Michele and Adam

Yes, you can visit!

2,457 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
19 hours ago, gcurry88 said:
Hi Everyone,
My apologies if this question has been asked previously. My fiancee and I submitted our I-129f form in October 2017 for the K1 visa and received our NOA1. We are currently awaiting our NOA2. Is it possible for her to visit me in the United States with her ESTA? 
Her last visit was this past summer on the visa waiver program with her Chilean passport. She has Chilean and Ecuadorian citizenship and resides in Ecuador.
We would love to visit each other, but do not want to jeopordize our dream of getting married.

Many thanks!

Well, read this topic. You can already find the answer in the title...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

So my I-129 was received on March 1st and we got our letter of receipt dated March 7th.

I just called USCIS and asked the nice lady on the phone if its reasonable to plan our wedding for August 4th... she elt me know they are current;y processing applications dated September 1st, 2017.

To say this in the nicest French accent I can think of.... 

THAT SUCKS. 

I wonder how many people actually work there at USCIS.  instead of trump firing these Bozzo's he should hire more help AKA create more jobs... god knows the whole coal fiasco didn't create jobs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Zumbadaddy said:

So my I-129 was received on March 1st and we got our letter of receipt dated March 7th.

I just called USCIS and asked the nice lady on the phone if its reasonable to plan our wedding for August 4th... she elt me know they are current;y processing applications dated September 1st, 2017.

THAT SUCKS. 

I wonder how many people actually work there at USCIS.  instead of trump firing these Bozzo's he should hire more help AKA create more jobs... god knows the whole coal fiasco didn't create jobs.

I thought you were filing last September, why did you wait so long?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

We have April plans here in the US... didnt want the visa approved early... the we couldnt go on her company trip...she doesnt have a work visa... Had it been approved before April if we did send it in September then most likely we would not be able to go on these trips that we have planned and my understanding At the time was processing is roughly 4 to 6 months That lead me to believe that if we submitted the application in middle of January or February It would be approved on time by August but obviously that is not so.

Timeline

Not sure they have ever been that quick, mine was a bit over  a year. I think 9 months or so is reasonable now, of course you can always slow them down, speeding them up is the tricky bit.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Not sure they have ever been that quick, mine was a bit over  a year. I think 9 months or so is reasonable now, of course you can always slow them down, speeding them up is the tricky bit.

Initially rapid Visa had told me they were taking about 6 months for approvals... and since we have plans for my fiance's company cruise out of Miami Beginning of April we didn't want the approval before then... So I thought it was best to wait until the end of January or February to apply.  then I went to Japan to see my fiance the 1st week of February and didn't get back until after Valentines ... and the promise to marry form needed an original signature which we didn't know about until after I paid the full fee.  And then along with copies and translations of divorce docs and also pics it didn't get out until the end of February.  So thats where it's at now... in the hands of a government minimum wage employee that probably takes a 15 minute cigarette break every hour and has 1 working speed... "extremely slow"

Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

I'm not sure what made you think I was filing last September.....

Timeline

I remember you posting last year and replying. 

You are not the first VJ member to be screwed by RapidVisa and no doubt will not be the last.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I remember you posting last year and replying. 

You are not the first VJ member to be screwed by RapidVisa and no doubt will not be the last.

I think being screwed is kind of an over statement... I take responsibility for not paying them sooner to find out these details... I feel I waited too long... the screwed up in another way... they lost my $535.00 money order for UCSIS then after I sent it out the next day they told me they found it.  Ansd i also sent in my fiance's divorce decree... from JAPAN and never thought about it being translated so that held it up another day.  The gave me a credit for the mistake but the difference was only 4 or 5 days... I still should have sent it all in sooner... but I didn't realize...  Bottom line... MY FAULT.

I really don't think I could have handled all the paperwork without there help.

Timeline

If you need legal advice use a Lawyer, the K1 is pretty simple and most people have no trouble doing it themselves.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Got through easily enough at Chicago O'Hare. Kenyan passport on a B2 visa, was asked why and who, and when i said visiting fiance he was a bit sceptical and I volunteered the information we are waiting on a K1 and its been a long time since we met.

He asked how long I'll stay, do I have a job at home and how much money I brought with me. Thats it, no evidence requested.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi everyone! I just entered to the US to visit my fiance and I went through immigration without any problem! The CBP officer asked regular questions about where was I staying, the length of my visit, and what did I do for a living back home. The word fiance was not even mentioned in the conversation bc of the nature of the questions he asked. Since I'm staying with my sister, he asked about her status here in the US and what did she study. At the end, he asked why did I have so many vacations and he answered the question himself" "oh right, its summer over there" (??).

POE was Las Vegas. 

On 3/15/2018 at 4:11 PM, Zumbadaddy said:

THAT SUCKS. 

I don't think it has anything to do with Trump... when I went through the process in 2015 Obama was president. NOA2 took me 7 months (via Texas, the California center was running much faster), and entire process around 9 to 10 months. If they are currently processing Sept 2017 then it sounds like the timeline is pretty similar.

I'm not a fan of Trump, but I don't believe this has anything to do with him.

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

I more so believe that because of the election, more and more people have been hurrying their petitions, what might be a part of the cause why it's so backlogged.

Even when it wasn't as backlogged as it is now, my K-1 process took overall six months from beginning to end so if your receipt in March.. August is definitely not going to work. Obama was President when I filed, and it was already considered backlogged in 2016.

Edited by Dutchster

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.