Tamakiz

Confused, Divorce remarry

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok without going into too many details. My Philippina gf and I had been dating for over 3 years. We had a terrible disagreement and I ended the relationship. We quickly lost contact, but 6 months later, resumed contact via emails. I suddenly lost contact with her again, as she stopped responding to my emails until 3 months later. She had gone through a marriage with an american man she met shortly after our breakup. She is currently residing in Texas under that condition.

She had planned on resuming relations with me when we regained contact, but she informed me that she stopped contacting me because she was told by her new family members that I had already remarried, which I hadnt. So under the pretense of their lie, she went through with the marriage with him.

I understand this may seem very soapish, but I am hoping for an answer to this one question.

If she were to want to divorce this man, her husband of 2-3 months, so as to marry me, would she lose her temporary status and be shipped back, losing eligability, or would she be able to continue her status with me?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

She should get divorced, and return to her country. Then you can petition her for a few visa.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Well, if she hasn't adjusted status, I'm not sure she'd be able to do so without her original marriage being intact. That means she would have to leave the U.S. before her K-1 expired and once her divorce was final, you would need to petition for her again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just my 2 cent if I am sitting in the NVC seat I would view this case with much doubt. Getting married to first US National and then divorce in 2-3 months and getting married to second US National and apply again, to me it would seem that all she wanted was to be in US.

just my thoughts........

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

dude, she is shopping for a green card. you were the second best offer, at least. maybe 3rd or 4th or 5th...

you don't want this one. your gut should be telling you this by now.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

dude, she is shopping for a green card. you were the second best offer, at least. maybe 3rd or 4th or 5th...

you don't want this one. your gut should be telling you this by now.

I don't like to be judgmental, but I have to agree with this. You broke up with her, and six months later she's already living in Texas with her new husband? There is NO WAY she started this new relationship AFTER she broke up with you. :unsure:

Even if things progressed at a lightening pace, there would have to be at least a few weeks of online courtship, a trip to the Phils to satisfy the 2 year meeting requirement, filing the I-129F immediately on return, incredibly fast processing by USCIS and the embassy in Manila, followed by an approved visa, a quick trip to the US, and then marriage to her Texas fiance. If it was a CR1 then it would have taken even longer.

No, she had this guy on a stringer before you broke up with her. Who knows how many other guys she may have also been playing. When you broke up she probably told this guy to file the petition the next day. Now she's probably decided she doesn't much like living where she's living, or who she's living with, so she's looking for greener pastures in addition to a green card.

I'm sorry, but the timeline just screams fraud. Keep shopping. You don't want this one. :no:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't like to be judgmental, but I have to agree with this. You broke up with her, and six months later she's already living in Texas with her new husband? There is NO WAY she started this new relationship AFTER she broke up with you. :unsure:

Even if things progressed at a lightening pace, there would have to be at least a few weeks of online courtship, a trip to the Phils to satisfy the 2 year meeting requirement, filing the I-129F immediately on return, incredibly fast processing by USCIS and the embassy in Manila, followed by an approved visa, a quick trip to the US, and then marriage to her Texas fiance. If it was a CR1 then it would have taken even longer.

No, she had this guy on a stringer before you broke up with her. Who knows how many other guys she may have also been playing. When you broke up she probably told this guy to file the petition the next day. Now she's probably decided she doesn't much like living where she's living, or who she's living with, so she's looking for greener pastures in addition to a green card.

I'm sorry, but the timeline just screams fraud. Keep shopping. You don't want this one. :no:

:thumbs:

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I've read this thread several times and have tried to look at it from her viewpoint...

Even putting this in the best light and assuming that she's not "greencard shopping" there are still a lot of questions:

Apparently she trusted this guy and "her new family" more than she trusted you?

If you love someone, and I mean really truly from the deepest part of you love someone then how can you not trust them? Why didn't she ask you if you'd already found another woman and married her?

You said that you had a 3 year relationship with this woman, why was she able to so easily dismiss you then?

Filed: Other Timeline

It's hard to see the forest in front of you when your mind is blinded.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I would walk away. This sounds like a lot of drama for someone to potentially use you. Even if she isn't using you for anything, I wouldn't be able to trust her after this.

I know that is not what you're asking, but you two had your chance, and it didn't work out. It didn't work out twice and now she's married. Let it go and find someone else who loves you.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I agree. She sounds like trouble.

12/25/2004 - Met my future hubby while on trip to Gambia

12/13/2006 - Married my hubby in Gambia (West Africa)

12/08/2007 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock box. USPS Express Mail December 08,'07, 7:44 pm

02/05/2008 - I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy Received in mailbox

05/27/2008 - Filed Expedite Request by phone with CSR

06/01/2008 - Received Denial Email

06/05/2008 - Filed 2nd request

06/23/2008 - Expedite Approved

07/27/2008 - NOA2

10/21/2008 - Case complete at NVC (Technically was expedited to embassy)

11/06/2008 - Interview at Dakar Embassy

11/06/2008 - Notice (show more income evidence from petitioner)

11/07/2008 - Case on hold

11/18/2008 - 2nd Interview Date

11/18/2008 - Notice (Show even more income and ORIGINAL docs now from 1st cosponsor

12/23/2008 - Received email for 3rd Interview scheduled for March 25th, 2009. Bring Pics

01/23/2009- In Gambia with hubby

03/25/2009- Interview

04/09/2009- POE Atlanta (CR-1 Status until 2011)

04/13/2009- husband arrested for domestic violence (Aggravated Assault-Felony)

05/19/2009- Filed for divorce

06/02/2009- Letter sent to immigration detailing abuse & fraud

09/08/2009- Divorce Hearing

09/10/2009- Divorce Trial (Continued)

03/11/2010- Notice To Appear issued

03/22/2010- Divorced

05/18/2010- Deportation Master Hearing

05/18/2010- Deportation Ordered

06/17/2010- Appeal Time Over. ICE picked him up. In Jail

08/10/2010- Another Master Hearing Scheduled. Out of jail.

05/31/2012- Individual Hearing Scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.