Tamakiz

Confused, Divorce remarry

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well thank you all for your concern, but as I stated in the beginning, I cut the story extremely short, and it made it difficult to understand. I will recap some details just so that the story becomes clear, but i am still interested in any ideas on how this could be done without her moving back to the Philippines.

We met in late 2005

I traveled there to see her every 4-6 months in those 3+ years

Yes of course we had our misunderstandings and disagreements in those years, but who doesnt.

in late 2008 we had a disagreement that was of enough concern for me to abandon the relationship. (looking back, it was my stubborness that was more the issue than what she had done)

for 3 months she begged me to come back, and we did discuss it, but nothing really ignited.

3 months after that (6 months total) we began talking again, but she had met a man online and was also talking to him now.

In the next 6 months we talked but infrequently, as neither of us was sure it was a good idea to get back together.

Finally after over a full year of being broke up, I confessed that I missed her, and it was what she was waiting for.

However relatives of her new BF, told her that I was married and she should forget about me.

She stopped contact for about a month, all of which i sent several emails being concerned where she was. I contacted all her relatives but noone would talk to me about it.

Finally she told me that because of the news, she went through with the marriage to this man, even though she was waiting for me. She would have canceled being with him if she knew.

We have all seen many american movies with this same theme, I know I know. My mind about what to do isnt made up, but right now, I would like to know if it is even possible.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

... i am still interested in any ideas on how this could be done without her moving back to the Philippines.

I don't think you're going to find any. She can't AOS based on her current marriage, since it's not a bona fide marriage now, and she cannot AOS on any other grounds since she entered on a K-1. Any route at this point involves a divorce and pursuing the process from abroad as a fresh petition -- K-1s are very restrictive like that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ok, that post clears up the timeline issues a bit. :thumbs:

I agree with gwenneh. A K1 can only adjust status based on marriage to the petitioner. The only way she could stay here and eventually marry you is if she stays in her current marriage long enough to get a conditional green card, eventually removes conditions on the green card, either after being married two years or by self-petitioning after divorce, and then marries you. There is no scenario whereby she can remain in the US and obtain legal status through you. Not with a K1 entry.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

I see another issue here. You want her to stay here and adjust status and then leave that poor man and come to you. I would be very uncomfortable with any person who can do this to another person. It just shows how mean and selfish she and/or you are. The best way to do it is to divorce and let that poor man off the hook. She should go back and then you can file for a K1 or marry her and file a CR1.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I see another issue here. You want her to stay here and adjust status and then leave that poor man and come to you. I would be very uncomfortable with any person who can do this to another person. It just shows how mean and selfish she and/or you are. The best way to do it is to divorce and let that poor man off the hook. She should go back and then you can file for a K1 or marry her and file a CR1.

thanks for replying with a sense of ethic. too many people in this world poach marriages, stealing out of them whatever they think they want. but karma is a ######. if a man steals a woman who is not happy with her husband, chances are, she is part of the problem and will just transfer the same relationship onto him. this is why i never overlap or involve with overlapping women, but have known many women who have. i have few male acquaintances who have overlapped, and those men are creeps, even worse than the cheating women.

the again, people have been shot for less, and people are killed every day by aggreived spouses. in a few recent cases the killings were ruled as justifiable. perhaps they should be, routinely.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well thank you all for your responses, I agree the issue is futile at best. However, Please save your judgements. I never said I was going to follow through, nor was she. I was asking if this hypothetical issue could be handled a certain way.

For those of you concerned, I have decided today to let the matter drop. There have been and still are too many questions or uncertainties with her. Thank you for your time though, and have a good day.

Well thank you all for your responses, I agree the issue is futile at best. However, Please save your judgements. I never said I was going to follow through, nor was she. I was asking if this hypothetical issue could be handled a certain way.

For those of you concerned, I have decided today to let the matter drop. There have been and still are too many questions or uncertainties with her. Thank you for your time though, and have a good day.

Sometimes, it's really hard to let go of 'what-if . . .' and illusions, I am glad you are going to. It will get better, once you finally move on. Good luck.

Edited by Married2009

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.