FZSA

Petitioner Doesnt want to live with Husband

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Friends !!

My friend who is living in USA have a serious problem ! I hope you will write a good words for him

Actually he went to US on marriage basis 15 months ago and living as Conditional GC

Now his wife is not cooperate with him and do not wants to leave with him , their marriage was arranged and that time she did not want to get married with anyone....In short she was not ready for marriage because she was just 21 year old..

She did not open joint account with him nor joined tax return .. In short she just living with him in same roof only .

Also i want to add here that she doesnt have rights to give divorce to him , this is only my friends rites written in Nikah Nama ....

So what he can do to remove his condition on GC??? while he wants to live with her

Can he apply without her while they are still married and living in same home ????

If yes then what will be the rite path ?

Looking expert response !!

Edited by FZSA

She can divorce him, he can divorce her. In most states, neither of them need to produce a reason, only that they want a divorce. Even states that do require a reason will still grant a divorce. Nobody is ever forced to stay married.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

She has the right to divorce him,anytime she wants,and she does not have to prove anything to divorce him.It amazes me how some people want to stay married when the spouse does not give a damn about the marriage. Some people have to develop /regain self esteem and self respect in order to walk away when the marriage fails.We follow here the US Laws, not what is written in any Nikah Nama.

Edited by sandranj

Why would he have rights that meant he could live with her even though she wants a divorce? Women have equal rights in the US, maybe your friend should have done some research about the US before he moved there!

I am sure he did.. thinking that he is protected by Nikah Nama.

Since it is an arranged marriage, I assume they are of the same culture, so assuming the wife will somehow be browbeaten to stay in marriage no matter what :reading:

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

OK then what is husband rites ?????? If he want to live with her ??? In USA there is no LAW for non-American ???

One person's rights to divorce overrules the other person's desires to stay married.

This is not a wife or husband rights, or US citizen or non-US citizen.

They all have same rights to file a divorce.

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I assume u r the close friend of him , I being, born in UK from Pakistani parents,, US CITIZEN for more than 20 years, know that this fellow needs to go back to Pakistan and start new life there.This is better for him . The lady has all rights here. I know very well that most of the children born from the parents from the developing countries like Pakistan in the developed countries like USA, they can decide what to do with their life.....Sorry to say that, this is not Pakistan, Here we have all human rights what we can think, should be!!!!! I remember a known person suffering from this kind of problem, who went back home in Pakistan with her parents to find a groom from her culture, got married there, the man arrived UK AND LATER found out that he had an other affair !!! non stop ... With another women in Pakistan... Even after marriage !!! Who he wanted to bring here in UK after getting ride of the present marriage which was used to just get the visa,Anyhow that marriage ended as a fraud marriage and the fellow was thrown out of UK, back to his country.GOOD LUCK FOR THIS TRUE MARRIAGE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

First Duty: Obedience. A wife should be as obedient as she can to her husband. This preserves the family and protects it from collapsing. This is part of Islam’s organizing of the family structure. The Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked: ‘Which women are the best?’ he answered: “The one who pleases him when he looks at her, obeys him when he asks something of her, and is not disobedient in herself or her money in what he hates.” [Musnad Ahmad]

One should note that a wife’s obedience to her husband falls into one of four categories:

1- To ask her to do something this is commanded by Islam, such as the five prayers. Here the wife must obey her husband, and she would be considered sinful from two perspectives if she fails to obey.

2- To ask her to do something which is beneficial to him, or to refrain from doing something which is harmful to him, such as things which have to do with his food or clothes. She should obey him here unless there is a valid excuse not to.

3- To ask her to do something which falls into her personal affairs, such as asking her to give him money or forbidding her from speaking to a friend for no good reason. Here she can obey him if she wants but she does not have to. She should consider the benefit and harm of such obedience.

4- To order her to disobey Allah’s commands, and here she must disobey her husband.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

First Duty: Obedience. A wife should be as obedient as she can to her husband. This preserves the family and protects it from collapsing. This is part of Islam’s organizing of the family structure. The Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked: ‘Which women are the best?’ he answered: “The one who pleases him when he looks at her, obeys him when he asks something of her, and is not disobedient in herself or her money in what he hates.” [Musnad Ahmad]

One should note that a wife’s obedience to her husband falls into one of four categories:

1- To ask her to do something this is commanded by Islam, such as the five prayers. Here the wife must obey her husband, and she would be considered sinful from two perspectives if she fails to obey.

2- To ask her to do something which is beneficial to him, or to refrain from doing something which is harmful to him, such as things which have to do with his food or clothes. She should obey him here unless there is a valid excuse not to.

3- To ask her to do something which falls into her personal affairs, such as asking her to give him money or forbidding her from speaking to a friend for no good reason. Here she can obey him if she wants but she does not have to. She should consider the benefit and harm of such obedience.

4- To order her to disobey Allah’s commands, and here she must disobey her husband.

And what are the obedience rules for husbands? Oh, wait ...

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello Friends !!

My friend who is living in USA have a serious problem ! I hope you will write a good words for him

Actually he went to US on marriage basis 15 months ago and living as Conditional GC

Now his wife is not cooperate with him and do not wants to leave with him , their marriage was arranged and that time she did not want to get married with anyone....In short she was not ready for marriage because she was just 21 year old..

She did not open joint account with him nor joined tax return .. In short she just living with him in same roof only .

Also i want to add here that she doesnt have rights to give divorce to him , this is only my friends rites written in Nikah Nama ....

So what he can do to remove his condition on GC??? while he wants to live with her

Can he apply without her while they are still married and living in same home ????

If yes then what will be the rite path ?

Looking expert response !!

Hi Fzsa,

I don't believe there is much he can do to prevent her from divorcing him. From my understanding, because they are in the US, she can file for divorce here even if they were legally married by the Nikah in an Islamic country. I believe he can still apply to remove conditions on his own and quite honestly may have an easier time with that if they are divorced rather than living together, but her being unwilling to go through the process with him. I understand how important the Nikah Nama is regardless of US law, but it sounds like she never wanted to marry and her being forced to do so is against Islam and Allah. If he cares for this girl, they have tried counseling and they still truly unhappy together it may be the kindest thing for him to let her go and for him to find a woman that shares the same values of marriage as he has.

I wish your friend the best of luck with whatever happens.

For all the non-Muslims out there. A Nikah Nama is a binding contract, much as a pre-nump would be. I don't agree with writing in the contract that only he can divorce, but that is the contract she signed. I don't want to get into a debate about Islam, but please know Muslim women have many rights in marriage, divorce, and everyday living. Don't confuse one's culture with their religion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.