dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Ed and Lyn said:

Our case was NOA2 Feb 12, 2018, and Sent to NVC Feb 14, 2018.......Until now no notice for AOS how long can we still wait?

the quoted time is up to 8 weeks. have you called them to see if they received your case or if a number has been assigned?

Edited by Meno

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Ed and Lyn said:

Our case was NOA2 Feb 12, 2018, and Sent to NVC Feb 14, 2018.......Until now no notice for AOS how long can we still wait?

I would call NVC this week to make sure they received it. If you're a pivot case (electronic uploading process) it can take 8-9 weeks to receive a case number. For regular petitions it's about 4 weeks. I found out I was a pivot case when I called NVC...they told me to call back and press 5 for CEAC cases.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

29 minutes ago, Meno said:

the quoted time is up to 8 weeks. have you called them to see if they received your case or if a number has been assigned?

Thanks a lot...I would ask my wife petitioner to call NVC.

31 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

I would call NVC this week to make sure they received it. If you're a pivot case (electronic uploading process) it can take 8-9 weeks to receive a case number. For regular petitions it's about 4 weeks. I found out I was a pivot case when I called NVC...they told me to call back and press 5 for CEAC cases.

Thanks...

4 hours ago, Meno said:

i'm surprised your scan date is after mine when your documents were sent before me. did you send them from the US or el salvador? My scan date is march 9th.

you're notified of the interview separately and how long it takes depends on how busy the embassy is.

My mistake SD was 3/6

22 hours ago, Mahrukh Rana said:

How do we get to know that our case is pivot or not? and also did you call NVC to check if they received your case? I got my NOA2 on 24th January 2018, its been 2 months and NVC says they haven't received my case? What should i do? 

I found out my case was a pivot case when I called NVC. Yes I started calling them 5 days after I received NOA2. I'm not sure why they haven't received your case yet. Try calling USCIS and confirm that they sent it. I know NVC have been super busy with all the new cases but I don't see why your case haven't been received. Hang in there. I know this whole process an be frustrating. 

12 hours ago, truelove29 said:

For those who are pivot cases...after you uploaded all of your docs...did you call NVC to get a scan date? Or do you just keep checking your status online? I've read that the status will stay at "action required, submit documents" until it changes to "at NVC", meaning case complete. Is that still correct?

I wonder what's the average time from submitting all the documents until cc for pivot cases. I'm hoping my lawyer will submit my documents this week. Good luck to you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
5 hours ago, Meno said:

If my husband is born in USA our case doesnt hv priority??? Or all cases take the same time...i130 cr1....i thought imediate relative. Is faster...anyone knows somth about it

43 minutes ago, Fatima el orra said:

If my husband is born in USA our case doesnt hv priority??? Or all cases take the same time...i130 cr1....i thought imediate relative. Is faster...anyone knows somth about it

It doesn't matter how your spouse obtained his citizenship. We are all in the line :( 

10 hours ago, Henry&Olga said:

Anyone with SD date around 03/12? 

My SD date was - 03/12

Waiting for CC. Once you get CC are you notified at the same time when the interview is? Or after CC you get another letter/email with the interview date? And how long after CC to get interview? My embassy is San Salvador, El Salvador. 

Hahah I'm the one with this scan date, impatiently waiting for a cc hopefully soon 

8 hours ago, truelove29 said:

So if you call them AND have to press 5 does that mean I'm also a pivot case. Because my embassy is in Sarajevo and it doesn't look like they do electronic. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, SME2017 said:

So if you call them AND have to press 5 does that mean I'm also a pivot case. Because my embassy is in Sarajevo and it doesn't look like they do electronic. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html#method1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 01/03/2018 at 4:17 AM, Tkim said:

NVC received my case on Feb 15th. I call today, they told me I will get my case number anytime now, but yesterday they said give them another week since they r behind. Hope We will hear good news from them.

Good day,Pls kindly tell us the priority date of your case and when you get case closed,if possible u can tell us the processing center,so that we can calculate ours too...thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.