121 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Annie0913 said:

What exactly is misrepresentation? Is it my fault then? Since I filled out all the paperwork and put something down that didn't look right? 

No.  They expected one answer and got another.  It may mean that he was not familiar with the relationship information that was in the petition.  They asked him a question that they already knew the answer for and his answer didn't match what they needed to hear.  The misrepresentation was on his end during the interview.  Did he review the petition before you sent it?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

I'd guess it's a combination of three things

1 - high fraud area

2 - he's a guy. usually US guys bring foreign girls...not the other way around

3 - something he said didn't align with your application

are you guys of a different race, by the way?

Edited by K1VisaApplicant05

9 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Attach their silly letter to the email.

I don't mean to be harsh but that letter is anything but silly.  While we don't know all the facts it is a letter that may prevent her loved one from ever being allowed into the States.  It states that there was a misrepresentation and fraud to illegally try to get a US Visa.  That silly letter is VERY serious.

I feel so bad for both of them but I also believe there we are not getting all of the story.  I believe other questions were asked that the beneficiary either forgot or has decided not to share.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

32 minutes ago, AnaMolina said:

This is very weird.. I mean, it looks like the questions weren't very specific at all to get a denial..

Unless there were other questions that the CO asked that the beneficiary is not sharing with the petitioner.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

I'd guess it's a combination of three things

1 - high fraud area

2 - he's a guy. usually US guys bring foreign girls...not the other way around

3 - something he said didn't align with your application

are you guys of a different race, by the way?

We are both Cambodian. My aunt and his grandmom are bestfriends and that's how we were introduced 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So, what about you emmigrating to Cambodia to be with him, then? Instead of him coming here? I mean, if you already speak khmer. And, further, what would his reaction be if you suggested this?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

No.  They expected one answer and got another.  It may mean that he was not familiar with the relationship information that was in the petition.  They asked him a question that they already knew the answer for and his answer didn't match what they needed to hear.  The misrepresentation was on his end during the interview.  Did he review the petition before you sent it?

Yeah we reviewed everything together. So does this mean it's a life time ban?

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

Unless there were other questions that the CO asked that the beneficiary is not sharing with the petitioner.

That's what i thought! It all sounds weird, I hope she really knows him and it's some kind of misunderstanding.. either way it's a pretty hard situation

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Geo_nerd82 said:

So, what about you emmigrating to Cambodia to be with him, then? Instead of him coming here? I mean, if you already speak khmer. And, further, what would his reaction be if you suggested this?

He told me to come live in cambodia. But I don't think I want to. America is my home. I'm doing great for myself and I wouldn't know what to do over there.

Timeline
Just now, Annie0913 said:

He told me to come live in cambodia. But I don't think I want to. America is my home. I'm doing great for myself and I wouldn't know what to do over there.

Well, I'd definitely retain a lawyer then, otherwise you might have some tough decisions to make.... :(

4 minutes ago, Annie0913 said:

Yeah we reviewed everything together. So does this mean it's a life time ban?

That is up to DHS.  I wouldn't worry about that now.  Right now focus on finding out why the CO believes there was fraud.  It was your aunt that introduced you?  Could he have said it was his?  Is the aunt in Cambodia?  It is possible that it was simple confusion.  Focus on the problem right now.  Figure out what they believe was the misrepresentation.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I don't mean to be harsh but that letter is anything but silly.  While we don't know all the facts it is a letter that may prevent her loved one from ever being allowed into the States.  It states that there was a misrepresentation and fraud to illegally try to get a US Visa.  That silly letter is VERY serious.

I feel so bad for both of them but I also believe there we are not getting all of the story.  I believe other questions were asked that the beneficiary either forgot or has decided not to share.

I am very aware of the gravity of the accusation.  I hope you are also aware of how many K1 petitions get denied followed by marriage and approval at the CR1 interview.

3 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

I am very aware of the gravity of the accusation.  I hope you are also aware of how many K1 petitions get denied followed by marriage and approval at the CR1 interview.

Not many that were denied due to fraud.  There are denials for other red flags but fraud generally will stay with the beneficiary forever.  That is the concern.  It is possible that he will be banned from any future consideration.  

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is up to DHS.  I wouldn't worry about that now.  Right now focus on finding out why the CO believes there was fraud.  It was your aunt that introduced you?  Could he have said it was his?  Is the aunt in Cambodia?  It is possible that it was simple confusion.  Focus on the problem right now.  Figure out what they believe was the misrepresentation.

Ok so am I just calling the embassy of Cambodia to figure that out? The CO wouldn't speak to him about it.

Yes that's my aunt. She lives here in the states. My aunt and his grandmom who is in cambodia talk on the phone almost every week.

Edited by Annie0913

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.