Scott & Lai

My personal economy has tanked....

75 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Sorry to hear your news. It sounds like you have some really useful skills. Hopefully you will find something great really soon.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Best of luck in the search Scott... OG MY GOODNESS.. has it been two years since you started that job... wow... .. your a good guy.. think positive... something will come your way...

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

I'll be thinking about you, Scott. Just don't give up. I'm sure if the President of the company did not want you to go, it was for a good reason. Hopefully, you have some great letters of reference in hand, and this may lead to different, better opportunities for you later on.

Ken

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Oh dear, that sucks! The same thing happened to me a few years back, so I can imagine how you feel.

I hope you find something soon. A temping agency is certainly a good idea and might even get you a foot in the door with other companies. Things always happen for a reason, maybe you will end up with a position way better than the last one.

I keep my fingers crossed for you, Scott!

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am sorry to hear your news. Keep your chin up. Where in Cali. are you? I may be able to help.

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I am sorry to hear your news. Keep your chin up. Where in Cali. are you? I may be able to help.

I sent you a PM. Good luck.

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

Sorry to hear about this Scott. I hope things come together for you very soon. You sound like someone that has a positive outlook and your many skills and abilities will surely help a new employer! Keep us up to date. You're in my thoughts.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I wish you the best of luck. I was there just 3 years ago and I remember how bad it sucked.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Scott,

I am very sorry for your misfortune. I know timing is very bad. Heck it is always bad when they lay you off. If I recall you live very close to the USCIS center there in CA? Don't die from laughter but I think it may be interesting to check with them to see if they are hiring. 1) You possess various clerical and office skills which would be useful, 2) you have a unique insight into the immigration process that I am thinking many of the employees there do not have. I would think that if they are hiring and they are close to you that the prospects might be in your favor. Maybe it's worth a try?

Good luck and try not to settle unless you absolutely have to.

Bill & Tanya

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

wow, i am very sorry scott.. i wish you the best in your job search..and keep my fingers crossed for you

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You should try to get into medical sales. It's almost recession proof and the pay is very good. Endoscopic equipment is a hot item. Olympus has the majority of the flexible scope market and Stryker is an up and comer in the rigid market. In fact, if you could get on with Stryker you'd be golden.

Edited by WideAwakeInTheUSA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Move to Rifle, Colorado there is one major oil tar sand extraction boom rush going on there now, and all kinds of good paying jobs, plus you are right between Glenwood Springs(ski resort area and springs, mountains) and Grand Junction. Good luck. :thumbs:

I lost my job early last month :( I went in to work on the 9th (Monday) fully expecting to have a review for a raise. The meeting started after I came back from lunch, with one too many people in the room: the HR director. The senior vice president, who headed my department, started talking about the economy; I thought, "This isn't how you start a review..." He emphasized that it had nothing to do with my performance, but that my position was being eliminated due to economic troubles the company was having this year. I wasn't the only one let go that day, and I am told more lay-offs would follow. The senior VP had fully intended for me to be there for a long time, but the company president told him the previous Friday after hours that people would have to be let go, and that included my position. On the way out, I talked with another VP who I worked with in my department. She found out what happened just a few hours before I did, and was completely shocked. She asked the senior VP, "Why does it have to be him??" She told me I was like her left hand, and also said that if I was being let go, then she should probably update here resume as well, figuring that she might not be around in a few weeks herself.

I've sent out a bunch of resumes, but haven't had much luck so far. I did have an interview last week for a position similar to what I had, but they haven't decided yet; they have a lot of people to go through.