Lonelycouplez

How often do you guys communicate with your spouses abroad

67 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

first the Most Important is Magic Jack Im calling her all time wherever she is cell or house phone even her family 'mine soon', then like everybody here we are using gmail,hotmail and joined FB.thats all.in general Internet is the useful way to communicate with ur soulmate as long as u are not together.good Luck for all of u Guys.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I call my wife (in China) twice a day (usually, unless I'm travelling), rate is 1.1 cents/minute

we also use YIM, often.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Talk to her on the phone daily in the evenings before bed, but msn her during the day right after work for me, during work for her, she has access to a computer where she works which is nice.

My wife and I talk 4 times a day during the weekdays. 1/2 hour while I am driving to work. Twice while at work. Once in my evening before she leaves in her morning to go to work. We also talk for much longer periods on weekends. We are 12 hours apart in time. We are able to talk frequently at no charge by way of the magic jack that I purchased the magic jack and sent to her after we got married. It have been great. We also often use yahoo messenger where we can see each other and talk. The advantage of the magic jack is she can call any phone number in the USA at no charge and talk to me. I just recently purchased two Ipod touches (the latest generation of Ipod touch)which includes facetime. We will be able to soon talk and see each other on our Ipods when wi-fi connected. Facetime is also on the new Iphones. How cool is that! Thank God for technology. I don't know what we would have done without these devices. Still I have not been able to stand being apart for so long so I have booked an airline ticket to go and see her in late November for a week. Who knows when she will finally get her visa to come here with the snail pace of the USCIS. So until then, its going to be magic jack, yahoo mesenger, skype and apples new facetime.

Timeline

I guess i am fortunate, the phones work relatively well in Manaus Brazil. I use Vonage world plan for about $40 a month unlimited phone what a deal, but still would rather be with her in person. It sucks to be separated. She is doing well but misses me terribly. So phone is the only way we get to hear each others voice in that she has no speakers on her computer. Will have to remedy that but in a few months hopefully we will be together and never separated again.

Nik and I had difficult work schedules. By the time I got home, he was just about to go to sleep or was already asleep. When I got up in the morning, he was still at work. Although we could see each other online during my day in the US, he felt (feels still) uncomfortable communicating anything meaningful via text. I mean, we did when it was important, but otherwise it was pretty basic day-to-day conversation you could have with anyone.

Aside from the weekend, we only spoke during the week very briefly - he got Skype in (unlimited phone -> computer calling for flat monthly rate with any phone number you like - he got a US phone number), and I could give him a quick "I'm thinking of you" phone call if I stepped out of the office for a minute. It was nice at least to get to hear each other. Also, since he only gave it to me, he would sometimes change the outgoing message. :wub: His internet connection at home was shared with two teenage cousins who exercised no restraint in their band-width hogging, so although we both had Skype, it was sometimes difficult to understand each other when we did get to try to speak on the weekends.

Judging by others' responses, I guess we didn't talk as much as other couples did, but it was enough for us. Please don't set the standard for your relationship based on what others do in theirs. It's a relationship between you and him, and you need to judge things relative to what you need and feel, not to some outside standard you want to impose.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

I know how you feel. Me and my fiance talk on msn everyday, and on skype mostly on the weekends. Sometimes he calls me but it's been a while cuz it's expensive. When I'm not able to be online we text. That's about it. We always try to talk to each other everyday, sometimes it's not possible but it's ok. There was a time when I noticed he wasn't talking to me as much. That upset me so much cuz I really miss him and I needed the connection with him to carry on. But guys are different. Guys sometimes don't even notice they are not giving us enough attention. Maybe he's just busy or tired, but even so, that's not an excuse. So my advice is talk to him about it, without pushing him.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Judging by others' responses, I guess we didn't talk as much as other couples did, but it was enough for us. Please don't set the standard for your relationship based on what others do in theirs. It's a relationship between you and him, and you need to judge things relative to what you need and feel, not to some outside standard you want to impose.

Well said!!!!

event.png

Married 09-19-10

I-130 Stage

10-31-10: I-130 Sent

03-16-11: APPROVED!!!!

(132 days from NOA1 to NOA2 at CSC)

NVC Stage

04-01-11: NVC Case Number Assigned/Sent Opt-in Email

04-05-11: Paid AOS Fee ($88) and got confirmation of OPTIN

04-09-11: Sent AOS package (I-864 and supporting documents)

04-11-11: Paid IV Fee ($404) and Choice of Agent confirmed and AOS package confirmed received

05-02-11: DS-260 filled out and submitted

05-06-11: Sent DS-260 Supporting Documents

06-07-11: Case Complete!!

(70 days in NVC)

Medical and Interview

07-27-11: Medical Appt.

08-08-11: Interview (221g) AP

09-15-11: Denied- Inadmissiable 212(a)(2)(A)(i)- CIMT

601-Waiver Process

09-12-12: Filed I-601 Waiver at lockbox (hired lawyer for this)

02-05-13: APPROVED (4 1/2 months)

03-08:13: Sent updated medical/other papers to Montreal

Waiting for VISA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

at least 3 hours of web cam a day, no joke. Sometimes it just nice to know the person can see you, hear you, and know your safe haha, even if there is not much to talk about.:D

We use skype and video chat almost everyday and when we can't use that, we use instant message on the computers. If we can't use them on the computers, then we use Instant message on our cell phones

So we dont have any outrageous bills, skype is free. The only catch is a decent net connection is needed for video chat, (dsl, cable) or 3g

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: Timeline

I talk to my girlfriend every time I call her ...lol I want to talk to her everyday. But I think I might be a pest.So i try to lay off a few days.I have not talked to her since Monday morning ...Skype. I like it when she contacts me first...But she never does. I always call or email her then she responds. I think it may be a woman thing. She seems very traditional. So call him as much as you want. If he starts complaining .There might be a prob.

Agreed. Relationships need to be based on what is normal for you.

Me and my husband spoke daily for at least an hour, and the days we weren't able to talk, I felt lost. I'd have to send him text messages telling him what I was doing, how my day was, etc. It sounds unhealthy, but I guess it's because I didn't handle the distance too well and the only thing that kept me going was communicating so frequently.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

And what happens if you are the one always callingyour spouse, and your spouse NEVER calls you?...and your the one spending up to $150 per month to call?....what happens if you e-mail your spouse everyday,...but your spouse NEVER emails you???....

But yet you talk like only 1 hour a day on msn messanger?...

And what happens if you are the one always callingyour spouse, and your spouse NEVER calls you?...and your the one spending up to $150 per month to call?....what happens if you e-mail your spouse everyday,...but your spouse NEVER emails you???....

But yet you talk like only 1 hour a day on msn messanger?...

I would tell him that it bothered me, and ask him to contact me more often..?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello folks,

How often do you talk on the phone with your husbands abroad.I really wanna know,I feel my husband is not communicating with me enough.

I will be glad if someone will tell me how to tell him to keep in touch regularly.

We connect at least twice a day. We do a lot of chatting through yahoo. We connect when as soon as I get up in the morning and before he goes to bed at night. Sometimes we connect during the day through texting and we try to talk by phone at least 3 times a week. Chatting has saved a lot of money especially since he has his own netbook. Save money when we can talk on Skype - baby just needs a better headset.

You guys need to find your way - don't do too much comparison with what others are doing. But, use your common sense if you have concerns - don't ignore the obvious.

Good luck!

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.