Nik+Heather

Civil Surgeons who DON'T rip you off [merged threads]

322 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 1/11/2020 at 3:39 PM, adamj7 said:

Just went and picked up my completed Vaccination Transcript. Can’t recommend Dr Ripa highly enough. Very friendly reception staff and great price. Definitely give them a call if you need vaccination transcription services. 

Not actually got the transcript yet, but I called a few places before this one, and as the above posters said the staff were incredibly helpful and already familiar with the ICS procedure so knew exactly what I wanted.  

Also, they got me a timeslot only a few days from new (Tues) rather than the others which had earliest appointments at 2 weeks minimum.

Timeline
On 1/24/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mahin said:

Not actually got the transcript yet, but I called a few places before this one, and as the above posters said the staff were incredibly helpful and already familiar with the ICS procedure so knew exactly what I wanted.  

Also, they got me a timeslot only a few days from new (Tues) rather than the others which had earliest appointments at 2 weeks minimum.

Either I'm being an idiot or I can't edit my previous post...

Either way, thought it might be worth mentioning that for All Healthy Style Medical PC, I was told it would cost $450 for the vaccination transcript if paid out of pocket.  

• 5 weeks later...

Cheapest Dr probably in the whole country

Dr. Dong Lin

950 Stockton Street Suite 207

San Francisco CA 94108

$150  cash for the exam. is ok with getting all the blood work + vaccines through health insurance. Very quick turn around in 2 days 

Edited by Donald120383

duh

Just wanted to update for Chicago people.  Saw way earlier on thread from 2014 @M J recommended Dr. Askari. My husband used her on Friday and all went well.  She was kind, helpful, and knowledgeable. Price has gone up a bit from before, updating things here: 

Chicago - NW Suburbs

CS Name/Office: Ruhi Askari, M.D.

Address: 3433 Kirchoff Rd

City/Town: Rolling Meadows, IL 60008

CS Tel. No: (847) 870-0506

Date of Service: 1/28/2020
Cost: $95 (for vaccine transcription only)
Turnaround Time: Same day, appointment required

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 9/15/2017 at 10:39 AM, Jessica Donahue said:

We went to Dr. Sunita Lohiya in Santa Ana, we made the trip from San Diego.  We got the MMR, DTP, and Influenza vaccines at San Diego County Public Health Centers for around $6 each.  I took the documentation to Dr. Lohiya and she performed a Varicella titer to see if we needed the vaccine.  After informing us that the titer showed evidence of a previous vaccine, she transcribed the vaccines without issue, I think her fee was $30 for the transcription.  With the titer she saved us around $100 and the unhappy grogginess of getting an unnecessary vaccine.  We ended up spending less than $100 for all the vaccines and the transcription.

I called beforehand, and her staff was very forthcoming about prices and the process.  Everyone in the office was very knowledgable about our needs for the visa process.  Later, when UCSIS lost our I-693, she provided a copy for a nominal fee.

I feel like the drive was well worth it to have an honest and knowledgable civil surgeon for our paperwork.

Dr. Sunita Lohiya

1120 W Warner Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92707

Phone number(714) 444-4448

Thanks You

She charges 55 dollars no for just transcription. You need to reminded them when you get there you just need the vaccination transcription only. Otherwise they will try to make you do the full exam. As I was calling around for place to do this transcription. A lot of places want to do the full medical exam or other wise charge you between 140-175 just for transcriptions.

Looking at this thread, it looks like I got ripped off pretty hard. 🥵  $650 for the test and transcriptions and $230 for the additional vaccines they had to give me.  Too bad I didn't see this thread at the time and went to the nearest civil surgeon I had.  

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 5/14/2019 at 9:47 AM, Matt&Savannah said:

Anyone know of any civil surgeons in the orange county, CA and surrounding area that will transcribe vaccinations and not make me complete full medical??

Thanks

Hey, wondering if you found anyone in LA/OC? I am in same boat, need vaccination transcription, but not full medical. Any help appreciated!

Thansk!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

For anyone around Austin-Houston area

South East Texas

CS Name/Office: Dr Bobby Marek

Address: 600 N Park St,

City/Town: Brenham, TX 77833

CS Tel. No: (979) 830-0503

Date of Service: 4/08/2020
Cost: $135 (Physical)
Turnaround Time: 3 weeks ahead for an appointment, during Covid 19

Great guy, it only took one visit. One piece of advice though is to have everything done before meeting with him, especially the T-spot because they were charging 350 for it. I did a bunch of titer and shots at my university and it was totally free.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 3/6/2020 at 11:42 AM, p.dang said:

Thanks You

She charges 55 dollars no for just transcription. You need to reminded them when you get there you just need the vaccination transcription only. Otherwise they will try to make you do the full exam. As I was calling around for place to do this transcription. A lot of places want to do the full medical exam or other wise charge you between 140-175 just for transcriptions.

@GRASGM

Dr. Sunita Lohiya

1120 W Warner Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92707

Phone number(714) 444-4448

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 5/20/2020 at 10:44 PM, jcracked52 said:

Doctor I am going to is charging $400 for medical exam and lab tests.  If I need any vaccinations, that would be separate. Is that reasonable?

It seems expensive I would say

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi!

Anyone has tried the website www.easyime.com recently? Is it reliable?

Also, if by any chance someone in the DC area can recommend some doctors that would be cool.

• 5 months later...

City/ Town: Las Vegas

State: Nevada

Date of Service: 1/28/2021

CS Name: Dr. Prabhu

CS Tel. no: incl. area code: 1 (702) 877-9514

Cost: $40 (transcription for vaccines).

Vaccine Transcription only available: Yes

Turnaround time: Same day

When you call, ask for Lacey in the immigration department. She'll know about having the vaccinations transcribed without taking another exam.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Does anyone have some suggestion for Souther California/ San Diego?
I am currently calling offices but everywhere it's more than 100$ fur just the vaccine transcripts. 
I am about to just go and spend it, out of frustration.
Help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

City/ Town: SAN DIEGO

State: California

CS Name: Dr. Hossain Ali Ronaghy

CS Tel. no: incl. area code: (619) 275-2700

Cost: N/A

Vaccine Transcription only available: No - he was referred to by so many here, but his phone is disconnected

Turnaround time: N/A

CS Name: Dr. Charles Liu

CS Tel. no: incl. area code: (858) 270-9270

Cost: $135 (transcription for vaccines).

Turnaround time: Same day

CS Name: Dr. Nokeo Songvilay

CS Tel. no: incl. area code: (619) 692-9331

Cost: $259 (transcription for vaccines).

CS Name: Dr. Collin Teguh

CS Tel. no: incl. area code: (619) 281-8988

Cost: N/A

Vaccine Transcription only available: No - does not provide the service any longer

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/3/2011 at 9:54 PM, Avelline said:

City/ Town: Akron

State: Ohio

Date of Service: 08/11

CS Name: Ray E Benson @ Concentra Medical Center

CS Tel. no: (330) 724-3345

Cost: $43

Vaccine Transcription only available: N

Turnaround time: 40 mins

After calling every number from the USCIS website of doctors in my area, I am happy I went with Akron's Concentra. The receptionist I spoke to was very helpful and even called me back to confirm the cost. There was a mixup at the time of my interview (they initially thought I needed a physical exam) but the doctor cleared that up and I wasn't charged for the exam. Dr. Benson was friendly and was happy to fill out the paperwork and have a chat about immigration. :)

Beware of the Concentra in Cleveland though. When I called them I had a very unpleasant talk with the receptionist who told me that they "don't do AoS" and that they ONLY do physical exams for immigration, then she hung up on me.

11 years later I am writing to report that Dr. Benson is still at Concentra Akron and still performing this service. Finding this recommendation was really helpful because we had terrible luck at the first civil surgeon before we found this thread. The only thing that I would add is that they don't take insurance for the vaccines so get them somewhere else. The price has increased a whopping $4 for the paperwork to $47.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.