kerran

No pictures or evidence what to do?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

A visitor's visa from JA is VERY hard to get - it's purely a game of chance, even those with all of the required evidence for proof of return have been denied. So, the USC not having a passport / or having his passport denied is a factor, as he cannot travel to JA without one, thereby not being able to visit the fiance and eliminate that criteria.

As for your friend, I would be hesitant and wondering why he is able to send her money and not his children - granted, there could be all types of other factors involved, but if he has a court issue with child support he should try to resolve that first, then deal with the visa issues. Getting a waiver of the meeting in person requirement is very hard, and I don't see failure to pay child support being viewed as a positive reason by anyone.

Wouldn't matter.

So she gets a visitor visa and comes to the US. And what? He has to PROVE he can support her financially TWICE during the K-1 process. Having a passport revoked because of non-payment of child support will mess that up. Unpaid child support and/or unpaid taxes ARE counted against whatever income you make.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wouldn't matter.

So she gets a visitor visa and comes to the US. And what? He has to PROVE he can support her financially TWICE during the K-1 process. Having a passport revoked because of non-payment of child support will mess that up. Unpaid child support and/or unpaid taxes ARE counted against whatever income you make.

I am not refuting the child support issues that could hold up the application - But to spend the fee for a visitor's visa is like buying a very expensive lottery ticket - one in a million has a chance of winning, the rest might as well burn up the money. To get one and for her to come to the US would overcome the meeting in person issue - Not saying it would overcome the further issues. If you fully read my post, I think I addressed that as well that they need to clear that up - Since they haven't filed and are figuring out how to do so, correcting the child support and meeting in person are the first two necessary steps.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

money is not the only thing that hold the relationship togather, but it's one of the important elements. just like others posted before, K1 is expensive. if he cant afford to see her in person or take care of his child support, he might want to get his life back in track before anything else.

K1 Journey

06-29-2010: Sent I-129F

06-30-2010: CSC receives package

07-07-2010: CSC NOA1 Dated.

07-08-2010: CSC Check cashed.

07-12-2010: Received Hard Copy of NOA1.

10-27-2010: Touched.(I hope it means they work on my case.)

11-16-2010: Touched.(Come on NOA2, Day 132, still waitting)

11-16-2010: NOA2 Dated.

11-22-2010: NVC DAted.

11-26-2010: NVC to Guang Zhou Consulate

12-17-2010: GZC issued the P3.

12-24-2010: GZC sent out the P3.

12-25-2010: We got the P3 from GZC.

12-25-2010: GZC Got the P3 from us.

01-28-2011: P4

02-11-2011: Medical.

02-14-2011: Paper Work intake and Fingers Print.

02-15-2011: Interview!!!

02-14-2011: US time, We got PINK, Best V-day gift ever.

03-02-2011: POE LAX.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If his passport and travel ability is on hold because of child support arrears then he has to bring the balance down to acceptable limits to be able to travel. There have been other members with the same issue. Owing large amount will probably lead to a court order to withhold the money directly , which usually leaves the man with a very limited about of cash. If he is unemployed he needs to go back to court and get his support lowered. It won't eliminate it but it may help curtail the financial bleeding.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Wouldn't matter.

See bold above. It is not true that having a passport revoked for child support arrears will disqualify a sponsor. As you well know, debts are not considered unless there's an IRS lien. I'm intimately acquainted with a case where the petitioner's passport was revoked after the meeting and marriage and was still revoked when the I-864 was executed and visa issued. Shortly thereafter the child support was caught up and all is well. The petitioner is an honorable mane who manages money well but fell behind due to a 90 six month period of layoff. He paid, but not in full and California has a $1,000 threshold instead of using the higher federal one.

Unpaid taxes are only an issue if the IRS has invoked a lien and you cannot show you've made and are keeping a payment arrangement.

None of this applies to the case in question at this point because they haven't met in person. I'm just correcting incorrect assertions.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If his passport and travel ability is on hold because of child support arrears then he has to bring the balance down to acceptable limits to be able to travel.

That's the bottom line. Keep it simple and straight forward.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Perhaps he could send money to his kids instead of to a woman he's never met in person and solve the child support problem that way. Just a suggestion. :whistle:

You really got a point here, why would someone send money to a woman he dont nothing about and not his kids, what type of selfish man is that, when a woman can leave u your kids will always be there no matter what .....geeeze this just pissed me off, u can give a girl money but not ur kids..... oh God.... :wow: :wow: :wow:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

duplicate threads have been merged. It is not necessary to post the same question more than once.

Also, please stick to the facts of the case as presented and stop the judgmental comments and speculation - they add nothing to the discussion and are of no help to the OP's friend. Thank you.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

It sounds like she has a few options, though none of them what she would probably like them to be:

1. Try to file for a tourist visa herself so she can visit the fiance. Yes, it's expensive, but he's apparently been sending her money, so perhaps he can pitch in. People can and do get tourist visas from Jamaica even if it isn't easy.

2. He takes care of his child support obligations, gets his passport reinstated, and visits her.

She has no chance at a K-1 without meeting him, and it would be ill-advised anyway - what if she meets him and he's a real jerk in person? There is no other way to adjust inside the US with a K-1 beyond marrying the original petitioner, so she'd be stuck with having to buy a place ticket back to Jamaica, AND be out the money for a K-1.

You say it's expensive to try for a tourist visa and an unlikely shot - the same could be said for the K-1. How much does it cost? Is it truly more expensive than the $455 for the K-1?

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Perhaps he could send money to his kids instead of to a woman he's never met in person and solve the child support problem that way. Just a suggestion. :whistle:

I agree.. she may be putting her self in the same boat looking for child support.

Unfortunately the benefit you are seeking asked if you have met in 2 years.. if you havent than it becomes a problem. A waiver for him if child support is stopping him then there's a problem maybe more than just child support.. because child suppor back payments can be fixed in the blink of an eye.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm asking on behalf of a friend who.

My friend lives in Jamaica and has been talking to this guy she met online for about a year now. He cannot travel due to child support issues and so they are thinking about doing a fiance visa but they have no pictures together or any form of evidence that they're truly together. They talk on the phone every day and he sends her money which she keeps the recipt for but she's afraid it might be enough so she needs some advice as to what to do. Should she talk the chance with the fiance visa?

Thx in advance

Isn't gonna happen. The NEED to MEET IN PERSON within two years PRIOR to filing the petition. Child support issues are not a hardship; he can find a 24/7 nanny while he jets on over and then back. The meeting in person only needs to happen for about three second minimum while they generate evidence of that.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
What bearing does this have on the OP? The OP stated her friend is in Jamaica dating some guy. You can deduce that if her friend is in Jamaica one of them has to be in the USA, and therefore that would be the guy who has the child support issues. The USC doesn't NEED a passport so the child support/passport issue is a moot point.

He can't go to meet the woman if he doesn't have a passport so the USC does need a passport.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

He can't go to meet the woman if he doesn't have a passport so the USC does need a passport.

Then he needs to get a passport or wait on this relationship.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

The visa process is expensive, if you can't afford to meet in person you probably can't afford to apply for the visa, let a lone meet the financial requirements for the visa and the AOS

+1 for the "Common Sense Post of the Day." :thumbs:

And in other words, Every middle aged man would love to have a young, sexy mail order bride. Unfortunately, not all men can afford the postage.

Also, did we come to the conclusion that the beneficiary and petitioner have to meet in person at least once in the last two years? Let's say it 7 more times to be sure. :whistle:

Mail-Order-Russian-Brides.png

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for all the replies. You guys "crack-me-up" no offense. I'm not sure how this child support thing works or what exactly the issue is but I'll surely ask her. I for one doesn't trust him, there's something sketchy about him based on how she talks about him. I've told her to check him out first (background check) to make sure he is who he say he is but she seems pretty content. She would need a visa to go to mexico and P.R She did say something about him not being able to get a passport and he was locked up for child support or something to that effect.

Mother and MIL

02-13-2013 - I-130
02-21-2013 - NOA1
10-21-2013 - Sent to another office
10-23-2013 - Sent to NSC (60 days the most to approval) (praying)
11-13-2013 - NOA2. Approved!!!!!!??????

11-19-2013 - NOA2 hardcopy receved

NVC
11-18-2013 - Shipped to NVC

12-09-2013 - Received by NVC

12-23-2013 - Entered in system

01-07-2014 - DS-261 completed online

01-08-2014 - AOS paid

01-16-2014 - Expedite service requested

01-19-2014 - Paid IV bill

01-23-2014 - NVC requested phone number for applicant to complete expedite request

01-23-2014 - IV paid

01-30-2014 - Expedite request approved (awaiting email instructions)

02-03-2014 - Expedite approval received in the mail

02-04-2014 - AOS and IV package sent to supervisor (MIL's sent for regular processing)

02-06-2014 - Package received and signed for at NVC

02-10-2014 - Called NVC and was told I-864A not signed by me

02-12-2014 - Signed I-864A sent

02-24-2014 - Case complete for mom per NVC rep

02-27-2014 - Case shipped to Kingston

03-01-2014 - Hard copy of transfer received

03-04-2014 - Interview scheduled over phone by consulate

03-06-2014 - Packet 4 shipped per consulate

03-21-2014 - Medical done

04-04-2014 - Interview passed

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.