Jad28

Any kind of help, plz i-485 Denied -signed deportation document

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
No need for the "Bite me" comment. All opinions are those of a personal opinion.
Next time, to avoid being asked to bite anybody, please refrain from slamming people with "opinions that are of a personal opinion" (?). Back on point, I agree completely with Heather's second paragraph. Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Next time, to avoid being asked to bite anybody, please refrain from slamming people with "opinions that are of a personal opinion" (?). Back on point, I agree completely with Heather's second paragraph.

Let's stop with the back-and-forth. Signing off.

qip3dmkzd14e.png

01/05/12 - Mailed I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions.

01/09/12 - Petiton arrived us VSC.

11/15/12 - Wife Received ten year PR Card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Let's stop with the back-and-forth. Signing off.
Agreed. Peace.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you did sign an agreement of deportation, I'd find an immigration attorney yesterday! and see if you can still salvage the situation. Be prepared to show tons of evidence of the bonafide relationship but any comments of you should have had this or that won't matter now if you're already under deportation.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

I've been guilty of some comments that have come over not exactly the way I intended, so let me try to do this a bit more gentle.

You did not provide us with all the important information, so I'm just guessing that you married a US citizen in the United States while visiting here with a B2 or perhaps a student visa. When applying for adjustment of status (AOS), the Immigration Officer (I.O.) has one primary job: finding out if the marriage is legit, meaning if it was entered out of "love" and affection, not because the foreigner would greatly benefit from such marriage by getting a Green Card.

I've walked in your shoes, so I know the walk.

When trying to establish whether or not the marriage is legit, the I.O. has to use common sense and common "standards." What I mean with that is that she would have looked at every angle of your relationship. How you met, how long you knew each other, what you do for a living, whether or not you appear to be compatible, and how you got married. To tell you the truth, it is very unusual for a married couple not to have a single photo of their wedding. Even small weddings have in most cases at least a friend of family member ("best man") present, and getting married is one of the most exciting moments in most people's lives.

I don't know how the I.O. came to the conclusion that your relationship isn't real, but she did. By the way, in your post you didn't mention with a single word how your wife would be affected by you having to leave the country. No offense, but I find that strange as well.

In any case, if somebody is married "for love" and the I.O. tells them that she believes that their marriage is fraudulent and asks them to sign a statement to that effect (signing that the I.O. is correct), I doubt that many people would do that. Had that happened to me I would have said: "you are wrong; I am not signing this statement. I would like to speak with a supervisor, please."

But you didn't. You signed your deportation papers, for reasons only you know. But at this point of your journey, I doubt that there's anything you can do. Even if you were to hire a competent immigration attorney, you'd only have a slim chance that an immigration judge would wipe your signed statement clear as if you never signed it, then overrule the decision of the I.O., and finally approve your AOS case.

I have to agree with every word, comma, sentence and period. I think this was well said.

qip3dmkzd14e.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Because I am new to this whole process, I can't imagine what kind of horrible thoughts are flooding your mind. It seems that it would be a difficult one to reverse, but I really hope that you can find a way. All the best.

Yes! I am approved!!! :)

It took only two (2) months to be approved. Hooray!

Timeline

December 5, 2009 - I-485 application was submitted.

January 12, 2010 - I-485 application was re-submitted due to address error.

January 20, 2010 - I-485 application receipt notice arrived.

January 25, 2010 - Biometrics notice arrived.

February 9, 2010 - Biometrics taken at local USCIS office.

March 5, 2010 - Initial Interview notice arrived.

April 15, 2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived out of blue.

April 29, 2010 - Initial Interview scheduled and... APPROVED!!! :) Conditional GC will arrive in 2-3 weeks.

April 30, 2010 - SSN reactivated. Newly printed card will arrive in 3-5 days.

May 7, 2010 - Welcome Notice arrived! Hooray! :)

May 8, 2010 - Freshly printed SSN card arrived.

May 26, 2010 - Conditional GC issued.

June 1, 2010 - Conditional GC ARRIVED! Yippee! :)

June 2, 2010 - SSN upgraded. Newly printed card will arrive in a week.

June 9, 2010 - Freshly printed SSN arrived.

October 10, 2011 - I-751 petition was submitted.

October 18, 2011 - I-751 petition was returned. It turned out to be USCIS's error sending it back to me.

October 19, 2011 - I-751 petition was re-submitted.

October 26, 2011 - I-751 petition receipt notice arrived.

November 18, 2011 - Biometrics taken at local USCIS office.

December 27, 2011 - I-751 petition Approval letter was issued.

December 28, 2011 - I-751 petition Approval letter arrived

December 29, 2011 - GC was issued.

December 30, 2011 - GC arrived.

Timeline

Because I am new to this whole process, I can't imagine what kind of horrible thoughts are flooding your mind. It seems that it would be a difficult one to reverse, but I really hope that you can find a way. All the best.

You're commenting on something you have no understanding of. I responded to a poster that simply reworded their thoughts that I found much kinder in the end versus their previous post and I was commending them. So therefore, there are no horrible thoughts.

Edited by Mike N Julie

qip3dmkzd14e.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
MacTo wrote: Because I am new to this whole process, I can't imagine what kind of horrible thoughts are flooding your mind. It seems that it would be a difficult one to reverse, but I really hope that you can find a way. All the best.

You're commenting on something you have no understanding of. I responded to a poster that simply reworded their thoughts that I found much kinder in the end versus their previous post and I was commending them. So therefore, there are no horrible thoughts.

I think this poster was directing his comments to the original OP:) and not the previous post.

Just Bob, thank you for clarifying your comments and expressing what you had to say in a way that is useful to the OP.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

First, yes, I am new to this. Second, I replied to the OP with kind words I can give. Cheers.

Yes! I am approved!!! :)

It took only two (2) months to be approved. Hooray!

Timeline

December 5, 2009 - I-485 application was submitted.

January 12, 2010 - I-485 application was re-submitted due to address error.

January 20, 2010 - I-485 application receipt notice arrived.

January 25, 2010 - Biometrics notice arrived.

February 9, 2010 - Biometrics taken at local USCIS office.

March 5, 2010 - Initial Interview notice arrived.

April 15, 2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived out of blue.

April 29, 2010 - Initial Interview scheduled and... APPROVED!!! :) Conditional GC will arrive in 2-3 weeks.

April 30, 2010 - SSN reactivated. Newly printed card will arrive in 3-5 days.

May 7, 2010 - Welcome Notice arrived! Hooray! :)

May 8, 2010 - Freshly printed SSN card arrived.

May 26, 2010 - Conditional GC issued.

June 1, 2010 - Conditional GC ARRIVED! Yippee! :)

June 2, 2010 - SSN upgraded. Newly printed card will arrive in a week.

June 9, 2010 - Freshly printed SSN arrived.

October 10, 2011 - I-751 petition was submitted.

October 18, 2011 - I-751 petition was returned. It turned out to be USCIS's error sending it back to me.

October 19, 2011 - I-751 petition was re-submitted.

October 26, 2011 - I-751 petition receipt notice arrived.

November 18, 2011 - Biometrics taken at local USCIS office.

December 27, 2011 - I-751 petition Approval letter was issued.

December 28, 2011 - I-751 petition Approval letter arrived

December 29, 2011 - GC was issued.

December 30, 2011 - GC arrived.

Timeline

First, yes, I am new to this. Second, I replied to the OP with kind words I can give. Cheers.

I guess we are all still feeling our ways around the new VJ. I am getting posts that were meant for others. Cheers.

qip3dmkzd14e.png

I've been guilty of some comments that have come over not exactly the way I intended, so let me try to do this a bit more gentle.

You did not provide us with all the important information, so I'm just guessing that you married a US citizen in the United States while visiting here with a B2 or perhaps a student visa. When applying for adjustment of status (AOS), the Immigration Officer (I.O.) has one primary job: finding out if the marriage is legit, meaning if it was entered out of "love" and affection, not because the foreigner would greatly benefit from such marriage by getting a Green Card.

I've walked in your shoes, so I know the walk.

When trying to establish whether or not the marriage is legit, the I.O. has to use common sense and common "standards." What I mean with that is that she would have looked at every angle of your relationship. How you met, how long you knew each other, what you do for a living, whether or not you appear to be compatible, and how you got married. To tell you the truth, it is very unusual for a married couple not to have a single photo of their wedding. Even small weddings have in most cases at least a friend of family member ("best man") present, and getting married is one of the most exciting moments in most people's lives.

I don't know how the I.O. came to the conclusion that your relationship isn't real, but she did. By the way, in your post you didn't mention with a single word how your wife would be affected by you having to leave the country. No offense, but I find that strange as well.

In any case, if somebody is married "for love" and the I.O. tells them that she believes that their marriage is fraudulent and asks them to sign a statement to that effect (signing that the I.O. is correct), I doubt that many people would do that. Had that happened to me I would have said: "you are wrong; I am not signing this statement. I would like to speak with a supervisor, please."

But you didn't. You signed your deportation papers, for reasons only you know. But at this point of your journey, I doubt that there's anything you can do. Even if you were to hire a competent immigration attorney, you'd only have a slim chance that an immigration judge would wipe your signed statement clear as if you never signed it, then overrule the decision of the I.O., and finally approve your AOS case.

Bob,

OP has several topics on K-1 forum so he came on a K-1 visa. His double post was in AOS from tourist... visas but I think it was there as he was trying to get more advice. Later his second topic was merged with this one.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes exactly , anyway i was in the obligation to sign this deportation because you dont know anything about how and why for those were so rude , and yes be straight is fair but with a rude way is unfair , you can say it it is your right as an ignorant man who maybe was lucky ,i think i ll appeal and i ll not give up so easily because everything was fine with me , and i think i had all the necessary proof , maybe it was not my day , maybe it is good for me to leave this country for people like you, and yes beating around the bush is a naughty gesture to do , and not polit at all ,good luck for you in your life even if you dont need my advices , best wish , and for those who are really human with a nicely help and kind , i really applause again your encouragment and support . but i have never seen in my life , someone said i mean the officer the interviewer , you know find a work here in usa is so difficult because of the actual crs , you ll better do if you sign it , i mean she wanted me to leave i dont know why , thats why i say , she is racist and yes she is , and she was not doing her job , she was pushin me in the corner to let me feel depressed .

Thanks a lot and Respect for Those who deserve to be in VJ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Jad28 - did you consult with immigration attorney, yet? Your calendar is short, hurry hurry !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.