2018JNJ

January 2018 Filers

3,943 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

My package was received January 5th at the Texas lockbox and I still have yet to receive any notification. It’s been 5 days since the date of receipt. They haven’t cashed my check yet either. I just want the first notification so I know somethings going on 😫

Edit: && yes I did fill out form G-1145

Edited by gsdc23
Clarification

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello there guys! Just wanted to chime in into the topic, and join all the other amazing January filers. I sent my package January 8th, and it should be there tomorrow. My uncle went through this process and he said it went quickly for him. So hoping that his luck will pass on to me! Well anyways good luck to all of you, do not lose patience.

event.png

event.png

1 hour ago, CCordero said:

Hello there guys! Just wanted to chime in into the topic, and join all the other amazing January filers. I sent my package January 8th, and it should be there tomorrow. My uncle went through this process and he said it went quickly for him. So hoping that his luck will pass on to me! Well anyways good luck to all of you, do not lose patience.

Hello and good luck on the process im also a january filer , when did your uncle start the process how long did his k1 take 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jovanni said:

Hello and good luck on the process im also a january filer , when did your uncle start the process how long did his k1 take 

Yea please tell me how long your uncle takes process? Which city?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi all January filers! I just sent in the I-129F yesterday, USPS estimates delivery tomorrow at 8 p.m. Hoping to receive NOA1 next week if all goes well. I don't know everyone else but I definitely get stressed out thinking about how slow the process has gotten. Just a year ago cases were being processed in 3-5 months. *Sigh* At least it's still not unreasonably long for most. Crossing my fingers that they hire more officers and start getting more efficient with their process. And so the wait begins.

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

7 minutes ago, lilit829 said:

Hi all January filers! I just sent in the I-129F yesterday, USPS estimates delivery tomorrow at 8 p.m. Hoping to receive NOA1 next week if all goes well. I don't know everyone else but I definitely get stressed out thinking about how slow the process has gotten. Just a year ago cases were being processed in 3-5 months. *Sigh* At least it's still not unreasonably long for most. Crossing my fingers that they hire more officers and start getting more efficient with their process. And so the wait begins.

Our application should get there tomorrow as well! Not sure what time because my fiance has the tracking information, but we're also hoping for a speedy NOA1! :D Good luck to you, and hopefully the approvals will pick up now that the holiday season is passed. (With the exception, I think, of another holiday on Monday?)

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
5 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

Our application should get there tomorrow as well! Not sure what time because my fiance has the tracking information, but we're also hoping for a speedy NOA1! :D Good luck to you, and hopefully the approvals will pick up now that the holiday season is passed. (With the exception, I think, of another holiday on Monday?)

Yes, there's MLK Day on Monday, totally forgot about that. But still hoping for it sometime next week. I sure hope they start picking up! If I go by the estimated date VJ is giving us the NOA2 approval (hopefully) will happen towards late July/ early August 2017. Which is fine for me (obviously hope it happens sooner) but scares me a bit as the entirety of Italy essentially stops functioning bureaucratically during August. Good luck to you guys too!

Edited by lilit829

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

Timeline
15 hours ago, Jovanni said:

My uncle did this a few years back, so maybe that is why it was quicker. But still hoping for a short wait as well.

event.png

event.png

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Cabovercat said:

Hi Guys! I'm a June 26th NOA1

I just wanted to check in and give you an idea of how long this may take.

I got my NOA2  192 days after NOA1.  And just so you don't get too exited , I'll tell you straight out,  I'm one of the Lucky ones. My case was actually done close to the estimated time....we still have brothers and sisters from over a month ahead of me (Mid May) who have heard nothing from the USCIS yet.

Please don't believe too much of all the starry eyed promises you may read elsewhere about a 3 month wait! These predictions are outdated irrelevant to what we face today.  I would advise all of you to prepare for the worst case otherwise you will suffer as much as I did on false hopes. 

I have an acquaintance who filed in November 2016 and was only 50 days to POE!!!! I foolishly based my timeline on this.  Don't do this my friends!

also keep in mind, the USCIS can keep pushing back estimated wait times indefinitely as far we have been able to tell, and there is no stated reason for this at all.  So don't think that the times will remain constant over the whole period of the wait.  They won't!

I wish you all the best of luck and we all hope and prey that the wait times will start to come back down to earth soon!

But in the meantime, be realistic with yourself and evaluate how you will survive what might take up to 10 to 12 months form NOA1 to POE

I just don't want anybody to kid themselves and get as painfully let down as I was

Thank you so much for clearing some things up! The wait will be long, but in the end it will all be worth it. 

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
4 minutes ago, CCordero said:

Thank you so much for clearing some things up! The wait will be long, but in the end it will all be worth it. 

Yes! it grows in value everyday!  The harder something is to obtain the more we treasure it:)  its the way we are I guess!

The day of my NOA2 was THE best day of my life (so far;)

Perpetual self deprecating sarcasm - its a way of life! 

NOA1 -  6/26/2017

NOA2 - 1/4/2018

NVC# - 1/24/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Cabovercat said:

Yes! it grows in value everyday!  The harder something is to obtain the more we treasure it:)  its the way we are I guess!

The day of my NOA2 was THE best day of my life (so far;)

I am not positive that the time taken for NOA2 will reduce in the near future. Or rather it will go up. The number of actions taken to reduce immigration be it legal or illegal. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ohyeahsunnyday said:

I am not positive that the time taken for NOA2 will reduce in the near future. Or rather it will go up. The number of actions taken to reduce immigration be it legal or illegal. 

It very well could be.  But we can only go off what we got....and unfortunately what we have is pointing to a bad trend.

But we're all here for each other to soak up the frustration.

Hang lose guys

Perpetual self deprecating sarcasm - its a way of life! 

NOA1 -  6/26/2017

NOA2 - 1/4/2018

NVC# - 1/24/2018

July filer piping in, as well!

As of today, our case is at 190 days. It's frustrating but band together and be there for each other. This is a long process - and you guys have just taken the first step in what will hopefully be a rewarding process.

Good luck to all of you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.