ComeAndTakeM

Please HELP,BAD NEWS

68 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please can someone inform me on this.Ive already filed with rapid visa for a K1 VISA.Weve already provided so much information and I've paid rapid visa off.All  me and my fiance has left to do is the medical and the interview,but to do that she has to have particular paperwork ready to be presented when she comes there.One of them being a cenomar which proves she is not married.She went today to get the cenomar but was denied because on her son's birth certificate it shows that my fiance and her son's sperm donor have the same last name.The reason of that is when she had her son,the father signed a marriage contract at the hospital to make it cheaper for all the paperwork at the hospital.So basically it seems like they were married through a hospital,first of all is that even possible and if it is,it shouldn't even be valid, especially coming from a country that makes it almost impossible to annul unless your rich!Now there saying the only thing we can do now is anil,which isn't an option because it will easily cost over 100000 pesos which I do not have because I am a hard working 20 year old middle class American.Weve put so much effort into this relationship and we are so close and I've paid so much money just for us to be together and a technicality that happened at the birth of her son because of some idiot is preventing us from being together.Please tell me if there is a easier and cheaper solution because right now that's the only option there giving us,and they were never even married through a ceromny or anything!!!

Timeline

She can still get CENOMAR as long as shes not married stating there shes never married and if shes going to represent the BC of her kid to the USEM she have to correct the BC of her kid and to correct that in the PSA she needs to present her CENOMAR

Edited by eyaJ
TYPO ERROR

Agreed with @Boiler. I'm not familiar with the hospital aspect of it, but it sounds like she is legally married. This is a significant issue as:

1) She cannot obtain a CENOMAR

2) The K-1 will likely be denied. A K-1 requires her to be free to marry - and if she is legally married, then she does not qualify.

I'm not sure how she could get married with only the father signing a form, though. Are you 100% certain she didn't sign something as well?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Sounds like she did marry.

Sounds like it. 

You should have saved the money from rapid visa. You need to find out if she is married or not and look into what divorce process is in PI the visa will not get approved if she is married. 

Timeline

After talking to her more about it she told me they did go to the mayor to get married to make Philhealth cheaper and all the paperwork cheaper.I guess my only option is anulment.Ill probably have to redo the whole visa process.Thanks for all the replys everyone.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, NigeriaorBust said:

The second time will be harder ,  she has misrepresented to you and the government about her marital status to seek a visa.  She may never get a visa. 

This.  Very much.

i suggest a huge step back unless you want to move to her.  She should be willing to pay for her annulment and the process as well.  As it looks, you'll need an annulment, costs of another petition, the medical, and possibly a misrep waiver.  Not to mention the cost of bringing her child and aos once they're here.  Red flags all over the place.

Timeline

This is all true but I really love this girl.Ive spent so much time and effort to be with her and now this is happening.I think this was a misunderstanding on her part,that's what she is saying.She said she didn't ever fully go through with the marriage that she never even received a marriage certificate.She told me it was all rushed before the child was born so they could afford everything.Thats the reason it was civil through the mayor rather than a church or a municipal Court.I know I'm young and dumb for wanting to go through with this,but I really feel like she loves me and I love her.What if I can get this anulment done before she does the medical?The visa will expire in a year but she's already talked to a lawyer and they said we can get it done in 6 months if the father cooperates,which he will.So if we get this done before it expires and we get the medical and interview out the way,will it be noticed?Will it still have a chance to pass,or am I completely wasting my time?I just don't know anymore,this woman has been so good to me,like we talk so much everyday that I know that she really loves me.

Timeline

If she only became honest from the very start this thing wont happen. Its unfair for you because you wasted money, time and effort for this process. This is serious offense, there is misrepresentation here. Well the only option you can take here is to apply for annulment but please be informed that this process is long, expensive and risky because there is no guarantee that  can she get annulment but its not impossible.

SgBcm5.png

K1 - FIANCE VISA                                                                                           ROC - I751

05.20.2013: Sent K1 Visa Application                                                              01.31.2017: Sent ROC application

05.24.2013: NOA1                                                                                           02.10.2017: NOA1 dated Feb. 3                                                                                 

09.24.2013: NOA2                                                                                           03.03.2017: Biometrics notice received  (Mar. 17)

10.23.2013: NVC letter received                                                                      01.26.2018: Received approval letter (Date of Decision: 01.22.2018)

11.04.2013: Medical done                                                                                02.07.2018: Status: New Card being produced

11.12.2013: Interview Approved                                                                      02.14.2018: Received GC but status still "New Card Being Produced"

11.19.2013: Visa in hand                                                                                 N400 - Natuzalization

12.26.2013: Hello America!                                                                              02.22.2018: Apply online  

AOS, EAD & AP                                                                                               02.24.2018: Online Status: Biometric was Scheduled"

04.19.2014: Sent Application                                                                            03.15.2018: Biometric Scheduled (early walkin (03.06.2018)

04.27.2014: Received text & email application was received                           12.21.2018: Email and text notice for scheduled interview

05.25.2014: Biometrics done                                                                             01.31.2019: Interview

07.12.2014: EAD & AP combo card received                                                    02.19.2019 : Oathtaking ceremony

08.04.2014: Received "Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case"                     

04.21.2015: Status - "Carp produce - Approved - No interview

05.01.2015: Received GC

*************************** GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME *********************************

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Annulments I thought took years.

Plenty more fish in the sea.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.