Lonelycouplez

How often do you guys communicate with your spouses abroad

67 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello folks,

How often do you talk on the phone with your husbands abroad.I really wanna know,I feel my husband is not communicating with me enough.

I will be glad if someone will tell me how to tell him to keep in touch regularly.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talk to my fiancee daily. If something is going on; I might miss a day. If I miss two days, she calls to find out what's wrong. It took a lot for me to find a cost effective way to stay in contact daily; but I havwe found that Vonage world plan and a calling card keeps me in contact all month long. Have you tried calling him every day or as frequently as you want to talk to him?

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello folks,

How often do you talk on the phone with your husbands abroad.I really wanna know,I feel my husband is not communicating with me enough.

I will be glad if someone will tell me how to tell him to keep in touch regularly.

Sorry to hear that. My fiance and I talk every day by phone , skype, and text messages.

My (then fiance) husband and I communicated via Skype and Facebook messages daily.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Hi there !

When I was still aborad, we talked online every day. There were of course days we couldn't make it because one of us was busy. But I guess some ppl don't like to be much on inet or tlak on the phone, just tell him that you miss him and you think that you guys don't communicate much together.

Best,

Bimik

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Same here, Me and my husband talk daily. He is from Kenya which is 8 hours apart but if he's not in school and im not at work we are usually on skype with each other. I also call him through a calling card website called stanacard.com. Dont give up, keep faith! (L) This process will fly by eventually!

When I had internet access we would be on skype constantly. When I didn't, we managed to find a cheap phone plan that worked so we talked all the time on that. But after I cancelled my phone contract and moved to a place without internet we talked a little less. This was mainly when I was able to visit the US often whilst going through the visa process, so it was just in between my visits that we didn't talk quite so much. I always wanted to talk all the time, except for when I went away and then I wouldn't be so easy to get hold of! I'm very self-conscious about talking on the phone when other people are within hearing distance, so that is one reason I wouldn't talk to him quite so frequently if I was busy.

People vary a lot. Some people just cannot carry on a conversation in texts. Some can't hold a proper conversation over msn. Some can't write long emails/letters more than once. Some can never find the opportunity to make a phone call. Some can't do anything except in-person communication. If you know that your husband is better at responding to emails then try that instead. Tell him that it is important to you to get a chance to talk to him on the phone regularly. But be prepared to accept that this may not be as often as you wish. He may deal better with separation by not having so much communication except when it is to communicate important factual information. (Remember those times when you were unable to talk for a week because of circumstances beyond your control. Waiting that week out was no worse than waiting those few hours until you are expecting a call!)

Hi -

My wife and I speak in the morning before I go to work, over the phone (I set up an international calling plan on her DR home, about $40 US a month). We do a couple of video conferencing sessions from work during the day via skype (free). We talk again a night via phone or Skype, when I get home. Needless to say that every relationship is different. However if you are not pleased with your frequency, speak about it. It was not always my case, things changed after she told me her concerns.

Oz

event.png

My husband and I talk daily as well. During the day while he's at work, we IM each other on MSN. During his lunch break and any other time he's not at a computer, we text each other. Then, after we're done eating supper, we both go on Skype and talk to each other there until we both go to bed a few hours later. Keeping in constant contact with him is probably the only thing keeping me sane at this point.

Hello folks,

me and my fiance dont video chat everyday, coz he is working and i am too, when he comes he is quite tired and want to rest and when i got home he will go to work, but sometimes if we have both time to video chat during wk. days then we do... tho we dont video chat everyday we make it sure that we txt or call each other everyday... but our wk. end is our regular love time (video chat)... we send e-mail to each other almost everyday too... (L):luv:(L)

Edited by godsgift
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Timeline

Hello folks,

Me and my husband chats alot,,,he will just tell u hes broke that why he dont call but we try to keep up the communication

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I see that everyone here talks with their partner almost everyday like I do with mine. Now when it comes down to printing out the chat transcipt for the proof of the I-130 is more better or some is simpler? I have about 200 pages of chat for about 8months and that's only half. I don't think the person reviewing my case will want to sit at read through about 200-400 pages of us chatting.

Can anyone tell me maybe this might be to much evidence to send? Or can someone tell me a past experience when they sent their chat transcipt in to the gov.

Could I print the transcript front and back to avoid more pages printed.

All these are question and concern before I send out my paper I-130 this week.

04/06/11 Automatic recorder on the NVC machine stated that my package was received this date and have to wait 6-8 weeks for next responds

04/16/11 RFE issing my spouse passport biopage

04/18/11 Email back the missing paperwork for NVC

04/19/11 Email from NVC they recieved the RFE I sent.

04/20/11 Spoke with NVC they say have to wait 20days for change

05/16/11 Spoke with NVC they say "case is complete, and that their interview appointment is full for June- to call back in June 17 for a interview appointment time for July most likely."

05/16/11 SIF on the payment portal website

05/20/11 Interview letter arrived via email for June 15 interview date in Guz

06/13/11 Medical Test today

06/15/11 Doc intake

06/16/11 Interview day waited for my wife at the embassy

06/16/11 APPROVE

06/18/11 Visa in her hand at China post office

6/23/11 Land in US at San Francisco airport

7/11/11 Waiting for her SSN card, received her Green Card Already

We talk on the phone at least two or three times a day...and internet chat when we can.

USCIS

10-15-2009 Met while I was on vacation...

11-12-2009 Traveled to CR for 3 weeks (Engaged)

02-21-2010 Married

05-28-2010 Mailed I-130

05-31-2010 Received - Chicago Lockbox

06-07-2010 I-130 NOA1 - CSC

06-08-2010 Touched

09-16-2010 NOA2

NVC

09-21-2010 Case# assinged

09-22-2010 AOS and IV bill generated.

09-22-2010 Paid AOS and IV bill.

09/23/2010 Both bills show paid. Printed cover sheets.

09/27/2010 Mailed AOS & IV package (fedex).

09-28-2010 Package received at NVC 9:32am (signed for by J.Desmond)

10-04-2010 AOS & IV docs in AVR system.

10-08-2010 SIF.

10-21-2010 Case Closed.

10-25-2010 Case sent to USEM.

USEM

10-27-2010 Received file.

11-02-2010 Medical. PASSED

11-08-2010 Interview APPROVED

POE

11-13-2010 Frt Lauderdale,FL.

SS Card

11-29-2010

Welcome Letter

12-10-2010

Greencard received

12-20-2010

Timeline

Thanx a lot my dear Vj members.my husby calls me every other day and sometimes every 2 I'm not too comfortable with.previous he was calling twice weekly and I also call like twice in a week.but I informed him later that I need him to talk to me often and he now calls me every other day.I want to tell him to call me everyday before going to work,I hope that does not mean I'm asking for too much.he doesn't do text messaging or chat online,that's one problem I have with him.thanks once again for your wonderful replies.Gud day or night depending on the time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.