dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Rawanruru said:

Hahah I'm the one with this scan date, impatiently waiting for a cc hopefully soon 

Same here its been 4 weeks tomorrow since SD

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Everyone... sorry in advance if these questions have already been answered...

Police Certificate... Should I have my husband fax me the police certificate he had completed in his country so I can send it in with the package or Can I just put NA?

Proof of Domicile... If the beneficiary doesn't live in the US... Am I providing my proof (petitioner)?

Proof of Relationship (only for i-864A): is spousal visa I864A? 

How do I know which documents go with the IV Package, and which documents go with the AOS package? 

Thank You!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Any one else with a cc Jan 16 2018 or above? That is waiting for an Interview date still? Tomorrow is 10 weeks after case completed and we are still waiting for a DATE!

CD Juarez, Mexico Embassy.

I called today and they arent scheduling yet and its already last week of month!

16 minutes ago, lakeslove said:

Hello Everyone... sorry in advance if these questions have already been answered...

Police Certificate... Should I have my husband fax me the police certificate he had completed in his country so I can send it in with the package or Can I just put NA?

Proof of Domicile... If the beneficiary doesn't live in the US... Am I providing my proof (petitioner)?

How do I know which documents go with the IV Package, and which documents go with the AOS package? 

Thank You!

Police clearance - you need to include. Have him scan it and email it to you. It will look a lot better than a fax.

Proof of domicile- N/A if Petitioner lives in US.

Proof of relationship- that only applies if you are using a second person to sponsor your spouse. For example if you dont meet the level required to sponsor your spouse and you are using lets say your father, then you need to prove his relationship. If you are doing it yourself then N/A.

Any documents related to your spouse go in the IV Package.

Any documents related to you go in the AOS.

31 minutes ago, lakeslove said:

Thank You!

don't forget to have police certificate translated. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Henry&Olga said:

Police clearance - you need to include. Have him scan it and email it to you. It will look a lot better than a fax.

Proof of domicile- N/A if Petitioner lives in US.

Proof of relationship- that only applies if you are using a second person to sponsor your spouse. For example if you dont meet the level required to sponsor your spouse and you are using lets say your father, then you need to prove his relationship. If you are doing it yourself then N/A.

Any documents related to your spouse go in the IV Package.

Any documents related to you go in the AOS.

Thank You so much!

3 minutes ago, rtsandlin said:

don't forget to have police certificate translated. 

Thank You

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Today is exactly a month since NVC received my case and still no case number. I just got off the phone with them and I was told again to call back on April 23rd as that will be the day I will get a case number. Is it really written in stone? My case is not a pivot case so was hoping for at least a month. AM really discouraged now. Anyone else waiting on a case number? NVC received Feb. 26th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 minute ago, selsiii said:

Today is exactly a month since NVC received my case and still no case number. I just got off the phone with them and I was told again to call back on April 23rd as that will be the day I will get a case number. Is it really written in stone? My case is not a pivot case so was hoping for at least a month. AM really discouraged now. Anyone else waiting on a case number? NVC received Feb. 26th.

That's so weird that they gave a specific date! I would still call every Monday & ask...non pivot cases have been getting their case numbers in less time. I would even call tomorrow & hope to speak to someone else!

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 minute ago, truelove29 said:

That's so weird that they gave a specific date! I would still call every Monday & ask...non pivot cases have been getting their case numbers in less time. I would even call tomorrow & hope to speak to someone else!

I thought so too. I was given that date when  I called two weeks ago, I think the day they changed their processing time to 8 weeks. I thought they just calculated 8 weeks from their receipt date and gave me that date but for another person to give me the exact date today makes me wonder if its written on my file or something. its really disheartening.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.