dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, MahiAS said:

I think that’s a good idea at least while you’re in this long and confusing process. You can always change it later :) 

Really I didn’t know that I could change it after or later thank u :)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Russia
Timeline
On 3/28/2018 at 12:53 PM, Jupifer said:

Just pure luck that it took 17 days for us to get NVC Case Number assigned after USCIS NOA2.  I did call several times and they escalated to a supervisor after waiting a standard 2 weeks.  Pure luck before loads of cases were dumped on NVC and now the waiting standard for a case number is being quoted at 8 weeks.

Just got our case complete and entered into spreadsheet.

NOA2: 01-23-2018

NVC Received: 01-30-2018

NVC Case #: 02-16-2018

NVC Fees Paid: 02-26-2018

NVC Doc SD: 03-01-2018

NVC CC: 03-28-2018

What luck I am having.  There is no happy median in this process.  However, I did do a really good job on the documents.

I do believe that in my particular case with a minor child involved and using Russian legal documents that circumvent the problem we had of not being able to get a father's permission letter, that the State Dept must have contacted the US Embassy Moscow for feedback on the Russian documents I had that gives the full-custodial mother "the right" to leave Russia with her minor son and reside with her new family in the USA.  Because of this probable contact with the Embassy, the interview was scheduled two days after NVC case complete.  

NVC Interview Scheduled: 03-30-2018

US Embassy Moscow Interview: 05-24-2018

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Meno said:

AT NVC usually means your case review is already complete. call on monday to verify. they schedule interviews the last week of the month to the first week of the next month so you might get lucky and get your interview scheduled in the next or wait another month.

Thanks for the reply. For clarification, i think its only been 2 weeks since I sent my civil documents. I am waiting to be DQ. As you have said if I am lucky there might be a possibility that I already have my Interview Date since upon checking ceac it says “at nvc”?

2 hours ago, KeziaBrian said:

I called yesterday and got ONLY the invoice number... which I think it’s a progress considering I had nothing before lol  hopefully will get case number next week 👏🏼 

*pivot case, received 31st of January* 

Good! Hopefully they are on January 31st! I will call Monday.

2 hours ago, MahiAS said:

You’re right. But then there has been some cases in Feb that already have case #s. So just like USCIS, there’s no logical order to this process. Either we get lucky or not. 

Those few cases in Feb for pivot cases with case numbers are for embassies that were recently added to the pivot system...at least I think.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, aywang said:

Those few cases in Feb for pivot cases with case numbers are for embassies that were recently added to the pivot system...at least I think.

Oh I see. I didn’t know that. Just hoping the next week is the lucky week for all of us! 

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

50 minutes ago, Nurse123456 said:

Thanks for the reply. For clarification, i think its only been 2 weeks since I sent my civil documents. I am waiting to be DQ. As you have said if I am lucky there might be a possibility that I already have my Interview Date since upon checking ceac it says “at nvc”?

what does DQ mean? and yes people have gotten case completes after 2 weeks.

11 hours ago, Nav1985 said:

Folks, I have filed my taxes as single as my wife is not here.....my tax consultant told me file it this way and change it once she is here. Will this be a problem?

I would not risk filing single. You are not single you are married. You had to file by mail as I did and where it asks for Spouse SSN write NRA you might end up owing money to IRS but you can amend later when she has a SSN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations to all the newbies to the thread and approvals and case Complete. It's time for April. Move on over to April thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/667234-nvc-filers-april-2018/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Thread closed to additional discussion; discussion continues in thread linked to in post above.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.