dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I just called NVC to make sure I don't have to do anything else. My case is a pivot case. She said that she saw that I uploaded everything & completed the ds-260...now I just wait for it to be reviewed & they'll email me. So I guess my scan date is 3/21...I had uploaded most of my docs on 3/18...but wanted to add some additional docs that I forgot...so I was able to do that on 3/21. 

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
2 minutes ago, selsiii said:

I thought so too. I was given that date when  I called two weeks ago, I think the day they changed their processing time to 8 weeks. I thought they just calculated 8 weeks from their receipt date and gave me that date but for another person to give me the exact date today makes me wonder if its written on my file or something. its really disheartening.

Oh man, I didn't realize they mentioned that date once before...i can't believe how back logged they are. Ugh, sorry!

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
On 3/23/2018 at 8:08 PM, truelove29 said:

I'm not sure but I don't think you can get a CC without paying the IV fee...you can hold off on submitting documents though. I believe with pivot cases the review is about 4-6 weeks. So maybe don't submit the final docs until end of May?? Once you get a cc I think it might be difficult to control when you get the interview...so your best bet is to hold off on submitting docs. If you get a checklist, because it's a pivot case, I don't think would delay it too much more. These are all guesses though, maybe someone knows more...sorry you have to deal with this at all!

Thank you for the advice. 

17 minutes ago, selsiii said:

Today is exactly a month since NVC received my case and still no case number. I just got off the phone with them and I was told again to call back on April 23rd as that will be the day I will get a case number. Is it really written in stone? My case is not a pivot case so was hoping for at least a month. AM really discouraged now. Anyone else waiting on a case number? NVC received Feb. 26th.

NVC recieved my case on Feb 26th as well. Hopeing to get the case number by end of this week or early next week. Cases recieved on Feb 15,16 got thier case numbers last week. My case is not pivot either!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 minutes ago, KLOVEM said:

NVC recieved my case on Feb 26th as well. Hopeing to get the case number by end of this week or early next week. Cases recieved on Feb 15,16 got thier case numbers last week. My case is not pivot either!!!!

Have they mentioned any particular date to you? Im still wondering why they told me this. Pls update us when you receive a case number. I will keep an eye out for your case.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

Oh man, I didn't realize they mentioned that date once before...i can't believe how back logged they are. Ugh, sorry!

I wish they had a system where they assign numbers once cases are received.  I guess i will have to wait and see what happens.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, selsiii said:

I wish they had a system where they assign numbers once cases are received.  I guess i will have to wait and see what happens.

It's so frustrating...my NOA2 was November 15th...it took forever for them to send it...I didn't get my case number until March 12th!! I thought I'd be done with NVC by March...there's just no rhyme or reason to this process!

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
25 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

It's so frustrating...my NOA2 was November 15th...it took forever for them to send it...I didn't get my case number until March 12th!! I thought I'd be done with NVC by March...there's just no rhyme or reason to this process!

oh wow! i guess i have no reason to complain then  Are you a pivot case?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, selsiii said:

oh wow! i guess i have no reason to complain then  Are you a pivot case?

Yes, mines a pivot case...took 9 weeks to get a case number! 

11-15-17 NOA 2

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

4-4-18 Case Complete

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
2 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

Yes, mines a pivot case...took 9 weeks to get a case number! 

The joy of getting a case approval only to have to wait long at the next stage. Hopefully, it won't be for long. You are almost there

10 minutes ago, Hypekicks said:

When will this END! 🤨

Screenshot_20180326-104934_Hancom Office Editor.jpg

ah, I feel your pain.

We got that letter in the 15th and a friend of mine has been waiting for over 2 friggin' months and she doesn't have an interview date yet...

I'm bracing myself,  but the wait and inefficiency are unreal. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

In Pivot Online CEAC.state.gov if you submit DS-260 form. Is there any way to make changes before the interview. I called NVC they say only interviewing consular officer can make the changes if you spell you name wrong in the form. At interview you request him to change and he will change but you can not change in now because the DS-260 is submitted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.