Michele and Adam

Yes, you can visit!

2,457 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I just flew in a couple of days ago. It never went easier than this time. Only question: "Are you here on holiday?". I think it had to do with the long questionaire before me and the officer not wanting to keep the whole line... Anyway, 6 weeks with my man-to-be before turning back home :D !!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

02/09/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

02/12/18 - USCIS received package

02/15/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email) NEW DATE

02/20/18-   Check cashed

02/23/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

09/04/18 - NOA2 (I-797 says 9/1/18, which is a Saturday)

09/24/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

10/02/18 - Case left NVC

10/04/18 - Embassy Received Case

10/11/18 - Medical Appointment

10/18/18 - Interview Appointment

10/18/18 - We got approved!!!!!!

10/21/18 - Visa on hand

11/02/18 - POE to USA (Orlando Florida)

01/06/19 - WEDDING :D

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I visited twice since we filed in June with POE being either Portland or JFK and each time was the same as before we had filed. Usual questions at border - how long have you known each other, how did we meet, how long am i staying etc. They always specifically asked for the date that i was planning on leaving. Sometimes they asked what i did for a living. Granted i never used the work fiancee, we both still call each other girlfriend. This was using my ESTA. Always a nerve wracking experience after the length of the flight from UK to the West coast, i always had the fear they would turn me away. Got my visa interview tomorrow so here's hoping the next time i go will be with my visa in hand :D 

Edited by mac.brilliance

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone!

We applied on January 2018 for spouse visa I-130.On February we received a letter that they got the receipt.Whats next?

Also before applying for the spouse visa I applied for turist visa so I could go and visit my husband but it was denied..can I apply again know and is there any chance I will get the turist visa?

Waiting is stressful!!!And I really miss my husband 😞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Vert rare for Canadians to need visas to visit.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 3/21/2018 at 8:44 AM, Limey said:

I don't think it has anything to do with Trump... when I went through the process in 2015 Obama was president. NOA2 took me 7 months (via Texas, the California center was running much faster), and entire process around 9 to 10 months. If they are currently processing Sept 2017 then it sounds like the timeline is pretty similar.

I'm not a fan of Trump, but I don't believe this has anything to do with him.

Thanks for the update...

So now we have pushed our wedding date to the beginning of December... but not putting deposits down because of the need to cancel sgain.

Here's my question.  Assuming we get married in December, my finances son graduated college April 2019 in Japan... will she be able to to his graduation?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Zumbadaddy said:

Thanks for the update...

So now we have pushed our wedding date to the beginning of December... but not putting deposits down because of the need to cancel sgain.

Here's my question.  Assuming we get married in December, my finances son graduated college April 2019 in Japan... will she be able to to his graduation?

Will be tight, maybe , maybe not.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hi Everyone

Need some guidance here, me and my fiance is currently awaiting NOA2 (which should be any week now). 

Has anybody got any experience or knowledge regarding entering the United States right after the k1 is approved but without having it activated until you are ready to actually leave your country of residence or origin? 

I work as a cabin crew for an international European airline. I operate flights to the United States on a weekly basis specifically to San Diego (which is where my fiance is from) as crew. Entering with my C1/D as per standard procedure for air crew. When I get more than 4 days off in a row I use the opportunity to visit my fiance using my b1/b2 visa or sometimes my ESTA  (during the NOA1 -> NOA2 waiting time) sometimes even visiting him twice in a month on top of my scheduled rostered flights to San Diego. ( So to anybody that is worried that the k1 application might hinder them from entering with VWP or B2 visa, Don't! It is possible! However at this point I would also like to point out that circumstances may differ from individual to individual). 

Let's fast forward to June/July and assume that the k1 has been approved and all stamped in my passport. I then resign with my current airline but as per any other job, a notice period needs to be given. Which in my case is 4 weeks. Now, due to the nature of my job I will still be required to enter the US with my C1/D during my notice period. Will this be an issue? Will I still be allowed to not activate my K1 until I say so to the officer or do I have to use it immediately on the first point of entry after the interview ( obviously before 6 months).

Any help will be highly appreciated as I am prepping for the next few weeks and months in terms of paper work and notices. 

Ta

Hi everyone. I’m Ken. My boyfriend and I have been doing the long distance thing since September last year. We met online over a dating app, and we’ve been chatting, calling, video calling ever since.

I have tons of family living in the United States, so there’s always plenty of reasons to visit. This year, I decided to take all of my paid vacation time I’ve accumulated over the past 5 years (about 5 months) and take the time to get to know this guy In close proximity. Needless to say, I am in love. We are in love, and well, we’ve talked about getting hitched. Obviously, a lot of people do get married while they’re here, which makes it a lot harder to come in extended visits. We’ve been contemplating maybe getting married before I go home, or doing the K1 visa. I know it’s a lengthy process, and a complicated one, and being the paranoid person I am, I keep thinking things won’t work out.

So now here’s the deal: I’ve been here for 2 months now, so I still have about 3 left. What do you guys think we should do? I’m thinking either option (marriage, or K1) will be risky anyway. We have plans of coming back to the Philipppines in July together. I’m thinking I don’t want to spend too much time away from him anymore (this is probably the high of being in love talking), so I’m thinking of coming back after a month in the Philippines, and then going back home for Christmas. Is that possible while the process is ongoing? And can he start it before I fly back in July?

i appreciate any thoughts you guys may have on this. :)

Timeline

I can not work out who is who or where is where.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I recently had a denied F1 (1,5 month ago) but then website still shows a valid “Esta visa” for the time before this.

My fiancée and I have now started  the process for getting married (the K1 process). 

To spend more time together I would like to travel now to USA for 2,5 month with my Esta (basically valid till 2019) since the F1 for the college was denied. 

On the Internet we read already story’s about this. So it’s very likely that they will interview me at the airport etc. 
The customs officer will decide if they let me in or not. Is this correct? 

Also according to some,  The worse case scenario is that they simply send me back on the next flight to Germany.

if this was to happen, does this negativly affect the K1 process? Will they they take that into consideration when I have my interview? I want to visit my fiancé but don’t want screw up the process if that’s even a thing?

I have proof that I need to return to Germany for my sisters wedding which is scheduled later this year, would this help to show?

Can you please give me some advise here? I would only try to travel to USA if there are no risks that could affect the other processes.

Timeline

Have you updated ESTA with your visa refusal?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Didn’t realize you had to update the Esta visa with the F1 student denial. 

With that said, once I update, will I no longer be able to visit USA? Or do I have to wait for the K1?

Timeline

That depends on what happens once you update.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.