Kumar27

Will I get a Visa or denied ? Please help me before making the move

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Hi

I've lived in britain with a student visa from october 2011 through september 2013.I did not pass in my second year,so I had to leave britain as my university said I can't resit too.

I have applied for a visitor visa on March 2014, but It got rejected under the section 214(b) saying that I was unable to explain my intentions clearly.

The unfortunate thing I had was,there's a criminal record in my name where I was given a simple caution by the british police, i did not go to jail there too.The charges were filed as a sexual assault under the category of improper touching.It happened on a night where I was drunk, I usually don't drink,but on that day I had 4 or more pints of beer, and I was completely blacked out.I did not even have any intention of doing that but was charged for it.

Later when my us visa got rejected,I have applied for a Uk visa in the month of april and they denied entry clearance saying that the criminal record i had under my name would make me ineligible to enter the country within 12 months since the day charges were filed.

I have already paid 160 usd for my b2 visa and have consular appointment on October 23rd 2014.I am not showing any financial proofs from my Indian bank account as I've got a refund of 3000 pounds from a british university and 400 pounds more to come.So roughly I got 4000 usd in my british bank and I am showing the online statements as Financial proofs.

The reason I am visiting united states is to get some American football training so that I could get a job in American football in canada,india,germany or united kingdom.This institution which is offering me the training has got contacts with people in those mentioned countries.

I have clearly no experience of american football, except I have played rugby while I was in britain and my instructor told me it would take a minimum of 6 months for me to understand clearly.

I got a letter from the institution saying that they are going to provide me food and housing.They have sent me an online word document with their logo and contact info with a letter saying that I will be training with them and they are going to provide me housing,food,internet along with training.

They did not send me any of their financial proofs.Now I have got only 4000 USD to show in my bank statements.

based on the entire thing,should I apply for a visa or not ? will I get accepted if I change my duration for 2 months or 3 ? or Should I simply not apply for the visa ?

I do not want to get rejected any more ,I have already two rejections in my travel history.Please guide me

Timeline

Why have you applied for a B2 visa if you wish to study in the US?

My current motives are to start a business.I have investors from United kingdom and India.But I need to take up this training to boost my chances of getting investment to my business.I want to continue my studies but not being a full time student but while doing the business.

To submit my plans to investors I need to go and take some training required for my business and that training is available in the us.so that's why I have to apply for B2 visa.

Edited by Kumar27

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How long is your training that will take place in the US?

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

How long is your training that will take place in the US?

good luck

Training is for a minimum of 2 months.That is for someone who has a minimum of an year or more experience.But for some beginner like me, after the conversation with the coach, he told me to try for a minimum of 5 or 6 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sounds like you need to calculate how much money you need for 6 months training- you don't want to run short!

Have you paid money to this institution? Are they above board?

As you have already booked an appointment for an interview you might as well give it a shot as a non-show will count as a visa refusal.

Good luck.

Not gonna happen, but you apply so you can try your luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi

I've lived in britain with a student visa from october 2011 through september 2013.I did not pass in my second year,so I had to leave britain as my university said I can't resit too.

I have applied for a visitor visa on March 2014, but It got rejected under the section 214(b) saying that I was unable to explain my intentions clearly.

The unfortunate thing I had was,there's a criminal record in my name where I was given a simple caution by the british police, i did not go to jail there too.The charges were filed as a sexual assault under the category of improper touching.It happened on a night where I was drunk, I usually don't drink,but on that day I had 4 or more pints of beer, and I was completely blacked out.I did not even have any intention of doing that but was charged for it.

Later when my us visa got rejected,I have applied for a Uk visa in the month of april and they denied entry clearance saying that the criminal record i had under my name would make me ineligible to enter the country within 12 months since the day charges were filed.

I have already paid 160 usd for my b2 visa and have consular appointment on October 23rd 2014.I am not showing any financial proofs from my Indian bank account as I've got a refund of 3000 pounds from a british university and 400 pounds more to come.So roughly I got 4000 usd in my british bank and I am showing the online statements as Financial proofs.

The reason I am visiting united states is to get some American football training so that I could get a job in American football in canada,india,germany or united kingdom.This institution which is offering me the training has got contacts with people in those mentioned countries.

I have clearly no experience of american football, except I have played rugby while I was in britain and my instructor told me it would take a minimum of 6 months for me to understand clearly.

I got a letter from the institution saying that they are going to provide me food and housing.They have sent me an online word document with their logo and contact info with a letter saying that I will be training with them and they are going to provide me housing,food,internet along with training.

They did not send me any of their financial proofs.Now I have got only 4000 USD to show in my bank statements.

based on the entire thing,should I apply for a visa or not ? will I get accepted if I change my duration for 2 months or 3 ? or Should I simply not apply for the visa ?

I do not want to get rejected any more ,I have already two rejections in my travel history.Please guide me

You got housing, room and board to come to US and learn Football. Really? Why would a school do this to someone that has absolutely no experience? What school?

You have all the documents to show them of your training and such?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

My current motives are to start a business.I have investors from United kingdom and India.But I need to take up this training to boost my chances of getting investment to my business.I want to continue my studies but not being a full time student but while doing the business.

To submit my plans to investors I need to go and take some training required for my business and that training is available in the us.so that's why I have to apply for B2 visa.

It's a really convoluted explanation which likely will get you denied. Your story make very little sense.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I did not know they played American Football in India.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I did not know they played American Football in India.

Sounds totally legit

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Without doubt.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

There's something missing here. The "school" is either lying to you or you are not telling us the enire story. Plus a sexual assault charge?? I highly doubt you are gonna get admitted to the US.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

a b2 for training? isnt that for tourism?

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.