Jad28

Any kind of help, plz i-485 Denied -signed deportation document

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

today i went to my interview , the lady who was mean to me she didnt like me at all ,anyway after many questions she has told me , your case is denied and she was repeating to me , the best thing you have to do is to be deported which i did , and she said if you want to work here ( it is difficult to work here because of the economy crs, i mean it is not here business , she ask questions thats it , but excuse my language this racist , i mean because we didnt have pictures , whats this , that means nothing , because we dont know if the relationship is serious with a pictures it is not a proof , anyway brothers and sisters ,the fact i was shocked by it , i signed my deportation , so i want to know is there any possibilty or do you have any ideas or propositions , iam stuck and the woman i repeat she was racist and mean and she was a monster ,anyway whats done is already done , any advices it ll be so nice , thanks a lot and good luck in your process friends ,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
i signed my deportation
If you did this, then have a safe trip back to your country.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

What were you AOSing off from? That is, on what visa did you enter the U.S.?

What were the list of questions asked and the responses given to them?

Seriously? Not one picture? IMO, that is a huge red flag.

If you did try to AOS off a B-2, then I believe there is no appeal for a denied AOS.

Do you have any overstay at this point?

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If you signed yer deportation document -

then I think you waived the right to a deportation HEARING.

Which isn't helpful, at all.

Suggest, strongly, you get an immigration attorney on Wednesday.

You need one, if you have desire to remain in the USA.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Adjustment of status cases don't get denied because of pictures - you may think that is why - or that is the reason you're posting here, but I suspect there were other reasons.

There is no appeal process that I know of - especially if you signed some sort of voluntary deportation agreement.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

today i went to my interview , the lady who was mean to me she didnt like me at all ,anyway after many questions she has told me , your case is denied and she was repeating to me , the best thing you have to do is to be deported which i did , and she said if you want to work here ( it is difficult to work here because of the economy crs, i mean it is not here business , she ask questions thats it , but excuse my language this racist , i mean because we didnt have pictures , whats this , that means nothing , because we dont know if the relationship is serious with a pictures it is not a proof , anyway brothers and sisters ,the fact i was shocked by it , i signed my deportation , so i want to know is there any possibilty or do you have any ideas or propositions , iam stuck and the woman i repeat she was racist and mean and she was a monster ,anyway whats done is already done , any advices it ll be so nice , thanks a lot and good luck in your process friends ,

From here: http://faq.visapro.com/Adjustment-of-Status-FAQ3.asp

"If your application to adjust status to permanent residence is denied, you will receive a letter that will tell you why the application was denied. If you are not in a current, legal status, the process to remove you from the country will begin as soon as your application is denied. You will be allowed to have an immigration judge review the denial of your application during removal proceedings. During this review, Immigration must prove that the facts on your application were untruthful and that your application was properly denied. If the immigration judge decides to remove you from the country, you may appeal this decision. Generally, you may appeal within 33 days after the immigration judge decides to remove you from the country. After your appeal form and a required fee are processed, the appeal will be referred to the Board of Immigration Appeals in Washington, D.C."

HOWEVER, you signed the deportation thingy (do you know exactly what it was) so none of that applies to you. You should not have signed anything which i'm sure you know now. All you can do now is return home and attempt a CR-1 visa, bearing in mind you will need to overcome whatever it was that you did, or didn't do, to cause the denial.

I'm sorry. Good luck.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

I agree with the others. You sealed your own fate by signing the deportation letter (or whatever it's called). I'm sure you felt backed into a corner, but I wish you would have told her you'd rather have an attorney present before signing anything. I believe you have that right.

Sorry about the outcome.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicate thread moved from AOS from work, student and visitor visa to AOS from Family visa as OP arrived on a K-1, merged with existing duplicate thread, and duplicate post removed.

I would also remind everyone that there is no need to be rude to the OP. This is a distressing situation for him and it doesn't help if your comments are phrased in such a way as to add to that stress.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

thanks for your replies , for those who have understood my situations thanks a lot , for those who were unfair in their comments i said anyway good luck for you , have a nice trip is not a good answer for someone who was pushed in the corner , anyway i excuse your ignorance , you have just prooved the kind of people that you are .and i applause those who were so nice to me .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No matter how I feel about someone's situation, I keep my comments to myself, but this time I will not. I have seen several comments with this same statement and sarcasim before. Not one person on VJ would like a response such as "have a safe trip" or WHATEVER. I think it is RUDE and being SARCASTIC, and don't deny it. We all came to VJ for advise and answers, and those that are straightforward in their advise, that's not a problem at all because I prefer straight forwardness rather than beating around the bush answers.

qip3dmkzd14e.png

01/05/12 - Mailed I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions.

01/09/12 - Petiton arrived us VSC.

11/15/12 - Wife Received ten year PR Card.

Adjustment of status cases don't get denied because of pictures - you may think that is why - or that is the reason you're posting here, but I suspect there were other reasons.

There is no appeal process that I know of - especially if you signed some sort of voluntary deportation agreement.

I have to say that after a few hesitations and some forgetfulness, I didn't think our interview was going so well either. She asked in a sort of doubtful tone about any pictures - I felt like it was just to make sure she checked all the boxes before making an unfavorable decision, and then the whole thing did a complete 180 turn when I showed her a handful of pictures showing us in several settings and at several events around the wedding and places we'd been together since. The tone of her voice and the whole interview changed at that exact point. We backed it up and things kept getting better with several financial/insurance records in our names to seal the deal. If they failed to provide pictures or other proofs of relationship (not very well defined, but many lists here on VJ) it could have been a big contributing cause to the reason for denial.

Regardless, this issue is probably beyond what VJers can advise on. I agree with the others who have said that it sounds like you've already voluntarily agreed to deportation, and IF it is possible to appeal at all, it is most advisable to have a lawyer.

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Bite me, please," he replied with greatest respect. The OP stated & asked "i signed my deportation , so i want to know is there any possibilty." How is the answer "if you signed this, have a safe trip back to your country" beating around the bush or NOT straightforward? How are you so sure that the "have a safe trip" was meant to be rude or sarcastic, and not tinged with sympathy or sorrow? The OP admitted that he signed his deportation order, which is a formal contract between himself and the U.S. government, so that's that. He must leave the U.S. -- by law and by his own consent -- and people hope that he does so safely. In accordance with the foregoing, it is respectfully suggested that you think about all angles of an issue before not keeping your comments to yourself.

No need for the "Bite me" comment. All opinions are those of a personal opinion.

qip3dmkzd14e.png

01/05/12 - Mailed I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions.

01/09/12 - Petiton arrived us VSC.

11/15/12 - Wife Received ten year PR Card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No need for the "Bite me" comment. All opinions are those of a personal opinion.

I agree. There are ways of offering advice and information that don't belittle or ridicule the poster. People may not always make the wisest decisions when backed into a corner and instead of gloating about their predicament or being callous, either post something constructive and useful keeping in mind the OPs likely state of mind - or say nothing at all. Visa Journey is supposed to be a forum of support and help, and even straight forward facts can be stated in a way that comes across as supportive. I have already left one warning in this thread. Please consider this the 2nd warning.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.