kerran

No pictures or evidence what to do?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Perhaps he could send money to his kids instead of to a woman he's never met in person and solve the child support problem that way. Just a suggestion. :whistle:

Good point..............

PNB0m3.png

HxkAm12.png

Time from NOA1 to NOA2: 4 Months, 2 Weeks, 1 day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
The child support issue effects his right in having a passport. He needs a passport to travel, so since he is behind in CSP, his passport is deemed void. There is NO waiver that he can qualify to over-come this.

What bearing does this have on the OP? The OP stated her friend is in Jamaica dating some guy. You can deduce that if her friend is in Jamaica one of them has to be in the USA, and therefore that would be the guy who has the child support issues. The USC doesn't NEED a passport so the child support/passport issue is a moot point.

I'm asking on behalf of a friend who.

My friend lives in Jamaica and has been talking to this guy she met online for about a year now. He cannot travel due to child support issues and so they are thinking about doing a fiance visa but they have no pictures together or any form of evidence that they're truly together. They talk on the phone every day and he sends her money which she keeps the recipt for but she's afraid it might be enough so she needs some advice as to what to do. Should she talk the chance with the fiance visa?

They have to have met in person in the last 2 years in order to qualify for a K1 visa (or any visa really because you need to be married for a spousal visa and they don't accept proxy weddings).

If, as you stated, the guy cannot get a passport then the girl needs to visit him. Bear in mind that he needs to sign that he can support her at 125% of the poverty level. You mentioned child support so he has at least 1 child making his household size (including your friend) at least 3. He needs to make at least $22,887. If he has more than 1 child that amount increases by $4,675 per additional person/child.

As a side note - while it's great he's sending HER money, his children and his support of them should be his first priority. If he can so easily ignore his children, his blood, then he will probably think no better of doing the same to her. Of course if he's paying it off and it just got too hard when he lost his job etc etc then there's extenuating circumstances BUT they reduce the amount required based on his income.. which implies he HAD the income, he just doesn't care about his child/ren. Of course I know nothing of your friend or her guy but she needs to be careful. There are more stories than you realise of immigrants being abused, or restricted money wise, or whatever else.. your friend should make sure she REALLY knows this guy before making this move.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Timeline

What bearing does this have on the OP? The OP stated her friend is in Jamaica dating some guy. You can deduce that if her friend is in Jamaica one of them has to be in the USA, and therefore that would be the guy who has the child support issues. The USC doesn't NEED a passport so the child support/passport issue is a moot point.

If no passport is needed then please explain how the USC will meet the girl in Jamaica. You need to verify your facts before you starting questing others. I have watched you ###### at other VJ posters on this board, but please be clear on this, I am not one of them. The USC cannot get a valid passport if he is in arrears with child support. Google this fact if you choose to validate my statement. The young lady in Jamaica has less than a 99% chance in getting a visitor visa, since she isn't from Canada, the UK or the outback of Aussie. NO PASSPORT THEN THE USC Cannot visit Jamaica, no visitor visa than the young lady cannot visit the US.

They have to have met in person in the last 2 years in order to qualify for a K1 visa (or any visa really because you need to be married for a spousal visa and they don't accept proxy weddings).

If, as you stated, the guy cannot get a passport then the girl needs to visit him. Bear in mind that he needs to sign that he can support her at 125% of the poverty level. You mentioned child support so he has at least 1 child making his household size (including your friend) at least 3. He needs to make at least $22,887. If he has more than 1 child that amount increases by $4,675 per additional person/child.

As a side note - while it's great he's sending HER money, his children and his support of them should be his first priority. If he can so easily ignore his children, his blood, then he will probably think no better of doing the same to her. Of course if he's paying it off and it just got too hard when he lost his job etc etc then there's extenuating circumstances BUT they reduce the amount required based on his income.. which implies he HAD the income, he just doesn't care about his children. Of course I know nothing of your friend or her guy but she needs to be careful. There are more stories than you realise of immigrants being abused, or restricted money wise, or whatever else.. your friend should make sure she REALLY knows this guy before making this move.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Because you don't know how to quote properly I cannot quote your second post properly in order to link it to the post in question (which when you've quoted someone else is beneficial)... so I will simply "cut & paste" the relevant sections (omitting off topic comments). For those interested, this is the link to this persons post: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/286588-no-pictures-or-evidence-what-to-do/page__view__findpost__p__4345744

Your first

The child support issue effects his right in having a passport. He needs a passport to travel, so since he is behind in CSP, his passport is deemed void. There is NO waiver that he can qualify to over-come this.

You simply stated the USC could not obtain a passport. I did not imply this was incorrect, I asked what bearing it had to the OP. You made a sweeping statement about a passport not being available to him. Great. Awesome. What bearing did that comment have on the OP? The OP (for the purposes of this argument I am referring to the friend of the OP when stating OP as she is a proxy for her) asked whether a K1 was valid. A passport is not required by the USC in order to get a K1 visa. The OP and their fiance need to have met in person, yes, but the USC does not NEED a passport.

If no passport is needed then please explain how the USC will meet the girl in Jamaica. You need to verify your facts before you starting questing others. {snip} The USC cannot get a valid passport if he is in arrears with child support. Google this fact if you choose to validate my statement. The young lady in Jamaica has less than a 99% chance in getting a visitor visa, since she isn't from Canada, the UK or the outback of Aussie. NO PASSPORT THEN THE USC Cannot visit Jamaica, no visitor visa than the young lady cannot visit the US.

This, your second post more clearly explains your point in referencing the passport but is still missing several pieces of data.

As I previously stated I did not say directly nor imply that your information regarding arrears and passports was wrong. I neglected to boost your self-esteem by stating you were correct about the US passport, I'm sorry you feel slighted.

However, you are assuming facts not in evidence. 1. The OP stated her friend "lives" in Jamaica. While you can assume this means she's a Jamaican citizen you don't need to be a citizen to live there 2. You assuming if she IS a Jamaican citizen that she holds no other citizenships/passports. 3. You're also assuming that the USC holds no other passports, and as far as I'm aware (please correct me if I'm wrong.. i'm sure you will) the US cannot stop a foreign citizen from leaving the country... whether the foreigner is a USC as well or not. I myself have two passports and come naturalisation (if I go there) I will have three.

I'm not sure why you state first "she has less than a 99% chance of getting a visa" and then "no visitor visa than (sic) the young lady cannot visit the US". Those are contradictory statements. I will assume (bad of me but I will) that you meant to write she has a less than 1% chance of getting a visa, or a 99% chance of NOT getting a visa.. either or. You do not know the OP's personal situation. She could own oodles of property, be related to the person issuing the visa and voila, no issues. He could have multiple passports... again you're getting in a huff over nothing.

---

OP. Long and short of it is this. NEED to have met in the last 2 years. Likelihood of getting a waiver for this condition is pretty low. USC with child support arrears cannot get a passport. I have read that occasionally there are some cases where the it's possible to overcome the passport ban.. such as: contract in place, lien on property owned by debtor, significant portion of outstanding amount paid.. etc etc.. but the lovely person above will tell you if that's still the case or old info. You stated getting a visa from Jamaica to US is hard... I don't know anything about that but can only wish your friend well. Sorry I can't be more positive.

**Edit - regarding the off-topic comments aimed at me. If you take offence to anything I have written and feel it is out of line, please feel free to report me. There is a report button under my profile info to the left of this post. If it is deemed inappropriate it will be removed and you can sleep well at night. Either way a moderator will contact you regarding your concerns.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Timeline

Because you don't know how to quote properly I cannot quote your second post properly in order to link it to the post in question (which when you've quoted someone else is beneficial)... so I will simply "cut & paste" the relevant sections (omitting off topic comments). For those interested, this is the link to this persons post: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/286588-no-pictures-or-evidence-what-to-do/page__view__findpost__p__4345744

Your first

You simply stated the USC could not obtain a passport. I did not imply this was incorrect, I asked what bearing it had to the OP. You made a sweeping statement about a passport not being available to him. Great. Awesome. What bearing did that comment have on the OP? The OP (for the purposes of this argument I am referring to the friend of the OP when stating OP as she is a proxy for her) asked whether a K1 was valid. A passport is not required by the USC in order to get a K1 visa. The OP and their fiance need to have met in person, yes, but the USC does not NEED a passport.

This, your second post more clearly explains your point in referencing the passport but is still missing several pieces of data.

As I previously stated I did not say directly nor imply that your information regarding arrears and passports was wrong. I neglected to boost your self-esteem by stating you were correct about the US passport, I'm sorry you feel slighted.

However, you are assuming facts not in evidence. 1. The OP stated her friend "lives" in Jamaica. While you can assume this means she's a Jamaican citizen you don't need to be a citizen to live there 2. You assuming if she IS a Jamaican citizen that she holds no other citizenships/passports. 3. You're also assuming that the USC holds no other passports, and as far as I'm aware (please correct me if I'm wrong.. i'm sure you will) the US cannot stop a foreign citizen from leaving the country... whether the foreigner is a USC as well or not. I myself have two passports and come naturalisation (if I go there) I will have three.

I'm not sure why you state first "she has less than a 99% chance of getting a visa" and then "no visitor visa than (sic) the young lady cannot visit the US". Those are contradictory statements. I will assume (bad of me but I will) that you meant to write she has a less than 1% chance of getting a visa, or a 99% chance of NOT getting a visa.. either or. You do not know the OP's personal situation. She could own oodles of property, be related to the person issuing the visa and voila, no issues. He could have multiple passports... again you're getting in a huff over nothing.

---

OP. Long and short of it is this. NEED to have met in the last 2 years. Likelihood of getting a waiver for this condition is pretty low. USC with child support arrears cannot get a passport. I have read that occasionally there are some cases where the it's possible to overcome the passport ban.. such as: contract in place, lien on property owned by debtor, significant portion of outstanding amount paid.. etc etc.. but the lovely person above will tell you if that's still the case or old info. You stated getting a visa from Jamaica to US is hard... I don't know anything about that but can only wish your friend well. Sorry I can't be more positive.

**Edit - regarding the off-topic comments aimed at me. If you take offence to anything I have written and feel it is out of line, please feel free to report me. There is a report button under my profile info to the left of this post. If it is deemed inappropriate it will be removed and you can sleep well at night. Either way a moderator will contact you regarding your concerns.

Stupidity bequest anger......

The visa process is expensive, if you can't afford to meet in person you probably can't afford to apply for the visa, let a lone meet the financial requirements for the visa and the AOS

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

you really shouldnt make double posts,you got all the information you needed.if he cant afford child support,or a trip down there to see her,then that should be telling her something unless she is in it for the wrong reasons

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A visitor's visa from JA is VERY hard to get - it's purely a game of chance, even those with all of the required evidence for proof of return have been denied. So, the USC not having a passport / or having his passport denied is a factor, as he cannot travel to JA without one, thereby not being able to visit the fiance and eliminate that criteria.

As for your friend, I would be hesitant and wondering why he is able to send her money and not his children - granted, there could be all types of other factors involved, but if he has a court issue with child support he should try to resolve that first, then deal with the visa issues. Getting a waiver of the meeting in person requirement is very hard, and I don't see failure to pay child support being viewed as a positive reason by anyone.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Meet in a country that does not require a passport to travel to, mexico? Think all he needs is his license as long as he is not flying there. Not sure if she would need a visa to go but if she did im sure she could hop the border into mexico somewhere, mexican authorities would nevvvveeer expect that.

Puerto rico? he could then charter a small plane to fly him to jamaica and either attempt a water landing or parachute in, dont ask me how he would get home.

The Cayman islands ( not sure about this one ) but the charter plane would cost less as its a bit closer to jamaica.

or... he could work something out with his childs mother and take care of teh child support thing...

Mexico now requires a passport for a USC - and for a Jamaican, a passport and a transit visa. Puerto Rico would work for the USC, but the Jamaican would need a visitor visa -

And further reading your advice, you are basically advising them to break laws in other countries?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Perhaps he could send money to his kids instead of to a woman he's never met in person and solve the child support problem that way. Just a suggestion. :whistle:

:thumbs:

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

allow me to sum up what everyone else has been trying to say.

in the eyes of USCIS,without any hard evidence like pics,boarding passes,stamps,there is no relationship.

someone with debt in child support can not get a passport,therefor can not go visit your friend.

like i said in your newer repost,if a guy cant pay off his childsupport before jumping in a relationship,he most likely cant meet the poverty guidelines and better yet,cant afford a living for a long time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Blank

Edited by jrmejia

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm asking on behalf of a friend who.

My friend lives in Jamaica and has been talking to this guy she met online for about a year now. He cannot travel due to child support issues and so they are thinking about doing a fiance visa but they have no pictures together or any form of evidence that they're truly together. They talk on the phone every day and he sends her money which she keeps the recipt for but she's afraid it might be enough so she needs some advice as to what to do. Should she talk the chance with the fiance visa?

Thx in advance

There is no chance. It will be rejected. You must meet in person. If she wishes to reduce our federal deficit by sending in $455 for nothing...go ahead.

They MUST meet in person within two years prior to submitting the petition. There are no exceptions to this that would possibly apply to them.

If the reason he cannot travel for "child support" issues is because he has had his passport revoked due to unpaid child support, it will be difficult or impossible for him to qualify to sponsir her as a fiancee anyway. How is he going to show he can support her when he does not support his children now? SO...here is the plan

1. Get caught up on chil support and get a passport

2. Go to Jamaica and meet the girl

3, File for the fiancee visa

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.