuck in this abysmal abomination of a system. I already know that.

But that does not mean that I have to like it. You may like it, but as you can read in this thread, lots of other folks don't like it either.

I don't like it either.

But you know what? I'm grateful for it. Because it's going to let me live my life the way I want to, which is a huge privilege. It is by no means a right. So while the waiting sucks, and I wish it was easier, I'm just thankful that this process even exists.

Things worth having in life rarely just get handed to you. It takes frustration, patience and hard work.

So I don't like it, but there's no way I'd consider sending hate mail to the people who I'm asking to help me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:help:

I was drawn to her and to everything about her. And when we met, I knew this was the woman who would be my wife. I courted her, we fell in love, and then I proposed marriage.

But wait a moment, said the State. We need to check this person out. Before we let you marry her, we need to find some things out. We need to know if she is an enemy of the State. We need to know if she might become an enemy of the State. We need to know if she is healthy and fit enough to contribute to the State. And we need to know if her morals meet the standards set by the State. Until we know these things, we will not let you marry her.

Knowing that there is no way around the power of the State and the stranglehold that the State has on people’s lives, I begrudgingly filled out the mountains of forms the State wants me to complete. Among other things, I had to tell the State about her lineage and the birthplace of her parents, as well as whether she was married in the past and to whom.

When I finally filled out the mountains of the State’s forms, I submitted them to the State along with the huge amount of money the State demanded to provide me with this “service”.

At first, the State acknowledged receiving the forms, but then months and months went by, and I heard nothing. While the State remained silent, my future wife was stranded in the foreign land I found her in, far outside of the lands of the State, as they would not admit her into the State’s lands until she passed their muster.

I tried finding out where the State stood on whether my future wife was good enough for them or not, but the State gave me nothing but silence. So I called on some powerful State officials who inquired for me, only to be told by the State that they will get to it when they get to it, maybe in five months and maybe longer. Between now and the time that the State decides to get to it, my future wife can remain in the foreign land I found her in, we can stay separated, and the State simply does not care. Besides, says the State, I should be grateful that the State is spending 15 minutes of their valuable time on a puny being like me to save me from my own choice of lifetime mates, and I should consider myself lucky if they find those 15 minutes in 5 months and not many months later.

So here I wait, with my life on hold and my future wife uncertain about where she will live and when she will get there. And I wait, and wait, and wait.

Where is this story from?

1. A page from a script of George Orwell’s 1984.

2. A secret diary written in Nazi Germany in 1939.

3. An underground web page from present day North Korea.

4. A private blog from a Saudi prince wanting to marry a commoner.

5. A citizen of the United States of America wanting to marry another consenting adult in his own country.

We all know the correct answer. But how many people not married to or looking for a foreign bride could ever imagine something like this happening in the land of the free?

Why does it take the USCIS five months to do fifteen minutes of work? What business that charges you $455.00 to perform fifteen minutes of work, makes you wait five months for that work to be done, and gives you zero feedback on how that work is progressing would stay in business? Why does a government that is supposed to be the best one in the world work this badly?

And while we are at it, who the hell is the government to stand in judgment over my choice of wife anyway?

:wow:

I don't like the waiting or uncertainty any more than everybody else here. But seriously, so many here rant both about the need to keep illegals out and then also rant that the 'government' has no right to try to have any control over this process. How can you have it both ways? I agree that it might be possible to improve the service but then you realize that those improvements may cost real money. I would be willing to pay more for better service and I personally wonder if maybe there should be an option to pay more and get expedited processing. Everyone hates bureaucracy but they are a necessary 'evil' in the process. And I am sure the majority of employees are as decent as anybody working anywhere. But if it helps ease your stress to blow off a bit of steam maybe the rants serve a purpose. Just please don't anyone start taking some of the over-the-top rhetoric too seriously.

Timeline

I don't like it either.

But you know what? I'm grateful for it. Because it's going to let me live my life the way I want to, which is a huge privilege. It is by no means a right. So while the waiting sucks, and I wish it was easier, I'm just thankful that this process even exists.

Things worth having in life rarely just get handed to you. It takes frustration, patience and hard work.

So I don't like it, but there's no way I'd consider sending hate mail to the people who I'm asking to help me.

ahhmmmm...HELP? its paid! $455 for a process of 6months to God knows when???

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

ahhmmmm...HELP? its paid! $455 for a process of 6months to God knows when???

Yes, help. USCIS, whatever you think of them, is going to help you move to another country and live your life. That's worth the money to me. I don't have to like the journey, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not going to matter much down the road. I knew the process going into this. I knew it wouldn't be easy. Government related things are NEVER as straight forward as they should be. So I'm not going to sit here and complain about it.

Timeline

:help::wow:

I don't like the waiting or uncertainty any more than everybody else here. But seriously, so many here rant both about the need to keep illegals out and then also rant that the 'government' has no right to try to have any control over this process. How can you have it both ways? I agree that it might be possible to improve the service but then you realize that those improvements may cost real money. I would be willing to pay more for better service and I personally wonder if maybe there should be an option to pay more and get expedited processing. Everyone hates bureaucracy but they are a necessary 'evil' in the process. And I am sure the majority of employees are as decent as anybody working anywhere. But if it helps ease your stress to blow off a bit of steam maybe the rants serve a purpose. Just please don't anyone start taking some of the over-the-top rhetoric too seriously.

yeah, like an option of for 5months to 9months processng =$455

3motnhs= $600

2months= $900

1month=$1000 or whatever. thats atleast would be a clear dealgood.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Bob, your response seems very harsh and uncaring. The writer was sharing his sense of despair, anger and hopelessness. The truth is that it is very, very, very difficult to be in a situation that you have no control over. And even worse....no information from the "powers that be".

Personally I thought his post was very well written and can relate to what he wrote. If that invokes a 2nd harsh response from you, so be it.

Despair, anger and hopelessness because it takes 6 months to get a visa???? I think this person needs some medical attention.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Timeline

Yes, help. USCIS, whatever you think of them, is going to help you move to another country and live your life. That's worth the money to me. I don't have to like the journey, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not going to matter much down the road. I knew the process going into this. I knew it wouldn't be easy. Government related things are NEVER as straight forward as they should be. So I'm not going to sit here and complain about it.

well, we all have a different opinion on this. you may begin to understand us more when u reach your 6months mark yet you dont get any idea of when or what is happening to your case. Honestly everyone that rants here about their frustration has every reason to do so. they havent just filed yesterday & decide to sit around & complain here.whistling.gif

well, we all have a different opinion on this. you may begin to understand us more when u reach your 6months mark yet you dont get any idea of when or what is happening to your case. Honestly everyone that rants here about their frustration has every reason to do so. they havent just filed yesterday & decide to sit around & complain here.whistling.gif

Ugh, PLEASE do not try and undermine me simply because you've waited a little bit longer than I have. I've waited for going on five months now, so I get it. Thanks.

Never ONCE have I said you don't have a right to be frustrated, angry, upset, whatever you may feel right now. I simply said, THAT is the process. That is the way things are. Ranting and raving about it will not speed up your case. It will not make anything easier.

In the big picture of life, these few months aren't going to mean much once we reach our goal.

Edited by Coconuts

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.