Jun&Scheillo

How can I let the USCIS know what I think of them

97 posts in this topic

yeah, like an option of for 5months to 9months processng =$455

3motnhs= $600

2months= $900

1month=$1000 or whatever. thats atleast would be a clear dealgood.gif

So since you can afford to pay more you are somehow more deserving? Sounds a little elitist to me.

John

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So since you can afford to pay more you are somehow more deserving? Sounds a little elitist to me.

John

excuse me?

i was stating that it could have been better that way! i didnt say they just approve case becoz someone paid more and not doing their that they are being paid for! shees!headbonk.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

:rofl: Oh boy.

Do you read what you type?

Because you just came up with a "system" that suggests people pay more to get better service than the people who can't pay more.

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

What's wrong with paying more for better service? Everyone makes choices like that every day. Some people pay more because they appreciate good service or they're in a rush, others may be more patient or not care if they get bad service and would rather save the money.

I'd be happy to pay $1k for a 1 month processing time with prompt updates, and I'm definitely not rich. Normally I'm pretty cheap but damn this process sucks :/. $1,000 is not enough to price most people out. Anyone applying for a k1 already makes enough to travel internationally.

Late 2006: began exchanging e-mails and IMs on and off

Around November, 2009: decided to meet in person

February, 2010: met in Thailand (first time)

May, 2010: met in Taiwan (second meeting)

August, 2010: got engaged

NOA1: August 26, 2010

November-December, 2010: met again in Taiwan (third meeting)

NOA2: 1/26/2011!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What's wrong with paying more for better service? Everyone makes choices like that every day. Some people pay more because they appreciate good service or they're in a rush, others may be more patient or not care if they get bad service and would rather save the money.

I'd be happy to pay $1k for a 1 month processing time with prompt updates, and I'm definitely not rich. Normally I'm pretty cheap but damn this process sucks :/. $1,000 is not enough to price most people out. Anyone applying for a k1 already makes enough to travel internationally.

good.gifkudos! thanks for pointing out clearly what i had in mindrose.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not rich either and live on a budget like most of the rest of us, but another $1k to get the visa in a month? Hell ya!

I have said my peace here. Some of you think the system is fine, and for you, enjoy every minute of your wait.

But for those of us who barely tolerate this pathetic excuse for a system, let's barely tolerate it together.

And for those of you who think I should move to Russia, I regret to inform you that it won't happen. I am here for the duration, so you are stuck with me until one of us gets our NOA2.

As for Bob, I wonder why you have such a problem with the Russian people. I found your comment that I should dump my beloved Elena and find "some other Russian" who is already here to be particularly offensive. Were you around for the Cold War? I was. I'm 53. I remember it all, including the propaganda we were fed in school about how Russians are all maniacs whose only desire is to nuke the world. Would it surprise you to learn that the Russian people were fed the same propaganda about us by the Soviet Government? Russians are real people too, just like you and me. They have real feelings too and can feel real love, just like Elena feels for me.

Elena is fine with the wait because under the Soviet system she grew up with, you waited and had zero options, zero information, and zero voice, just like we all get now from USCIS. It is Americans like me who are used to systems where we have options, information, and a voice who are having a problem with not having any of these things.

Think about it: A system created by the United States government is more like something from the old Soviet government than what we normally get from our own government. Scary, isn't it? Kind of makes you wonder who really won the Cold War!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Having a system that allows you to pay more for a faster turn around simply will not work......there are so many agencies involved in the petition work for security reasons that you can not get anything done faster by paying a service center more money.......i was one of the couples that got hit with the huge increase for processing the petition it was suppose to be better they were suppose to hire more people...in the end i waited two years at the service center for the noa2 and never really found out what the reason was for the lengthy wait......our government services are what they are increase for faster turn around will never work because your faced with the same mentality our government has towards anything that one of us citizens are requesting help with.....................unless you owe them money then they work fast

just my opinion

sara

Because it would be unfair to those who could not afford it. This isn't one of those situations in life where you can throw more money at it to make it better. Everyone pays the same amount, everyone receives the same service.

Not everyone gets to travel much internationally, either. This forum is full of people who haven't seen their loved ones in countless months due to financial restrictions.

People seem to forget that VJ is a very, very small sample size of how many Visas are applied for every month. In the long run, 5-6 months isn't that bad at all.

What I don't understand is the people who read up on the process, decide to go with it, understand that it will take awhile ... and then, once they're in the middle of the process, complain that it's taking a long time.

Write all the angry letters you'd like. Unfortunately it won't get you anywhere.

I don't think there's anyone here who thinks the system is fine and is loving their wait. There are simply people who realize it is what it is and you have to pick and choose your battles. There are some things in life that you simply cannot change, government bullsh*t is one of them. So you can spend your time waiting, hating every second of it and kicking up a storm because things aren't going your way, or you can simply wait and try to make the best of it. Accept what you cannot change and live your life.

Edited by Coconuts

I'm not rich either and live on a budget like most of the rest of us, but another $1k to get the visa in a month? Hell ya!

I have said my peace here. Some of you think the system is fine, and for you, enjoy every minute of your wait.

But for those of us who barely tolerate this pathetic excuse for a system, let's barely tolerate it together.

And for those of you who think I should move to Russia, I regret to inform you that it won't happen. I am here for the duration, so you are stuck with me until one of us gets our NOA2.

As for Bob, I wonder why you have such a problem with the Russian people. I found your comment that I should dump my beloved Elena and find "some other Russian" who is already here to be particularly offensive. Were you around for the Cold War? I was. I'm 53. I remember it all, including the propaganda we were fed in school about how Russians are all maniacs whose only desire is to nuke the world. Would it surprise you to learn that the Russian people were fed the same propaganda about us by the Soviet Government? Russians are real people too, just like you and me. They have real feelings too and can feel real love, just like Elena feels for me.

Elena is fine with the wait because under the Soviet system she grew up with, you waited and had zero options, zero information, and zero voice, just like we all get now from USCIS. It is Americans like me who are used to systems where we have options, information, and a voice who are having a problem with not having any of these things.

Think about it: A system created by the United States government is more like something from the old Soviet government than what we normally get from our own government. Scary, isn't it? Kind of makes you wonder who really won the Cold War!

Well put! Thanks for the voice you bring to this forum.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: Timeline

pfft, I personally found the story amusing and quite "Orwell-esque" I think if one is familiar with this type of literature they can see the sarcasm and identify with it. AI142 hit it on the nail...I mean think about his ID...he's a number just like anyone else in an Orwell "state." Bravo, kudos, and congrats...a great way to vent and oh so well done!

Jennifer & Salah

February 2010 met on interpals

March 2010 started getting serious

15- 24 June 2010 my first visit to Morocco

22 July 2010 I-29F sent

29 July 2010 I-29F received

5 August 2010 touched

3 October 2010 touched

26 January 2011 NOA2/petition approved

event.png

event.png

Eh. You get over the whole righteous indignation thing after your spouse gets here.

It's a phase most VJers go through. Some are just more vocal about it than others.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

it's immigration, it's a difficult job, they have no time to read your evaluations, if you want the process to be faster then don't send then an eval. if you think you can run USCIS better then give it a shot, however its more difficult then it seems.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

you may contact uscis headquarters operations,...scopsscat@DHS.GOV-----TEXAS SERVICE CENTER--TSC.NCSCFOLLOWUP@DHS.GOV-----VERMONT SERVICE CENTER,VSC.NCSCFOLLOWUP@DHS.GOV

Anyone applying for a k1 already makes enough to travel internationally.

Nice general blanket statement there. Considering the fact that some people have to rely on another person's good graces for that plane ticket. (I would know. I haven't purchased a single ticket to travel internationally.)

How do you know that some people might be applying with their parent's money? Or perhaps a friend or coworker bought that plane ticket for them?

Way to assume!

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.